Status: close

Buried By True Love

I Do!

The day before, to celebrate my last night as a free woman, we stayed home and had my bachelorette party while the guys took Jacob out. The Bachelorette party was exciting because we had ordered pizza and started dancing and stuff when we were invaded by the bachelor party. Wow that’s always a fun time. We eventually ended up dancing with the guys and after a while I fell asleep on Jacob and we slept soundly through the night.
When we woke up it was light outside.
“Jacob, wake up sweetie, were getting married today,” I said excitedly. I ran to wake everybody up to get ready for a wedding. I was so excited that I had to be calmed down or else I would start hyperventilating.
When it actually came to time to get ready I was nervous about but I was happy I would be marrying the love of my life.
All the girls in the wedding were in my dressing room now and we were getting dressed when my mom ran in to do our hair.
“Alright girls it’s time to do your hair so let’s start with Lexis and finish with Halley,” she said and pulled me to a chair. She did my hair in a vampire style and I did my makeup while she did everybody else’s hair.
She had a makeup stylist come in and do everybody else’s makeup then it was time to start.
“Just wait for my cue to go okay Lexis,” Halley was saying as everybody was going down the aisle slowly. Halley went down the aisle slowly too but she was trying to hurry so everybody could see me.
“Are you ready sweetheart?” my dad asked as we linked arms.
“Yes, I’m ready,” I said, “let’s go.”
I walked with my dad through the door to the aisle. I was aware that everybody was watching me but I wasn’t paying attention to them. All I could see was Jacob, standing perfectly still waiting for me. His eyes never left my face, not for one second. All I could see was him. All he could see was me.
As I walked down the aisle slowly I could feel him getting closer to me and I was anxious to get to him. As I got closer I could see his smile widening as he took in my dress and flowers, witch by the way were black roses. He took in my form and the way I walked down the aisle linking arms with my dad and smiling. I loved him and I was going to spend the rest of my life with him if I was only 14. It was like a tradition in my family to get married at a young age.
Finally I got to him and my dad kissed my hand and gave it to Jacob. I handed Halley my flowers and we stood to face the minister.
“Today we have gathered in this place of natural beauty to be joyful, in celebration of the relationship of Jacob Reese Serrano and Alexis Renee High. By their commitment to marry each other, they are saying yes to love, yes to caring, yes to the family. May the spirit of God–which is in the blue sky, in the wind, and in the fresh smells of the Earth–enter your bodies, fill your hearts, and bless your lives. Have you come here in the midst of these natural surroundings to affirm your commitment to each other?” the minister said.
“We have,” we said together.
“Please share your vows with each other,” he said.
“I promise to live with you, to encourage and celebrate your growth and fulfillment through all the changes of our lives, and to be your faithful husband. May respect for ourselves, for each other and for the earth continue to be the cornerstone of our lives together.” He said.
“I promise to live with you, to encourage and celebrate your growth and fulfillment through all the changes of our lives, and to be your faithful wife. May respect for ourselves, for each other and for the earth continue to be the cornerstone of our lives together.” I said.
“What do you give to each other as a symbol of this pledge?” the minister asked patiently.
“I give you this ring, and I welcome you into my life as the companion of my days,” he said placing the ring on my finger after taking it from his cousin who was the ring bearer.
I said the same thing and placed the ring that I took from the ring bearer as well, on his finger smiling.
“These two people have been drawn together by their love for each other. May they practice self-discipline and patience throughout their marriage, for these are essential to lasting love. May they continue to trust each other, for trust is the foundation on which all love is built. Since Jacob and Alexis have pledged their love and commitment to each other before these witnesses, I declare that they are husband and wife.”
“You may kiss the bride,” he declared as Jacob leaned in and kissed me passionately, not pulling away for what seemed like a long time.
We walked down the aisle together holding hands as we passed everybody cheering, and, following the bridesmaids out of the church, we headed back to Halley’s house where her parents agreed to hold the reception.