Crash

Chapter 3

Crash: Chapter 3

“So repeat to me again what Josh said.” Cassie said throwing my favorite stuffed animal up and down in the air as she lay on my bed, way too comfortable. I ran a hand through my bangs again before I repeated the statement for the umpteenth time. “Franceschi said Matt wouldn’t shut up about me.”

Cassie hummed in response, her eyebrows scrunching up in concentration. “Well, is that a good thing or a bad thing?” She muttered and rolled onto her stomach to face me. I was sitting on one of my many pillows at the head of my bed. I shrugged in response, pulling up my argyle patterned knee high socks.

With a mischievous grin she threw the stuffed animal at me, whacking me in the face with it. “Let’s go find out shall we? Well, I’ll go and ask him and report back to you. I’ll be back when I get back. While you’re waiting do your homework. So I can copy it!” Cassie yelled, her voice sounding as if it were from downstairs at the last sentence.

I snorted; it’s become a usual thing now that I’ve been dating Matt. I don’t mind, I need a little more laughter in my life. As usual, it took me maybe half an hour to finish all of my homework and Cassie still hadn’t come up. She was probably watchin the guys practice. She tends to do that a lot, now as well.

Just as I was about to get the hell off of my bed and fetch Cassie I heard her stomping up the stairs. Her head popped up in my doorway. Cassie grinned at me, displaying two rows of perfect teeth.

“Well Josh was right. Matt wouldn’t shut up about you. It’s kinda cute actually. I had to wait fifteen minutes for him to talk to me about you. Josh was super cross though. Any idea as to why he would be so pissed?” Cassie asked, finally stopping her ramble, and climbed up on my bed. She shoved all my books and coursework on the floor. Everyone’s been doing that lately. I shrugged in response to her question.

“I guess Franceschi’s just sick of seeing my face and hearing about me. But he has to realize that this is my house he’s practicin in, and he should at least try to respect me.” Cassie nodded sympathetically and tackled me in a hug. “I gotta go love. Family dinner, you know my mum gets cross with me whenever I don’t go. See you later, love!” She bounded out of my room, probably already late for the damned family dinner.

The noise faded from the basement, and I predicted that the boys were done practicing. I heard them say their farewells one by one, except for Franceschi and Matt. “I’ll be back down.” I heard Matt mumble. He must’ve been Franceschi’s ride back. Though I wouldn’t know why, Franceschi lives exactly two blocks away.

His head popped into my room before he walked in. Matt raised an eyebrow at my coursework that was thrown rudely on the floor. I grinned back at him. I’m pretty sure there was an embarrassed blush on my face. Great. “I’m leavin.” He muttered and pecked my lips softly, lying on top of me. Does everyone just choose to lay on me or my bed without asking or is it just me?

I giggled and pecked him back. “I know.” I whispered, nuzzling my nose against his. Pressing his lips against mine Matt pulls me closer. We remained like this for a couple of minutes, every so often pulling apart and taking a much need breath.

We would have gotten a little farther if someone hadn’t interrupted us. Franceschi cleared his throat; neither of us knew how long he’d been at my doorframe. “Now, if you two are done swapping spit. Can we leave?” Franceschi was staring at me with a specifically cold glare. I would’ve felt threatened if it wasn’t him.

Shooting me an apologetic glance Matt reluctantly got up, straightened his clothes and pecks me one last time before he drove Josh to his house.

Abby's outfit
Cassie's outfit