Ballad of Mona Lisa

But it's better if you do.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]
*Halloween*

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, mostly because its an awesome day for me and Brandon to hang out, and chill. We usually didn't dress up, just critiqued everyone else's costumes. Andrew and I had only been together for a week, but so far things were going great. We hung out as much as possible, which was nice because it was usually at his house with no parents. He always knew how to make me feel better, which was weird because sometimes Brandon couldn't even do that.

I was waiting after school to meet up with Brandon, by my locker, and I saw Andrew. He came over and gave me a kiss.
"Hey baby what are you doing tonight?" He asked holding my hand.

"Hey, and I'm going to Brandon's house. It's kind of our tradition." I said chuckling, but Andrew looked pissed.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"Can't you hang another time. I really want to see you today." He said kissing my lips then wrapping his arms around me.

"No baby I-" I tried saying but got distracted when Andrew started kissing my neck, and resting his hands on my hips. I suddenly got the chills all over, and put my hands on his neck.

"Can't you...see...him..tomorrow?" He said in between kissing me. I was really enjoying this, but then I saw Brandon looking upset. I pushed Andrew away.

"Listen babe I'd love to hang out with you, but I promised him I would hang with him today...what about tomorrow?" I said in a whisper.

"Fine...you'll text me though right?" He said looking me dead in the eyes with pure intensity.

"Of course I will!"

"Okay...I guess you should go. He looks like he's waiting."

"Okay bye baby text me when you're home."

"Okay." He said kissing me intensely.

I started walking to Brandon who was smiling. It would be nice to hang with him, because I haven't in such a long time.
"Everything okay?" He asked when I was close to him.

"Yeah everything's fine. Ready?" I said walking out the door. I looked back at Andrew, and blew him a kiss, and he smiled.

We walked out to Brandon's car, which was weird because I hadn't done that in a while. As soon as I stepped into the car my phone started vibrating. I checked and saw it was Andrew.
I put it back in my pants because I know Brandon gets annoyed when I text when I'm with him. Brandon and I were talking like the best friends I knew we were not the distant ones who never spoke. It was like we weren't at a rough spot in our friendship, and it wasn't awkward knowing he had feelings for me. We went into his house, and got our favorite foods, cookies, chips, cup cakes, oh and soda. I was doing so well with losing weight today would just kill it, but one day wont hurt..

We went up into Brandon's room, and popped in the classic "Halloween" movie. I sat down next to him on the bed.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Brandon asked me hanging me a bag of my favorite chips ever.
What was I going to do? Say no and blow up my secret, again? No this time I would eat, but I had a solution for after..

"Of course! These are my favorite." I said reaching my hand into the salty bag, and grabbing a chip. I hadn't had one of these in such a long time, I almost forgot the way it felt have that salty taste crunch beneath my teeth. So I kept eating them, with each one hating myself a little more. By the time the movie was over I didn't even realize I had eaten two thirds of the bag...

"Wow I ate a lot." Brandon said rubbing his stomach like a pregnant person.

"I did too..." I said focusing on the Tv. Then I felt my phone vibrate again. It was Andrew again, except I didn't feel my phone and there was actually 6 different text messages from Andrew through the hour of the movie. They all said 'hey' or 'hey?' or 'hey...'
Brandon got a glance over my shoulder, and saw the texts.
"Wow he texted you a lot"

"Yeah I know." I said replying quickly.

"You don't think that's weird at all?"

"No why would it be."

"I dont know. I feel like that's very clingy behavior."

"No I understand he probably isn't used to me texting him all day like I usually do."

"Lisa don't rush into anything. You guys just started dating what a week ago? You don't need to rush into things right now."

"I know. He said I love you to me the other day, and I told him to stop because he didn't love me."

"Wow...that's really weird Lisa. I would watch this kid he seems really, attached already." He said gathering up some garbage on the bed and throwing it out. I got up to help him and looked in the mirror and felt as if my stomach was getting bigger, and bigger by the second. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and told Brandon I'd be right back.

