Ballad of Mona Lisa

Lets Get These Teen Hearts Beating, Faster Faster!

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

We drove around for like 5 minutes and pulled up to a nearby apartment complex.
"Its nothing special, but its a roof over my head." He said as if he was embarrassed.

"It looks nice" I said stepping out of the car. He led me up two flights of stairs, and down a hall.

"Here we are." He said putting a key in the door. I followed him through a small living room area, that was connected to a kitchen. I saw a decent sized t.v., two couches, a coffee table that doubled as a kitchen table. Then off to the right was a bathroom, and down the hall was two bedrooms.

"My dad is at A.A. and probably wont be home for like 2 hours, if thats okay with you." He said trying to clean up a little bit.

"Yeah thats fine my mom is like never home."

"Lets go in my room." He said motioning towards the hallway. His room was kind of small, the floor was covered in clothes, and CD's. The walls covered with a guitar, posters, and pictures.

He sat on his bed, and made room for me.

"Sorry about the mess"

"I don't care my rooms messier." I said laughing. Looking around at all of the stuff in his room. It wasn't really messy, just too small for all this stuff. He started casually cleaning, trying to make it look less messy.

"So where exactly is your mom anyway?" He said shoving stuff into his closet.

"Oh I don't know she's out somewhere. She should be home later." I said lying, I really didn't know when she would be home.

"She do that often?" He asked sitting back down, and pulling his ipod out from somewhere.

"Kinda." I said laughing slightly.

"Haha, my dad too.." He said hinting as if he knew.

"So do you mind if I ask you something?" He said getting really serious.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but..." He stopped.

"But what?"

"What was that girl talking about today..." He said looking me dead in the eyes, with concern. I was stunned. I didn't know what to do. I just stared at him for, what seemed like forever, until he broke the silence.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." he said standing up, pacing. I owed it to Andrew to tell him what was going on in my life, he told me everything.

"Don't worry, come here. I'll tell you." I said standing up to grab his arm, but accidentally grabbed his hand. He turned towards me, and didn't jerk his hand away in disgust. We stared at each other, looking for the next step on each others face. Finally I snapped out of it, and pulled him back towards the bed, still holding hands.

"Listen. If I tell you this just know to keep it a secret. I only told, Brandon, and Lena back in the 7th grade."

"I can keep a secret, you can trust me." He said putting his free hand on top of our hands. I went into detail, about everything. The day my dad left, the day mom went crazy, the day I had a break down, how I had an eating disorder, that Brandon 'helped with'. The only thing I left out was my current eating problem.

"Oh my god, Lisa." he said holding me. I wrapped my arms around him, and he just held me tight.

"I appreciate you telling me, this it means a lot." He said now looking in my eyes again.

"I appreciate you listening." I said seeing honesty in his eyes.

"Can I tell you something now?" He said going back to holding my hand.

"Sure."

"I like you, and I mean REALLY like you. Meaning if you'd like....I'd like to date you." He said coming in a little closer. My jaw literally dropped. I was so shocked. No one had ever asked me out before ever! I immediately smiled.

"What do you say?" He said smiling back. I really didn't know what to say... why would he want to be with me after I just told him my whole fucked up life.

"Do you mean it?"

"Of course I mean it. I would never lie to you." he said again, I saw sincerity in his eyes. How can I believe him? I just met him.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I said sitting back from him,and letting go of his hand.

"No!" he said almost yelling.

"Why would I joke about this with you? and why do you think I am?" He said calmer.

"No guy has ever been this nice to me, and I have never had any guy tell me they liked me before."

"Well guess what I'm not like every other guy. I'm different. Let me show you how I am different. Give me a chance." He said taking my hands in his.

"How about this? I'll give you time to think about it okay?" he continued breaking the silence, and my thoughts.

"Okay." I said. I felt my phone vibrate. I took my hands from Andrew's, and pulled out my phone. It was Brandon texting me.

"Sorry was @ work. Come get your keys." I read in my head. Whats Brandon's problem?

"I have to go Brandon has my keys, and I have a lot of homework I wanna start." I said going
to stand up.

"Wait Lisa." He said holding my hand again, and turning me so I was looking at him.

"Can I just show you that I do really like you?" He said locking his fingers in between mine.

"Sure." I said reaching for his other hand.

Andrew lowered his head towards me, and had his lips out slightly. Oh my god he's going to kiss me! I didn't know what to do! I had never been kissed before. I stood in shock at first as he pressed his soft lips to mine. It was so sweet, and loving. He pulled me in closer gently, and put his right hand on my face, and put his left hand on my hip. I put both my hands around his neck, and played with his hair. I had never felt better in my life. He pulled away from me, and looked into my eyes, and I looked into his. He pushed my hair out of my eyes, and stroked my cheek. I was still stunned, and just stood there.

"Ever been kissed, like that before?" He said playing with my hair.

"Well...I uhmm...."

"You what?"

"I have never been kissed before, on the lips. That was my first." I said looking down
ashamed.

"Thats adorable." He said smiling. I smiled too, that kiss could not have been more perfect.

