Anything for Us

It's hard to love when I've been stuck in hell.

A few days passed since the party. Word got round pretty quick that I’d slept with someone and although Dakota hadn’t said anything, I knew he knew. He was clinging to me pretty much all the time, if nothing else. I hadn’t seen Neil since the party, not in school at all, but on the fourth day after I spotted him in the corridor. Dakota just happened to be with me. As I walked closer, he noticed me and smiled shyly.

“Hey Neil,” I smiled back, nodding at him.

“H-Hey Angel,” he stammered, his cheeks blushing.

Bless him. I carried on walking past, only turning my head once to look back. I snickered as I noticed that a few people had crowded around him, asking whispered yet obvious questions. But all I heard was a huff from Dakota.

“Got a problem, Kota?” I asked innocently.

“Yeah, I’ve got a fucking problem,” Dakota retorted.

“Ooh, cursing before midday? It must be one hell of a problem,” I smirked.

“Fuck you, Angel. Just…fuck you,” Dakota spat.

Woah. That was uncalled for. Without hesitating, I pushed Dakota into the nearest classroom, shutting the door behind us. Oh good, it’s empty. I don’t want an audience for this.

“Sit down,” I said.

“You can’t tell me what to do,” Dakota said sharply.

“I said sit down,” I repeated, getting a little angry.

He can flaunt people that he’s fucked, but I can’t? Not happening. Dakota scowled at me but sat on top of the nearest desk. That’ll have to do.

“Are you gonna tell me what’s got your panties in a bunch?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Why the fuck are you still talking to him?” Dakota blurted.

“Who, Neil?” I frowned.

“No, Morgan Freeman,” Dakota said sarcastically.

I scowled too. Seriously, what’s his problem?

“I was just being polite. The kid was a virgin, Kota, I didn’t want his first experience with sex to be a bad one,” I explained simply.

“A virgin? Oh that just makes this all better!” Dakota spat.

“Calm your shit down. What is wrong with you? You’re the one that broke our deal to get a crappy make-out and fondle with that freckled speedo freak, so what if I had some fun of my own,” I retorted.

Yes, I found out that the guy Dakota got with at the party was on the swim team. The fucking swim team. Excuse me if I’m a little upset.

“Mark was charming,” Dakota muttered.

“Charming enough to break a promise to your best friend? Pathetic,” I snarled.

Hurt flashed across Dakota’s face, but I don’t care. I’m too angry to give a shit right now – he’s such a fucking hypocrite.

“It was one lousy make-out,” Dakota defended.

“You can’t even keep your word to me! You claim to like me but then when I give you an opportunity to do the right thing, you blow it for someone that isn’t half as good as I am!” I said angrily.

Calm down, Angel. Calm down.

“You know how I get when I’m drunk,” Dakota retorted.

Fuck calming down. I gritted my teeth and shook my head. Is that really his excuse?

“If that’s all you can say to redeem yourself then why the fuck are you getting jealous of Neil? At least he didn’t flake out on me. At least he proved that he wanted me,” I sneered.

Dakota’s eyes pricked with tears, and I had to look away. This isn’t how I pictured today going, not at all. Why the fuck did Dakota have to freak out?

“A-Are you going to sleep with him again?” Dakota asked softly.

“It’s not really any of your business, is it Kota?” I said coldly.

“Yes it is! I’m your best friend!” Dakota exasperated.

“A best friend who can’t keep a promise for half an hour and then tries to pick a fight with me afterwards about an innocent kid? Hmm,” I retorted mockingly.

Dakota’s breath hitched in his throat.

“B-But…”

“Save it. I’m out,” I muttered, interrupting.

Dakota’s bottom lip trembled but I just turned and left the classroom. I have to get out of here. I just can’t be around Dakota right now. I don’t want to get any angrier at him and if I stay I know I’ll blow up at him and I don’t want that. This wasn’t what me sleeping with Neil was all about, it really wasn’t.

“Angel, where are you going?”

Zach.

“Home. Make sure Dakota doesn’t follow me,” I muttered.

“What’s going on?” Zach frowned.

I ignored him and walked out the front doors.

*

After catching the bus home, it only took 2 hours for the front door to open. I wasn’t expecting Scott though.

“So…are you going to tell me why I lied to your school about taking you to the dentist and covering your ass for ditching?” he asked, sitting next to me on the sofa.

Ouch.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I muttered.

“A little gratitude would be nice,” Scott mused.

I gritted my teeth. I shouldn’t take this out on Scott.

