Anything for Us

Had you shown me love.

“I can’t believe it’s 6am! We were out so long!” Dakota giggled, walking beside me up to my house.

“Mm but we were making up for lost time,” I grinned.

Dakota blushed as I brought his hand up to my lips and pressed a gentle kiss to the knuckles, only making me smile more. Tonight (well, this morning) has been incredible. More than incredible. It’s been perfect. Dakota’s been perfect.

“I can’t believe you’re finally mine,” Dakota said happily.

I just grinned, leaning down to kiss him, but just as our lips touched, my front door swung open. Dad?

“Where the fuck have you been?!” he hissed.

Wow. My dad never swears – he must be really pissed.

“I’ve been out,” I said simply.

“Don’t smart mouth me, Angel. It’s 6 in the fucking morning – this is not acceptable!”

“Well I won’t do it again,” I shrugged.

“You’re not getting away with this that easily, I…”

“Angel! Dakota!”

I looked to the right and grinned at the sight of Rocco running down the stairs.

“Did it work? Did the plan work?” Rocco asked excitedly.

I just linked my hand with Dakota’s as an answer.

“SCOTT! THE PLAN WORKED!”

Scott was in on it too? Actually, that doesn’t surprise me.

“No way!”

Cue Scott running down the stairs too, beaming just like Rocco was. And now my dad looked even more pissed.

“Would someone tell me what the fuck is going on?” he asked angrily, shutting the front door.

“Angel and Dakota have been pining for each other for years, especially recently, and things were going really downhill so Dakota made a plan and got me, Scott, Joaquin and Hendrix to help make sure it worked,” Rocco rambled.

Huh. It does make sense that they were all involved.

“What?!” my dad spluttered.

“Don’t ask me, I was clueless too,” I shrugged.

“But now everything’s sunshine, lollipops and rainbows and they’re together!” Scott grinned.

“Like together together?” my dad asked.

I smiled down at Dakota, who smiled back up at me. “Yeah, together together,” I nodded.

Scott squealed and Rocco whooped, but my dad seemed to snap back into his anger.

“As nice as this is, really I am happy for you two, you can keep disappearing like this Angel. This is the second time recently and you’re stressing me out too much. So I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to ground you,” my dad said firmly.

“What?!” I growled.

He’s never grounded me! Hell, he’s never done anything remotely reprimanding! Why now? Why now when I’m finally happy?

“For a month. And Dakota isn’t allowed to come over,” my dad added.

Oh fuck no.

“Richard, that’s a little harsh,” Scott winced.

See? Even Scott’s on my side!

“You’re already too involved with this,” dad snapped, glaring at his partner.

Scott winced and looked away, biting his bottom lip, which only served to make Rocco growl and Dakota gasp. No, no I’m not going to let anyone else take the blame for this. Scott, Rocco and Dakota don’t deserve that.

“Alright, fine. But don’t expect me to be happy about it. And don’t expect me to let Dakota drive home now – he’s exhausted,” I spat.

My dad looked at the way Dakota was hanging onto my arm, head tucked into my chest, eyes drooping, and he nodded.

“Dakota, you can stay tonight. But first thing in the morning, you have to leave,” my dad warned.

Dakota just nodded. Wow, I guess he really is as tired as I thought.

“Come on, Kota, let’s go to bed,” I said softly, looking away from my dad.

If my dad’s going to be an ass, then I won’t be spending any more time with him than necessary. Sure, all the drama and disappearing I’ve done recently has probably induced a few patches of premature grey hair, but that’s still no excuse for him to be such a dick.

I helped Dakota undress down to his boxers when we were finally in my room, stripping down too, and guided him under my duvet before hugging him tightly to my chest.

“I’m sorry you got in trouble because of me,” Dakota murmured.

“Don’t be, you’re worth it. And I just want you to know that this changes nothing. I still love you. I still want to be with you. And as soon as my grounding is over, you’ll be sick of the sight of me,” I promised.

“That’s not possible,” Dakota giggled sleepily.

“Sleep, baby. I love you,” I said softly.

“Love you too,” Dakota mumbled.

I smiled and pecked his forehead in a kiss as he drifted off to sleep. I know we can get through this. One month won’t change anything, will it? Not after everything we’ve been through. No, our love is strong enough and tonight alone has proved that. Everything is going to be great from now on, I can just tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
So they have a minor setback, but that won't be a problem, will it?
The next one's a little fluffy, just so you know :)

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep leaving your feedback, I love it!

xo