Anything for Us

You took a knife to the thick of the problem.

Everything’s been such a fucking mess in the last 24 hours. I can’t straighten any of my thoughts out. I can’t clear my head. I can’t focus on anything. I can’t focus on anything apart from the fact that Dakota’s trying to be someone he’s not.

I know it sounds stupid, but I fell in love with the confident, fun-loving, happy-go-lucky boy I’ve known all my life, not the nervous, unsure, hesitantly-kissing boy I saw yesterday. I know all I’ve talked about is how I wouldn’t be with Dakota until he changed his ways, but this change is far too dramatic.

I liked it when he stopped sleeping around. That was all the change I needed. I didn’t want him to change his personality, to change who he is. Not for me. Never for me. I need to figure out what to do.

That’s why I disappeared for so long last night. All I did was walk around, thinking out various scenarios, going to mine and Dakota’s favourite places, just trying to figure out what to do. I needed some space, y’know? And with Dakota living at my house and Rocco always around reading our twin bond or whatever he calls it, I wouldn’t have been able to clear my head.

Not that my walk did much good. All it did really was put me in a worse mood than before, which was probably why I snapped so badly at my brother. Sure, I feel bad about that. But he’s part of the fucking reason why Dakota started changing in the first place. Without Rocco’s input Dakota would never have figured out the finer details. I just…I’m at a loss right now. All I want is my Dakota back. I just don’t know how to get him back.

And it’s affecting everything around me, including the Championship game.

“Lewis! Collins! What the hell was that? Where was the goddamn play? Get your heads in the game, boys! Wake up!”

Coach yelling at us. Again. Just what I need.

“What the fuck is up with you, man?” Zach hissed at me as he jogged past.

I just sighed, intercepting the ball from the opposing team and throwing it straight to our shooting guard, Emmerson. I need to sort my head out. Fast.

We managed to score 6 more points before the half time buzzer sounded, but we’re still losing the game. Yeah, the Huskies are losing, and it’s mostly my fault.

Everything fucking sucks right now.

My team realised well enough to steer clear of me while we had our drinks and pep talk, even Zach staying away as we sat down in the locker room to get back in the zone.

What I didn’t expect was for Dakota to appear next to me.

“What are you doing in here? You’re meant to be cheering out there!” I grumbled.

“Yasmin won’t let me because I keep messing up,” Dakota shrugged.

Sounds just like me. Great.

“I’ve gotta go, okay? We’re playing badly enough as it is,” I sighed, starting to stand up.

“No, Angel, wait! Please! Just let me talk,”

I pressed my lips together but sat back down again. I can spare a minute or two.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry I screwed up everything yesterday. I don’t know how I fucking did it but clearly I messed you up and I’m really sorry. Please, don’t let this affect your game tonight!”

“Did Zach or Coach send you back here to pep talk me?” I asked dryly.

“Neither!” Dakota protested, “I came because I care!”

“Yeah, well, my head’s a little messed up right now so I really don’t need this,” I muttered.

Again, I started to stand up, but this time Dakota grabbed my shoulders to hold me in place, and immediately swung his legs over my lap to straddle my waist. Woah.

“No, Dakota, I…”

“Shut up. Just shut up,” Dakota interrupted.

I didn’t have time to protest before he crushed his lips to mine, kissing me fiercely, his fingers threading through my hair, tugging gently as his tongue slid through my lips, tangling with my own tongue. I couldn’t help but moan, clutching at his waist as I kissed back just as fiercely. Oh fuck, this is what I wanted, this is the Dakota I know and love. Fuck.

All too soon, Dakota broke the kiss, resting his forehead against mine, breathing heavily.

“Don’t you dare fuck up, Angel. Do you hear me? Go out and thrash those Tigers, and when the game’s over we’ll talk, okay?” Dakota ordered.

Confident. Just how I love him.

“Yeah, okay,” I nodded, smiling.

Dakota grinned back at me, pressing a hard, fast kiss to my lips before skipping out of the locker room. I just sat there, slightly stunned. What the fuck just happened?

“Lewis, let’s go!” Coach yelled.

I grinned and high-fived Zach as I reached him, earning a grin back. It was time to win us a Championship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully y'all can understand a little more about what's going on through Angel's head.
I still can't promise it's going to be an easy road from here on out though!

Also, I'm going on holiday for two weeks starting tomorrow, so the next update will take a little time too! Sorry!

Please let me know your feedback!
xo