Status: close

Buried By True Love

Beach

When we got to the beach, there were a lot of people there so we found a spot where we could see the ocean and still stay far enough away so that we didn’t get wet. After a while we went into the water and messed around a little bit. He threw me into the water and made me have to swim back to him and splash him with water.
We went back up to our blanket and had lunch. I wanted to get a tan so I asked Jacob to put sun tan lotion on my back. He did and I laid on my stomach and he unstrapped my bikini top so that I would get an even tan, then he sat down next to me just saying that he loved me and that he was glad he found me. He was rubbing my back so I just listened to him talk. I loved hearing his voice, it was like music in my ears.
“Babe, can I ask you a question?” I asked after a while. I had turned over and clipped my top again. I was lying on my back looking at the beautiful blue sky. “I just want to ask a question about you.”
“Sure, what is it?” he said watching me. I turned to look at him and saw that his eyes were even bluer than I have ever seen.
“What do you love about me? I’m not just talking about how cute I am. But what is it that made you ask me to marry you?” I asked wondering what he was thinking as I asked him this.
“Well, I asked you to marry me because you are the person I want spend the rest of our lives with. I love you for your looks, your talent, and your persuasiveness. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are the love of my life and I want you to be with me for the rest of your life. I love you, I love you, I love you. I love with all my heart and I want you to remember that,” he said smiling as he watched me with loving eyes.
“Awwwww, Jake, that is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard,” I said and kissed him so hard that he fell over onto the blanket and pulled me on top of him. I laughed and said that I needed to finish getting my tan.
I got off of him and laid back on my stomach. He unhooked my top again an rubbed my back enough to make me feel good to be with him. He was the most important thing to me. He meant more to me than I meant to myself. He was the most important thing in the world, and I loved him for more than everything I already said I loved him for.
“Babe, it’s getting dark and Izzy is here. I don’t know why but he is and he’s coming toward us,” Jake whispered in my ear, breaking my train of thought.
I jumped up and hooked my top again, then I grabbed my towel and we finished packing up our stuff. We were headed to the car when we ran into him. He was with his best friend. I recognized his friend because when we were going out we were always hanging out.
“Oh, hey Lexis, how are you?” Izzy asked as if he didn’t know I was here.
“How could you not know I was here? Weren’t you told that me and Jacob got married last week? Hey Rye. Izzy last time I saw you, you tries to give me a necklace and I didn’t take it. Didn’t you get that I never want to see you again? Didn’t you get that when I rejected your gift?” I said as Jake was trying to pull me away from him so that I didn’t break his nose.
“No, I seriously didn’t know you were here. Why are you yelling at me?” he sounded almost hurt that I’d told him that I never wanted to see him again. “Rye saw you here and thought we could just say hi and go. Relax.”
“Uhg, you are such a bad liar. I know you knew I was here so you decided you were going to try and ruin my honeymoon!” I yelled and walked away pulling Jacob along with me.