Power Rangers Turbo: The Next Generation

Chapter 3

As Tommy was about to return to his classroom someone called out to him and he froze. He'd never thought he would hear that voice again. His heart accelerated ad he turned around and saw her, smiling at him.

It was Kimberly Heart.

He walked up to her and gave her the biggest hug he's ever given a person. "It's been a long time" he told her

"It has" she replied with a big smile on her face.

AJ was still hiding and listening to their conversation she thought to herself "How the hell do they know each other?" she came back to reality when she heard them laughing.

"So how's it been?" she asked while smiling at him.

"Good, so do you work here too?" he asked

"Oh, no I'm here for a teacher conference with my daughter" while pointing at the door next to them.

"Your daughter goes here?" he asked "What's her name?"

Before she could answer AJ…..deciding that that was her Q to go…. walked in and said to her mom "Okay I'm ready to go." And then look at Tommy and said "Oh, Hi Mr. Oliver."

"Wait a sec, Amber's your daughter? He asked Kimberly nodded "No wonder, she looks a lot similar to you" he told her. "Yeah everyone tells us that" said AJ smiling. When Tommy saw the other teachers around the corner he opened the conference door and he let them go inside.

1 Hour Later…

After the conference ended all of the teachers except for Tommy left. When AJ walked out she noticed her mom wasn't with her, she was still inside the room talking with Mr. Oliver. "Hmm, I wonder what their talking about" she thought to herself "Eves dropping isn't gonna hurt" So she put her ear on the door and started listening " I was wondering if you would wanna go to dinner with me?" said Tommy "You know, to catch up" he said trying to make it less awkward then it already was.

After a minute of silence "Okay, I'll go to dinner with you but, answer me one question" "Yeah anything" responded Tommy

"Who was that man you were talking with down the hall?" even though she might already know the answer she needed to know for sure. "Is he a…"

"Yes" he said in a whisper

So many questions where running through AJ's head "What? What does he mean by Yes, what is he?"

Tommy looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was getting late so he told Kimberly "Listen we can talk about this and all you other questions at dinner. It's getting late and Amber is probably wondering where you are."

"Yeah, Okay" she replied as she grabbed her purse from the chair and both adults walked to the door. They both stopped when they heard a thump outside and the door and someone saying "Shit"

When Tommy opened the door he saw AJ standing there panting and trying to catch her breath. Trying to take away the awkwardness and pretending that she wasn't listening in on their conversation she faced her mom and said "Mom! I've been looking everywhere for "

Kim said "We were just talking about something and lost track of time"

"Oh Okay" said her daughter

Kim looked at her watch and saw that it was already 4:15 and looked up at Tommy and said "We have to get going, I have to get back to work. But tomorrow night I'm free. So we can go to dinner.

"Tomorrow's good. I'll pick you up at eight" he said Kimberly could hear the excitement in his voice which made her smile. "It's a date"

Kimberly's Car

When they left the school Kimberly decided to leave AJ at home and then head back to work. So AJ decided that know that they were alone she could talk to her mom about what happened in the school.

"Soooo, mom. How do you know Mr. Oliver?" she asked

"Well, we know each other from High School. We were really good friends" explained Kimberly

"Really good friends as in High School Sweet Hearts?" Said in a high pitch voice "Or just really good friends?"

She said "No, we were just really good friends" "Even if I did want to be more than friends" she thought to herself.

"So that means he knows my friends parents too?"

Smiling Kimberly replied "Yeah, we all were best friends when we were in High School. I mean we still are best friends you know Billy, Jason, Zack, Aisha and I. But back then in High School, it was like one the best times of our lives. And know that Tommy is here it's like a puzzle that got back together." She smiled as memories started to play in her head "Like I remember the time when there was this food fight in our cafeteria, oh and Bulk Skull. God those two were something alright."

"How's Bulk and Skull?" asked AJ with a bright smile on her face thinking that her mom must have been really happy in High School"

She looked at AJ and then straight ahead and said "They were these two bozos that thought they could do anything. They always hitid on me and when we did something they thought they could to it better. Like this one time Jason he was demonstrating to his class how to do a karate trick and Bulk tried to do it and he ended up on the floor" by the end of her story she started to laugh and she said "I wonder what they're right about now"

Kimberly kept telling AJ stories about her and her friends till she slipped out and said "Oh and I remember all the fights we had with Rita and her monst-"she stopped before she said anything else.

AJ wanted to know who was this Rita person was and what she was gonna finish say but, from AJ's view her mom looked like she didn't want to didn't want to get into that subject just yet . So she decided not to pry. From right there the drive home was all silence, only the sound of the radio playing "Secrets" by One Republic.