Ballad of Mona Lisa

I Want To Be More Than You're Thinking Of.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

The next day,I got up extra early for school. I had made plans to hang out with Andrew after school, and wanted to make sure I looked as good as I felt. I put on my favorite skinny jeans, that were now had a little room in them from the amount of weight I've lost, and my favorite purple short sleeve shirt. Which used to be skin tight, but that too was also a little big on me. Since the summer time I had probably lost at least 15 lbs, which left me standing at 5'5" and 115 lbs. I still wanted to lose more, but that wasn't my priority now. I was more focused on Andrew. I was up all night thinking about how he kissed me, and held me. I also stayed up thinking about how this was way to good to be true, there has to be something I don't like about Andrew, but I couldn't think of anything.

Before I knew it Brandon was honking outside my house. I ran down stairs and tried to avoid my mother, but of course she had something to say.
"Tell Brandon to stop fucking beeping at 7 in the fucking-" She screamed as I ran out the door.
I waved to Brandon, and I saw a look of disgust on his face. Oh god what now?

"Hey my mom wants you to stop beeping so early in the morning."

"Oh.." He said staring me down top to bottom. It was kind of awkward now because I knew he liked me so I didn't want to do anything to lead him on.

"So that means do it again when ever you come okay?" I said chuckling, which made him chuckle.

"You look nice." He said smiling.

"Oh thank you." I said trying not to feel awkward.

"Can I ask you something?" He said pulling away from my house.

"Uhm sure. Anything."

"Have you...lost weight..?" He said looking me dead in the eyes, at a stop sign. I hate when he asks me. I hate lying to him, but I don't want to hurt him.

"Uh no? Why you think I have?" I said trying to play the guilt trip, and act like he was crazy.

"Yeah actually you do." He said backfiring my plan in my face.

"Oh well these clothes are kinda big on me, I just had nothing else." I said avoiding his harsh stare.

"Now you think I'm stupid? Those are your favorite skinny jeans cause you always said they were 'super skinny jeans', and that shirt was always tight on you. I've known you for years Lisa, you think I can't tell when you've lost weight, or when you're wearing clothes you've loved for years?" He said clenching the steering wheel, and switching from me, to the road.

"So I've lost a pound or two so what? Are you just trying to bring me down? God you can't just let me be happy today!" I said trying to turn it off me, and make him feel guilty. I felt horrible about it, but I didn't want to focus on my weight anymore.

"I'm not trying to brig you down I'm trying to help you. Are you not eating because you have Andrew?" He said knowing that would piss me off.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You think I'm not eating? and because of Andrew?! He actually makes me feel good about myself, why would I go back to making myself feel like shit?" I screamed, as Brandon pulled into the school parking lot.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried Lisa. I don't want you to do what you did in 8th grade again." he said getting chocked up.

"I'm always afraid for you Lisa." He said with a tear trailing down his face.

"I'm sorry Brandon! I didn't mean to upset you, I just want you to believe me." I said hugging
him. I hated myself for it because everything I was saying was a lie. Its true Andrew wasn't the initial reason I stopped eating, but once I developed feelings I continued it. I thought maybe he would like me if I wasn't so fat, which I guess worked.

"It's okay...just promise me you'll tell me if you are? Regardless if i get upset?" He said looking me in the eye.

"I promise." I said, cringing. Another lie. Its not even 7:30, and I managed to lie to my best friend more then ever, I'm on a roll.

"Okay thank you." he said smiling and hugging me.

"I won't be in lunch today, but call me later to tell me how things go with..Andrew." he said faking a smile. I felt bad, but I knew he would be okay.

"I will." I said as we got out of the car. I searched the parking lot for Andrew's car frantically, but I didn't see it, so I walked in with Brandon, and went to my locker. Brandon and I were talking about Halloween, which was only a couple days away.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I took my books out.

"I don't know, probably nothing you?"

"Want to hang out? Like we have for the past like I don't know 5 years!"

"Of course I can't imagine spending my halloween any other way, then sitting in your house watching awful scary movies and eating candy." I said closing my locker, and spotting Andrew. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"I should go..." Brandon said leaving.

"See y-" I went to turn around, and he was half way down the hall way already. Andrew started walking towards me, and I couldn't get over how cute he was.

"Hey beautiful!" He said kissing my forehead, which made me smile.

"Hey handsome." I said blushing.

"You still down to chill today?" He said taking my hand in his.

"Of course-" I went to go speak but were interrupted by the bell.

"Oh shit." We said going to class, we knew our teacher would bug out.

We got to class, and our teacher just gave us a warning, thank god. I couldn't afford detention. It was so hard to concentrate with him there. I caught him staring at me half the time, which would make me stare back at him. We went through the rest of the day, holding hands, it pretty much felt like we were dating. Finally the last period bell, and I met up with Andrew, and he looked like a kid in a candy store. He grabbed me around my shrinking waist, and held me tight, and I wrapped my arms around him.
"You ready?" He asked?

"I just have to go to my locker, I'll be right back."

"No I'll go with you." He said almost like demanding.

"Uhm okay." I said walking with him attached to my hand. I saw Brandon by my locker, who
was getting ready to leave.

"Hey!" I screamed to him, and I felt Andrew squeeze my hand.

"Hi" Brandon said slightly waving at me.

"Whats up?"

"Going to work." He said looking down.

"Oh have fun! Talk you later?" I said giving him a hug, and I felt him lighten up.

"Sure...bye Andrew." Brandon said walking past the both of us, but Andrew didn't really respond.

"He said goodbye?"I said looking at him.

"Oh shit Really?! I kind of zoned out! Tell him I'm sorry when you talk to him later." He said
looking back to see if he was still there, but Brandon darted out.

"It okay it happens." I said smiling.

"So... have you thought about...us.... at all?" He said getting closer to me.

"Actually I did." I said smiling.

"And...?"

"I wanna be your girlfriend Andrew." I said smiling even more, and trying to control my excitement.

"YES!" He screamed, and picked me up. He kissed my lips again, and every time he kissed me it was better, and better.

"I'm...so...happy..." He said in between kisses. I grabbed his face, and looked him in the eye.

"Calm down killer!" I said laughing.

"I can't. To be honest I've had other girlfriends before, but I honestly have a good connection with you like I've never had before. I could say I love you-"

"No stop there. We've been together for all of a minute. You don't love me. Love comes with time." I said backing up.

"I understand. How bout when you feel it you can say it?" He said reaching for my hands again.

"Okay that's fair." I said accepting his hands.

"Come on lets go." he said closing my locker, and holding my hand as we walked to his car. I had never had a happier moment in my entire life. I couldn't believe it! A guy I liked actually liked me back, and almost loved me? What a great day, its a great start to a great relationship...

[Brandon's P.O.V.]

After I left Lisa's locker I sat in my car for a few minutes crying. I hated myself for letting her get away from me. I loved her more then anything in my life, and I let her slip into his arms. I'm so stupid. I just hope she keeps her promise and we stay friends. The only reason I told her to date Andrew, was because I didn't want her to hate me for holding her back. It wouldn't be fair to her. I will get over her, eventually right? Maybe? Possibly?...Who am I kidding... never.