Cover Girl

Lies

I smiled at Kendall as he began talking, "I have been good, and you?"

My smile slightly faltered, I prayed he didn’t notice. I tried to hide it by tilting my head towards the ground. I began to shift my weight, a nervous habit I gained.

“I’ve been good.” I lied.

Well technically, it wasn’t a lie. I have been good, just not all good. There were some days where I was actually happy however, most days I was barely content. I broke out of my thoughts when he spoke again. He wasn’t able to finish because his phone interrupted. I continued to stare as he talked; his features were just breath taking. He caught me staring at him, which caused the heat to rise to my face.

“Um, I’m sorry but I have to go.” He stated.

I nodded, “Um, that’s fine.”

Before he left without another word, I stopped him and gave him my number. It would be amazing if the two of us could hang out like we used to. There was never a boring day when Kendall was around. When he jumped over the counter, I wasn’t shocked. I just hugged him back and took in everything about him that I possibly could. His smell, it was like axe body spray mixed with a little bit of him. His touch, it was soft, yet masculine. I could feel callouses on his fingertips from playing guitar.

He pulled away and the two of us began laughing. He said his goodbye and hopped back over the counter .I just stood there and watched as my best friend walked out. We hadn’t seen each other in years and he just left. My smile faded, but then again, what should I expect? He was famous; obviously he wouldn’t have time for me. I sighed and placed my phone by the register, hoping that he would text soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh, my updates aren't good. Well, comment and subscribe.

<3, Nina