"Come on I'll give you a ride to Brandon's." He said taking my hand.

"Wait Andrew. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, but if I do agree to date you, I want to take things slow. I don't want to rush into anything...okay?"

"Of course IF something happens it will be on your own terms." he said smiling again.

"Come here beautiful." he said pulling me into him again, and kissing me. The second kiss was just as good as the first! We left his room after several minutes of kissing, and got into his car. We held hands on the way to Brandon's house.

"Okay there it is." I said pointing to the house.

"Okay.. text me later?" he said looking sad.

"Of course!" I said smiling, which caused him to smile.

"I'll be waiting. bye gorgeous." he said kissing me good bye.

"Bye." I said getting out of the car, and waving.

I knocked on Brandon's house door, and he answered.
"Hey!" I said going in for a hug, but got denied.

"Your keys are upstairs." He said closing the door behind me, and walking upstairs. Something was up with him. I followed him to his room in silence. I closed the door behind me, and sat on the couch he had in his room.

"Where were you in lunch?" I asked getting comfortable.

"I was going to come to sit with you, but when I got there I saw you almost kill Lena."

"Oh my god you heard her! I was so pissed! She's lucky I was being held back by-"

"Andrew I know. I saw that too." he said looking down at his floor, as if he was sad.

"Yeah I probably would be in jail or something if it wasn't for him."

"What a guy." he said with a slight sarcastic chuckle.

"Something wrong?" I said getting up and sitting next to him. He let out a sigh, and stood up.

"Ugh god Lisa." He said with tears in his eyes.

"What?"

"I saw you, and him holding hands after school, and I saw you get into his car, and leave with him." He said getting really angry at me.

"So what... he helped me calm down, and feel better."

"How? With his lips? Yeah I saw you kiss him when you got here too!" He said now crying, and yelling.

"What is the problem Brandon! Why can't you be happy for me?" I said going to reach for him, but he hit my hand away.

"Why? WHY? I can't be happy for you, because you're to fucking blind to see that I love you! Not in a friend way, but I am in love with you! I have been for years, but you never even noticed! Now this asshole shows up, who you've known for a month, and you two are dating? Like you never even saw any of the things I did for you? Then some kid comes, and helps you out once, and now he's the shit!? What the fuck Lisa? Am I not good enough? Cool enough? Funny enough? huh? What is it?"

"Okay calm down Brandon please!" I said grabbing his arm, and trying to hug him, but getting pushed away.

"Its not like that. We're not dating, I mean he asked me out, and kissed me, but I told him I would think about it. I tried to include you in things, and you were the one who wouldn't come to lunch, or hang out with me, we all could have been friends. And why are you telling me all this now? If you've felt this way for as long as you say, why now?"

"I HAVE TRIED! I have dropped so many hints, but you never saw one! I never had the guts to tell you, and Im just so pissed thats why I'm telling you now. And I avoided you two, because I cant stand that kid Lisa! I saw the way you two looked at each other. I didn't stand a chance." He stood with his hand on the wall, and resting his head on his hand. He took his other hand , and kept hitting the wall next to him.

I was speechless. I honestly had no idea Brandon felt this way about me. I had always pushed those feelings to the back of my head.
"I loved you at one time too, but then you got a couple girlfriends, and I pushed those thoughts out of my mind about us. I'm sorry."

"I only dated those girls to take my mind off you..." He trailed off. I didn't know what to say this was all so sudden.

"Can I ask you something?" he said looking at me , and wiping his tears.

"Anything."

"Do you like him? At all?" I didn't know how to responding with out hurting him. I stared at him for a little while.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Listen Brandon, I do love you, but you're like my brother I don't want to ruin anything between us."

"Yeah yeah yeah. It's not you its me, typical bullshit coming from you." He said snapping a nasty look at me , which made me cry. I had never seen Brandon this mad, especially at me. He saw me crying, and came over and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Lisa I really am! I'm just upset. It kind of is my own fault, for not speaking up....I want you to tell Andrew you'll date him."

"Wait why?"

"If you don't want me why should I torture you, and make you miserable. If he makes you happy...then let him." He said smiling at me.

"I don't want to hurt you more Brandon I mean-"

"Stop I over reacted. Its not your fault, I know you don't want to hurt me. I understand."

"Brandon, why the bipolar-ness you just went from enraged to calm now. Why the sudden change?"

"I told you I want you to be happy, andI don't want to be selfish....just promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Promise we'll still be good friends... like we were before Andrew came into the picture."

"Of course....now can you promise me something?"

"Sure."

"Try to be nice to Andrew?"

"No not now anyway. I will try, but not right now."

"Fair enough....can I have a hug?"
"of course." He said opening his arms, and holding me tight. We talked a little bit, then he drove me home. I guess Andrew wouldn't have to wait so long for his answer, I'll answer him tomorrow! The anxious feeling kept me up all night. I thought about us together, all night, and thought about Brandon. I hoped he would be okay. I mean he seemed sincere about how he felt, and how he wanted me to be happy... right?
♠ ♠ ♠
commenntt =)