“Sorry. Why did the school call you?” I asked.

“Well, they tried your dad first but I know for a fact that he’s knee deep in an intense editorial all day, so he won’t answer his phone. Your dad put me down as a second contact at the beginning of your school year. I said that I totally forgot to call up and say about your emergency appointment for a cracked tooth. I’m not going to tell your dad because I know you wouldn’t just ditch without a reason, especially since you clearly came straight here. You owe me,”

I sighed but nodded.

“Alright, what do you want? Another car wash? Dishes for a month? A weekend out of the house so you and dad can get your freak on?” I asked wearily.

Scott blushed lightly but shook his head.

“As nice as those things would be, I think an explanation would do the trick,” Scott shrugged.

I chewed my bottom lip, but nodded. I guess I do owe him for saving my ass. I guess I’ll just have to be blunt.

“Fine. Um, when I went to that party at the weekend, Dakota and I made a deal. We always kiss before a party as tradition, but I said that if he didn’t make-out with anyone else at the party that we could make-out right then. I pushed this deal to include that if he didn’t sleep with anyone else then we could nakedly make-out in my bed when we got home. If he broke either of the clauses then the whole deal was off. He agreed and I believed him, so we made out. Half an hour later, I saw him making out with and groping another guy. I was pissed off and upset, but Zach said I should just sleep with someone else so I did. A virgin boy, Neil, and I pretty much spent the night with him in one of the upstairs bedrooms. He wanted to know as much as possible about sex and I felt like teaching him. Today was the first time I saw Neil since the party. I said hi and he replied hi. Dakota immediately jumped down my throat about it and we argued. We argued to the point where I just had to leave because I knew that I’d do or say something I’d regret. And here I am,”

Scott took a few seconds to process what I said before sighing.

“Apart from the fact that you and Dakota have a seriously messed up friendship, I think you did the right thing in leaving,”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, seriously. I’ve figured out your temper, I’ve seen you and your dad argue to the point of no return and then not talk to each other for weeks. I know you don’t want that with Dakota,”

“No, I don’t,”

“Good. Take the rest of the day to cool down and then get him alone to talk calmly tomorrow,” Scott advised.

I just nodded, running my hand through my hair. How did today spiral down so fast?

“Thanks. Just…don’t tell my dad?”

“I won’t if you don’t skip again. I think this situation called for it, but I won’t lie to him again,”

“Thanks. Um, I’ll go to my room or something,”

“Aren’t the Giants playing today?”

“Yeah…and?”

“Want to watch the game?” Scott smiled.

“You want to watch football with me,” I said deadpan.

“Well your dad sure as hell doesn’t like Sports so I might as well have someone to talk about them and watch them with,” Scott shrugged, still smiling.

He’s right, dad wouldn’t know a bootleg play from a hot box.

“Okay, sure,” I nodded.

“Great. You can get me a beer while I find the channel,” Scott grinned.

My smile dropped slightly but I got up anyway. I guess I do owe him a little more.

*

At quarter to midnight, I got a text – a fucking long text – from Dakota.

I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been angry at you about that kid. It’s not like I’ve not encouraged you to get out there and have some fun, right? I guess I was just jealous that he had you and I haven’t. Maybe if I hadn’t been an idiot and broke our deal then Neil would still be a virgin and I could’ve been the one with your dick in my ass. Please don’t be mad at me. Are you still mad at me? I’m sorry. Please don’t leave like that again. I hated it. D xx

Huh. Crude but still Dakota. And as apologetic as I was going to get from him. I’d bet good money that Dakota’s been writing and rewriting that text all night. Fuck. I bet he’s been a complete mess. With a sigh I typed my reply.

No, you shouldn’t have been angry. You flaunt your fucks around me all the time and the one time I do? Not fair. I want to be mad at you. I probably will be tomorrow but I won’t stay that way. Just…think next time, yeah? I’ll see you tomorrow. A xx

I got a reply seconds later.

I love you, you know. D xx

With a sad smile I turned my phone off. If only he could prove that in person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so y’all know, this is the last of Neil.
He really was just a one night stand!
I don't think Angel will stay mad at Dakota, do you?
The next one is, uh, fun ;)

Go check out/subscribe to/comment on my new story with Artistic Difference!

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last update! Please keep it up =]

LoosePages;
Violet Venom
echo_laughing
call me by your name
miss.sobriety
Lazz
space is for stars.
BeautifullyTattooed
JessicStar
Sucks For You
Artistic Difference
maxx danziger
KaylaChaos;
appley92

xo