Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 34

Rip sighed at the laptop screen as he once again researched The Company's background. It was three weeks since they'd teamed up with Pheonix and they had hit a wall. Nothing new was emerging and they seemed to have viewed everything the internet had to offer about The Company. They had arranged an undercover trip to The Company headquarters in two days with Jux and Pheonix. It had been Pheonix's idea and that had made Rip suspicious. He never trusted Pheonix and he certainly didn't trust him now. But he couldn't deny that checking out The Company's building would greatly help their efforts.
Fed up with the internet and with nothing to do while Sei was sleeping next door, he decided to slip outside for a walk.

The night air was cool and refreshing on his face. As his thoughts wandered, his feet brought him to Pheonix's house. Curious, he snuck around the back and climbed the garage wall, hoisting himself onto the roof. He crawled onto the slates of the house and peeked in through the skylight of Pheonix's room. Old habits die hard. He was intrigued to find that Pheonix wasn't there at all. He moved to the edge of the roof and lowered himself so he hung off the ledge. He pushed in the landing window with his feet, which the family always carelessly left open, and swung himself inside gently. He listened for disturbance but there was none. Aodh and his wife were breathing gently in their sleep and the rest of the house was still. Pheonix must be out. Quietly, he made his way to Pheonix's room. He began to search, careful not to leave any evidence of his presence. He found sports trophies, dirty laundry, and video games. He tried in the closet and turned his nose up when he found a dirty magazine. He'd never pegged Pheonix as one of those guys.
Just as he was about to abandon his search he stumbled across a strange note. It was scribbled in curvy letters and was hard to read.

To Do:
-Green guy
-Chloe (the asian chick)
-Donna (the one with a nice pair)

By next Fri.
-Meet Mr. P @ 4, Thurs near church.
*ask for her.


Rip's head swam. He hated these nonsensical notes. He had a feeling this one was especially bad.
* * *

On Monday morning the boys woke early. They needed to get to The Company headquarters before Kinly got home to avoid any extra trouble.
They set off in the car and made it to town quickly. When they got to The Company Pheonix and Jux were already waiting. The plan was that Jux was their teacher and they were studying to become social workers, so they were to have a look around The Company to learn about the "wonderful" work it does. Jux had even worn a suit and put a wash-out brown dye in his hair. Sei snorted at the sight.
They made their way inside together and Pheonix spoke to the receptionist. She had lank brown hair and her face showed depression.
Pheonix told her the cover story and asked for a tour of the building. The harrowed lady complied and one hour later they trudged into the last room miserably. It had been beyond pointless. Sei's feet were heavy from walking and Jux kept whining irritably. They had been led through every room they could gain access to and endured lengthy lectures on the history and success of The Company. Pheonix had been the only one who seemed unaffected by it.

The truth was, he was relieved everything had gone accordingly. He had gotten Minnie, the secretary, to steer them around The Company without any issues arising. He couldn't have the boys snooping into The Company successfully. Mr. P had made the repercussions of that situation quite clear. They didn't know The Company's secrets and Pheonix planned on keeping it that way. Hell even he didn't know The Company's secrets. Pheonix made a note to ask Mr. P at their next meeting.
"Ready to leave?" Sei asked, pulling Pheonix from his thoughts.
"More than ready." he sighed, feigning exhaustion for the benefit of the others. Smiling acutely, he paced out the front door, the daytime sun hitting his face with a warm glow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has it really been three weeks? Life has been really crappy to me lately, and I've also been immensely busy. So not only did I have no time to update, I had no motivation. And in turn I neglected this story and my readers and lovely subscribers. Sorry, I hope I haven't lost you guys. :(
Anyway I know this isn't too great but its more of a bridge chapter than anything... It leads into the next set of events. And to make up for my unannounced hiatus and for the not so great quality of this chapter, I'm going to write 35 now and post it tonight, and I'll try my best without killing myself to post 36 aswell to make it up to you guys.
And I'll try to post a special extra long update on Saturday because I'll have access to a laptop and won't have the restriction on characters that I have on my phone.
Thank you. And if you're reading this, you are pretty much freaking amazing.
Now i'm gonna go write my butt off for the next two to three hours and kick this story into action. <3<3