Status: Please comment, I'll upload the next chapter asap if you do xDD

A Melody, a memory, or Just One Picture...

Call my Aunt Marie

James stretched as he woke up. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Leana standing in the doorway. James sat up and asked, “What time is it? Did I sleep in?”
Leana smiled and answered, “It's 2 o'clock. I phoned your Mother and friends and organised them all to come over for the weekend. You need to tell people James, this isn't the sort of thing you can keep a secret...”
James interrupted, “I know Leana, but do you know how it feels to see everyone crying because something you said? And I can't help it, I can't do anything to stop it,” James started to cry softly and Leana walked over to comfort him.
“James,” She whispered. “This was inevitable. Don't blame yourself for your family being upset, you need to stay strong to try and fight this. If you become weak the cancer is going to take over your body. I'm here for you, and I will do anything to help you.”
“Me too,” Jimmy smiled from the hallway, entering the room.
James wiped his tears and apologised to his son, “I didn't know you were around still,”
“You don't need to apologise for crying Dad,” Jimmy sat next to his Father and crossed his legs.
James broke a smile to Jimmy and turned to Leana, “Did you phone my sister as well?”
“Oh..” Leana Sighed. “I completely forgot, I'm sorry. Jimmy, will you go and phone your Aunt Marie to come round this weekend please?”
Jimmy nodded and left the room. James watched him leave and whispered to Leana, “I can't even tell my own son that everything will be okay, because I don't even know,” His tears burned in his eyes but stayed in their place.
Leana sympathetically rubbed his back and sniffed. She could only imagine what he's going through at the moment. He's not only trying to deal with the pain but he's trying to stay strong for his family. Leana hoped he would get better, but if it was the same type of cancer her Father-in-law, she knew that it would take a miracle to try to stop it.

James felt nervous Saturday morning, as if he was going to get shouted at for being ill. He started to feel ill at the thought of his Mother losing another person who she loved. He jumped when someone loudly knocked the door. He heard Jimmy answer it and the voice of his Mother and friends. He stood up to greet them, but fell back down again. The pain came back, only this time it was close to agony. James closed his eyes tightly and tried to deal with the pain.
“I think he's in here,” Jimmy assumed.
James watched the entrance of the room and saw his Mother walk through. “James!” She cried out loud, walking slowly over to him. “It's been so long, give your Mom a hug!”
James attempted to stand up again, but this time he couldn't find the strength in his legs to stand. He smiled bravely at his Mother who sat down next to him and he gave her a hug.
“JAMES!” Brian shouted as he walked into the living room.
James waved at him and greeted the rest of his friends who took seats on the sofas'. Leana came in with a hot drink for everyone.
“Has Marie not turned up yet?” James Mother. Barbara asked.
“No,” Jimmy answered. “Not yet, Gran.”
“Oh...”
“Right,” James started. “I wanted everyone here today because...” He swallowed and noticed everyone was staring intently at him. “I have some bad news to share...”
He was interrupted by a knock on the door. Jimmy jumped up and answered the door.
James felt a hot rush come to his head. Hot liquid started to run down his nose. He sniffed and wiped his nose with the back of his hand. Barbara turned and saw a deep red drip on the cream sofa.
“James?” She whispered.
He desperately wiped his nose again, hoping the blood would stop, but it continued to pour out fast and thick.
Brian noticed the blood, “Shit!” He emphasised and ran to the bathroom.
After that, everyone noticed James was bleeding. He flushed a light pink colour as everyone was giving his sympathy, he found the situation embarrassing enough.
Marie and Jimmy came back. When he noticed the blood, Jimmy cupped his skinny hands over his mouth, “Dad! Are you okay?”
James nodded and tried to stop the blood flowing by holding the top of his nose.
Brian came back with handfuls of tissue and gave it to James, “Here you are, mate,” He took a seat next to James and put his arm around him.
James' nose eventually stopped bleeding and Brian helped clean him up.
Leana came back in with another hot drink for Marie, “What's happened!?”
“I had a nose bleed,” James looked down at the sofa which was stained.
“What's this bad news?” Brian asked gently.
James looked into Brian's dark brown eyes and then at everybody else. “I have been diagnosed with cancer.”
The room suddenly went quiet. James looked back at Brian. His eyes had changed, they were now scared.
“Please say this is your idea of a sick joke,” Matt questioned.
James shook his head and cleared his throat, “No, this is true.”
Barbara stoked James' hair, “We knew this day would come, didn't we?”
James nodded.
“What?” Leana asked. “James, What does she mean?”
“Cancer is generic in the males in my family,” He closed his eyes. “Some of us get it worse then...”
“You're only telling me this now?” Leana's shout turned into a cry. “What about Jimmy! Does that mean he's going to have it as well?!”
James looked at his son who stared at the floor with tear filled eyes. Leana shook her head and left the room.
“No,” Brian stuttered. “This can't be true. Surely you would have told me sooner?”
“I didn't want to worry everyone about nothing,”
“This is not nothing James!” Matt shouted. “You're dying and we can't do anything to help!”
“Daddy's dying” Kaylee asked.
James didn't realise Kaylee was there. She started to cry loudly as Jimmy picked her up and hugged her tightly, giving her comfort. She held her teddy bear over Jimmy's shoulder and cried harder. She didn't really understand much of it, she just understood that her Father wouldn't be there any more.
“And you ask why I didn't tell any of you?” James started to cry. “Watching you all break down in front of me, I couldn't think of anything worse.”
“Do you not understand?” Brian asked. “How else are we supposed to act? We love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.
It'll mean a lot to me if you let me know what you think of the story so far :)