I ran down the hall to the bathroom. Before I shut the door I checked to make sure no one was in the adjacent rooms, and both were empty. I ran into the bathroom and opened the toilet seat. I didn't know how to go about it. I had never done it before, so I tried to stand up and gather my thoughts. I stood up in front of the mirror, and lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach. Although I could see my ribs, and my hip bones, I could still see a little belly. Then I grabbed the fatty areas on my thighs, and under arms. Fuck it I had to get rid of if before It hit those places. I kneeled back down in front of the toilet, and stuck my finger down my throat. I started gaging, but nothing was happening, so I went down further. Which caused me to puke. I started crying, and did it again. I felt the burning in the back of my throat getting worse, and it becoming harder, and harder to puke. Probably because there was so little food in my stomach. I kept going until it was just clear. I flushed the toilet, and washed my hands. I looked in the mirror, and I actually did feel better now. I wasn't going to make this a habit though because I hated throwing up. I'll save it for when I want to eat a lot of good food.

I left the bathroom, and wandered back down the hall. I saw Brandon, and he looked really upset. Oh gosh what if he heard me. I can't believe I just did something he hates right down the hall from his room! I'm a horrible friend. I have to find out if it's about me. If he heard me just deny, deny,oh and deny.
"Something wrong?" I asked

"Yeah." he said standing. Shit he said yeah that's not good.

"I got called in for a double at work tomorrow." He continued. I let out a silent breath of fresh air.

"Oh that sucks, but remember the money's the important part."

"Yeah you aren't kidding, but it'll be worth it when I get a new car!" He said pulling out a picture of the beautiful black truck he wants.

"I only need a 1000 more, which is kind of a lot, but I should have it by the summer!"

"That's great! I can't wait till you can drive your best friend around in it!" I said hitting his arm lightly.

"Of course." He said laughing.

"Oh shit you gotta get home!" He said looking at his watch which some how read 10! Where did the time go?

"Oh shit is right! We gotta go." He said grabbing his keys, and we ran down stairs. I saw Brandon's little brother Ryan, and waved.

"Where are you going?" He asked with his little 5 year old attitude.

"I gotta drive Lisa home tell mom I'll be right back." he continued.

"Mom went to work you have to watch me." He said stomping his foot.

"Shit." Brandon whispered under his breath.

"Can't you come with us?" He asked nicely.

"NO! I want to go to bed!" He said stomping his little foot again.

"Really Ryan you-"

"Don't stress it Brandon I can walk It ain't far."

"No I can take you if Ryan lets-"

"Dont worry Brandon I'm good. I'm already late I can be home sooner."

"Okay fine. Text me as soon as you get home please?" He looked at me sincerely.

"Of course." I said hugging him and walking out the house. I started walking down the block, and I heard a car start up, and I kept walking fast. Then a car pulled up next to me, and I panicked but looked and it was Andrew?

"Hey pretty lady! Need a ride?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well you didn't answer my texts so I got worried, and wanted to check on you. Thank god I did, so you don't have to walk home alone."

"Oh I don't mind it I was home alone all the time."

"Babe please I'm here. It's on the way home."

"Okay fine, thanks baby." I said getting into his car.

"So what'd you guys do?"

"Watched movies and hung out."

"Nothing happened though right?" He said getting really tense.

"No? Brandon's my best friend we would never do stuff like that together." I said taking his hand, which helped him release a little.

"Okay I just feel like he has a thing for you."

"No! We're like brother and sister! He just cares about me in a family sense."

"Promise?"

"Swear! he doesn't have feelings for me." I said lying through my teeth because I knew how Brandon felt about me.

"Okay I believe you." He said as we pulled up to my house.

"Thanks again baby Ill see you tomorrow." I said kissing him goodnight.

"Night baby." he said as I left the car.

"Damn!" I heard him say behind me.

"What?"

"You got a nice big ass." He said raising his eyebrow to me as if he was admiring my ass.

"Oh..." I said looking down at my huge ass. I guess throwing up and not eating aren't doing it, because he said the worst word ever: BIG.

"It's not a bad thing I like big asses on girls." He said winking at me.

"Oh, well I should go my mom's probably worried." I said walking away and slightly crying. I heard his engine start up, and he left.

I went into the house, and ran up stairs to the bathroom. I started throwing up, again, and it was the same as before: nothing. I just kept shoving my finger in my throat as if it was a magic button to make you skinny. I got up, and looked at myself in the mirror again. I thought I was actually getting skinny, but I guess not if i have any "big" features on me. The only good thing I guess is he said he liked it, but I know I don't like it.