Cover Girl

Dallas

Dallas. My Dallas. My best friend Dallas.

“So..." I said still shocked she was in front of me.

"How have you been?" she asked first.

I smiled.

"I have been good, and you?"

Her smiled lowered ever so slightly, no one could have noticed if I wasn’t staring so intently at her. She looked back down again and I see her shift her weight from foot to foot.

“I’ve been good,” she admitted.

She’s lying.

“So um-“ my phone ringing cut me off.

I shot her an apologetic smile before grabbing it and answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey man, we wanted to get together and practice some songs, you down?” I sighed at James and shut my eyes.

“Yeah man sure,” I answered and frowned.

“Okay meet us at mine,”

“Okay bye,”

“Bye,” we hung up and I looked up at Dallas who was looking at me.

She blushed and looked down. That was so weird; Dallas was never one for blushing. Yet here she was looking nervous and embarrassed around me. I guess time changes people.

“Um, I’m sorry but I have to go,” I apologized and she cocked a brow at me.

“Um, that’s fine…?”

“C- d-,” I stuttered looking for the right words. “Can we meet up sometime?” I finally asked and she gave a small smile before nodding.

“Sure um, do you want my number?” I smiled wide and nodded before giving her my phone.

“Here,” she smiled and I smiled.

“Um, geez I haven’t seen you in years,” she chuckled at me.

“I know,”

“I got to go but,” I paused and hopped over the counter before giving her a bone crushing hug.

We stayed like that for a few minutes and we pulled away laughing.

“I’ll see you later I guess,” I hopped back over and left.

I wanted to stay and talk to her more but I’ll have to wait. I wanted to make sure she didn’t disappear again like last time. I made the journey back to my apartment for my car because James place was too far to walk.

The whole way my mind was plagued by thoughts of Dallas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took long.

Comment & Subscribe!
-Neche Narcissist