Status: The sequel should be up soon. Thanks for reading this :)

Too Much of Anything

Now make a change

You've been on the phone for ages, Alex. Hang up and talk to me!" There it was, Jack's whining voice resonating through the walls from where he was moping in the kitchen, waiting expectantly for me.

I shook my head, trying to catch on to what Vinny was saying to me without freaking out too much. I was already shaking from the thought of it, and I couldn't deal with that and Jack at the same time.

"Wait a second, this is important!" I yelled back, putting my hand over the phone so that Vinny couldn't hear our conversation, "If you be a quiet boy for just one second then I will reward you, okay?"

There was silence in our apartment, it was safe to say that it didn't feel natural at all. Maybe the first weeks after Zack left were tough for the both of us, but things began to change, began to go back to the way they were when we were teenagers in high school. And now I'm sure I have never been happier.

When I was sure that I had convinced Jack to leave me be I put the phone back to my ear, hearing Vinny continue about the future prospects of my career.

I really couldn't contain my excitement, I had an overwhelming feeling of wanting to jump up and down until my knees collapsed from underneath me. I wanted to scream and announce to the whole world that I had finally made it. I was going somewhere with my life, for once, and Jack was here with me, all the way.

"Gosh, this is so ridiculous. What happens now?" I asked, not noticing the door of the room opening and closing a tad. Nor did I hear the footsteps, gentle (albeit clumsy) in the background.

What I did notice, however, was two hands wrapping themselves around my waist, pulling me closer to a body that I knew all too well. I rolled my eyes, trying to get the words out and failing when Jack starting kissing down my neck, little butterfly kisses that left my stomach in knots.

I know Vinny was saying something to me, but there was no way I could concentrate now. I tried my best to push him away but Jack's grip only became tighter. His hand ran across my arm until it covered the hand that was holding the phone and just like that he snatched it from my grip.

"I'm very sorry but Alex is busy right now and can't come to the phone because he has sexually frustrated his boyfriend for the last time. I'm very sorry," and with that crude announcement, he switched off the phone, throwing it to the opposite side of the room.

For a second, I just stood there, eyelashes fluttering as he pulled me onto his lap. It was like my mind couldn't comprehend what had just happened, and it would have to take me the next minute for it to finally sink into my head. When it did, my reaction was expected.

"Hey!" I punched Jack on the arm, pulling away to sit next to him on the bed as I crossed my arms with disapproval. "That was important."

Jack pouted at this comment. "More important than spending time with me?"

I was stumped at this point, I had no clue how to respond to this. Most of all, I desperately wanted to tell him about what I had been told over the phone because I knew Jack would be happy for me too.

But I had to realize that this would also change a few things.

If I agreed to do this then things would change for me and Jack again. How was I supposed to deal with that fact on my own?

I shook the thought from my head, leaning forward as I placed a gentle kiss on the lips as he smiled into it. The kiss translating to: you're the most important.

I had to make a choice, between what I've always wanted and Jack.

But Jack has always been what I wanted most, over the last five years he was the only thing I could think about.

I pulled away from the kiss, the words I wanted to say on the tip of my tongue, urging to be said. I could see my struggle for words reflected in his eyes. I did not want him to worry about me any more.

"It's possible that I may be," I paused, trying to find the most appropriate way to say it, "Going away for a while."

He frowned at me, confused and out of the loop. "What do you mean?" I could tell that he thought these words held a different meaning. Going away for Jack possibly meant never coming back, and that is not what I intended to say at all.

I stood up, walking away from the bed as I glanced around the room, trying to find the letter that had been emailed to me today. I found it eventually, and handed it over to Jack, watching his expression carefully as it changed as he read on.
______________________________________________________
Mr Alexander Gaskarth,

One of our representatives may have possibly talked to you briefly at your independent gig in Baltimore last month. He was impressed with your talent and has shown a video of one of your songs from the performance.

Henceforth, I am writing to you to give you the opportunity of signing on to our record company. You could continue to stay independent, or join us. You will have more opportunities for gigs all around the US and elsewhere. The choice is yours.

If you are interested in our proposal, please contact the address given to you below.

Yours sincerely,

______________________________________________________

He stopped reading at that point, his eyes wide and shocked staring up at my own. I didn't know what to say, and it seemed like he didn't know what to say either.

Frankly, the situation had become difficult to handle and I was beginning to panic because of the fact that he wasn't saying anything now. A shaky breath escaped his lips as he stood up slowly, his arms reaching out for me and wrapping me into a tight hug.

"God, Alex. This is...this is fantastic. I'm so happy for you!" he exclaimed, kissing me on the cheek and never letting go.

I smiled back, "Really?"

His grip seemed to weaken as he frowned at me. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

I shook my head, grinning from head to toe as I enveloped him in another hug, his hands shaking as he held onto me, fingers gripping onto my shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
GOSH. THIS IS THE END (of the prequel)
I will have the sequel up soon (ish). I'm hoping to start it this week or next week because I'm off college. But it really depends. So yeah, subscribe to the sequel and I hope the first chapter will be written for you all soon.
Thanks to all who have commented/subscribed/recommended this story. It's you guys that have made me want to continue it. I love you!