Blood Will Have Blood

One Step Closer

Sunlight.

If this was heaven, I'm filing a complaint. No light that bright should-

The hissing pain escaping my lips made me scoot to the nearest dark space I could find. I cried out in pain, grasping my hand. I was so hungry, it hurt. I could barely remember the night before, and for some reason I have a newfound allergic reaction to the sun. I brought my knees up to my face and glared at my window.

There had to be a way to close that curtain. Without burning myself to death, that is.

The sun wasn't fully up, so there was a space on the side of the apartment to close the thing. I slowly inched my way to the blinds and snapped them shut. I never thought there would be a time I liked the sunlight, but hey-

First time for everything.

Last night must've been a fucker, I thought clutching my head. I was imagining a man thinking in my head.

Ah, Syn. I thought you said she was intelligent.

There was another one. What did I do? Take drugs?

I heard laughter in my head. God, she's worse than Johnny. I love it.

That did it.

"Stop punishing me!" I screamed to the heavens. I was losing my mind. That had to be it.

"Oh honey, He can't hear you," smirked a man behind me. Sitting on top of the dining room table, a man with aviator shades was smirking at me. He looked at home in my trashed apartment except for one thing.

He had fangs.

I whipped around to find a smoking man with snakebites chuckling. God, they looked so familiar...but I didn't care. I needed to get out of here.

So did Stace, I thought, horror gripping my body.

I pushed past the smoker and ran to her room. I screamed, "Stacia! We need to-"

Looking at her body, it all came hurtling back.

"Drink," he whispered softly, lifting me up towards his freezing skin. I weakly shook my head and he growled. "Natalia," he gruffly said, leaning down so I was nearly suffocating. At this point it was to drink or to suffocate. "Drink." I obliged, soon after blacking out."

Oh my God. I opened my mouth to scream, but my mouth was muffled and I was pushed to the wall.

Oh great, I'm going to get raped.

"You're destined for better things," the same creature looked at me, holding me still. His eyes were chocolate, reminding me of a time long ago. "There's nothing to be helped now."

I glared at the murderer. This and last night was too much to handle. I can deal with robbers and even the occasional gang member. But a guy who thinks he's a vampire? This is a bit much.

He bared his teeth in anger, making me want to burrow myself into the wall. He must've seen my fear, because soon he was back to normal. He even let my mouth go. But the hunger was consuming my stomach and making my whole body ache. I took a sharp intake of breath.

What the hell? I ate Mickey D's not even three hours ago. Why am I so hungry?

"The thirst," he whispered. "We have to get you food soon."

"Yeah," I whispered back scathingly. "A double quarter pounder and some fries will be great and some sweet and sour sauce too."

Laughter erupted from the doorway. I glanced at the two men, scowling.

"Syn, please tell her before I do," the shaded one said cracking up. "This is too funny!"

"Sweet and sour sauce," the one with snakebites said, wiping imaginary tears from his eyes. "Classic."

Okay, why is it so "classic" that I want a burger and fries? They're my freaking captors at this point-they need to feed me food! I am hungry!

Oh darling, you don't want that. Unless it’s dripping with blood.

I started gagging at the thought and the one they called Syn glared at them both.

"She's new at this. Give her a break!" he roared.

Whoa. And I kneed him in the gut? I was so stupid...

"New at what?" I shrieked. Both men smirked at each other while Syn looked livid. "What?"

I looked into the eyes of my friend's killers and they all said at the same time-

"You're a vampire."

"Liars." I spat immediately. "If that's the case, then why am I not [I ignored the burning pain churning in my stomach] yearning for blood?"

"You don't know what it tastes like," the aviator-wearing bastard informed me as if I was an idiot.

"I would need fangs. Real ones like you mother-"

Snarling, all of their eyes turned red and I felt Syn hold me to the point of breaking. I grinned meekly, remembering last night.

"Sorry," I squeaked out. "But, I don't have fangs..."

"We killed your friend," Snakebites said with a grin.

"We also trashed your house," smirked Aviators. They both looked at Syn who sighed and reminded me of the fact that they attacked me. I angrily pushed Syn back to the guys and snarled. A sharp pain grew in my gums as I felt two teeth protruding outwards.

I didn't have to look in a mirror to know what happened.

They were right.

As I sank to the floor, all I could think of was-

Fuck me, I was a bloody vampire.