Anything for Us

And that's all I'll ever know about myself.

Junior Prom night. It’s finally here. All the stressing, drama and angst has led to this moment at the end of the school year. I can only hope after everything that Dakota and I have been through this year that tonight goes well, a reward for the both of us. We damn well deserve it, after all.

I haven’t seen Dakota all day for any longer than five minutes; he kissed me quickly goodbye this morning before he left for a Spa Day with Yasmin, we made out briefly when he got back from the Spa before Yasmin dragged him away to get ready, and he ran past me to open my front door when Rocco’s date arrived to get ready with him and Yasmin.

Yeah, everyone’s getting ready at mine and Rocco’s house. Zach, Rocco and I are getting ready in Rocco’s room while Yasmin, Dakota and Rocco’s date Alicia get ready in my room. Yeah, Rocco actually asked someone to the Prom, surprising all of us. Apparently he’s not actually as much of an ass when he’s channelling his artistic side, so this Alicia girl actually likes him. She’s a tall skinny girl with wild wavy brown hair and a dusting of freckles on her nose, with wire-framed glasses and a penchant for knitted sweaters. I’ve only seen her in passing so I don’t even know her that well, but if Rocco can grow the balls to ask her out then she must be something special.

It’s nearly time to go – the limo will be here in half an hour – and our parents are all waiting downstairs to take photos of us before we leave. I hope to hell that Dakota likes my black tux, white shirt and grey bowtie now as much as he liked it when we picked it up from my dad’s photoshoot. I want tonight to be perfect for him, I really do.

‘Face down, ass up, that’s the way we like to fuck…’

“Dude, is that your ringtone?” Zach snickered, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I blushed slightly, mentally cursing Dakota as I grabbed my phone. He thinks it’s hilarious to change my ringtone when I’m not looking, to incredibly embarrassing songs.

“Hey, Kota, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, I just wanted to see if you liked your new ringtone,” Dakota said cheerfully.

See? Told you.

“Mm, loved it. Zach and Rocco loved it too,” I said dryly.

Zach and Rocco burst into laughter. Dakota just giggled.

“We’re pretty much ready now, how about you?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah, Yasmin’s just finishing the very last bit of Alicia’s make-up. We won’t be any longer than 10 minutes,” Dakota said.

“What’s she like?” I asked, curious.

“Alicia? She’s really nice. Quiet, very quiet, but sweet. For some reason she thinks Rocco is a big artistic softie and that he has a very tender soul, but I told her that’s just what he wants her to think so he can get into her pants,”

“Kota! You said that?!” I hissed.

“Of course. But she just said that he’s welcome in her pants at any time, and then flashed me a dazzling smile. She’s got fire this one, I’m telling you. Art nerds aren’t as dorky as they used to be,” Dakota giggled.

Huh. Maybe she is good for Rocco after all.

“Ooh, Yasmin’s beckoning me over. I’ll see you in a few minutes, okay?” Dakota said.

“Yeah, see you,” I smiled.

I was still smiling as I ended the call, not bothering to hide it. I can’t wait to see Dakota. He’s going to look amazing.

“You two are done whispering sweet nothing’s then?” Rocco asked with a sneer.

“Actually we were talking about your tender artistic soul and how the hell Alicia thinks you’re actually a decent human being with a functioning moral and emotional scale,” I smirked.

Rocco blushed lightly, scowling as Zach and I laughed.

“They’re nearly ready. We should head downstairs,” I announced, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

*

I was right. Dakota did look amazing. A fitted black tux has never looked so good, I’ll tell you that. After a long stream of photos from all our parents, including crying from Alicia’s mom and Scott (he’s a sap, don’t ask), we headed out into the stretched Hummer limo and took a cruise towards our school, eagerly accepting the champagne the company had provided us with. Alicia was a little unsure to begin with, but after a glass or two she relaxed slightly, making Rocco beam. He really does like her. Wow.

When we got to school, we all piled out, joining the queue to sign our names in and hand over our tickets, with Dakota and I at the back of our group.

“I never did say thank you, y’know,” Dakota suddenly said.

“Thank you for what?” I frowned.

“For giving me the chance to be a better person,” Dakota murmured, smiling shyly.

I couldn’t help but smile in return. He really is too adorable sometimes.

“I couldn’t let you go, Kota. And I’m glad I didn’t. You deserve every happiness and I’m honoured I get to be the person to give you that happiness,” I said softly.

Dakota swallowed heavily, looking down briefly as tears stung at his eyes, so I squeezed his hand gently.

“You always will deserve better than me but I’m never going to let you go. I love you so much,” Dakota whispered fiercely.

“And I love you,” I murmured in reply.

I brought his hand up to my lips, kissing it gently before winking at him. Bring on the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left!
And it's the rest of Prom night :)

Please let me know what you think of this story before I finish it!

xo