You Are the Only Exception

Keep Your Feet on the Ground When Your Head’s in the Clouds

Matt pushed passed me. He seemed pretty pissed but at this moment, I really couldn’t care. I had my glass in my hand and nothing was going to change my mood. Mixi grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

“Do you know how fucked up this situation you are in is right now?” Mixi asked me. I just giggled and she sighed and walked away. I was going to regret that later.

I walked (well stumbled more like it) over to the living room and plopped down on the couch. Matt just looked straight ahead and Mixi was staring at me. Andy looked like he was trying not to giggle, or throw up. My thought was answered when Andy got up and ran to the bathroom; Matt turned and stared at me.

“Why?” Matt asked me. I shrugged me shoulders.
“I figured if my mom does it, why the hell can’t I do it?” I slurred. Matt made Mixi move over and he sat next to me, taking my hand.
“You don’t do it because it will fuck up your life. Look at your mom, she is a wreck and desperately needs help.” I just looked at my hands. The alcohol made me more emotional. “You are starting to need help.”
“Get out.” I said standing up. Matt just looked at me. “Get out!”
They both instantly got up and walked to the door.
“I hope you like a fucked up life!” Matt said as he slammed the door.

I sat on the couch and curled into a ball. Andy finally came out of the bathroom, wiped his mouth, and sat down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I started to cry.

~~~

I woke up to a door slamming. I couldn’t tell if it was upstairs or downstairs but I knew that my head hurt though. I looked around and saw that there was a blanket on me and that Andy was nowhere in sight. I got up and felt the spitting head ache that was staring to show itself. As I started getting up Andy came in and handed me a glass of water and pills.

“Thank you,” I said to him.
“You’re welcome. Your mom just came home and she’s pretty pissed that I was over here. I just told her that you weren’t feeling good and you didn’t want to bug her at work, so you called me.” Andy said.
“Oh. You didn’t have to cover for me, I would have just been grounded longer but at this moment, I really don’t care.”

“I want you to be ungrounded so we can hang out more.”
“You really want to hang out with me?” I asked him.
“Of course. I haven’t known you for very long but you are an amazing person. Granted you smoke and drink, but I do it too so it doesn’t matter. Mixi told me that you write songs and I’m pretty sure you’re fucking amazing at it just by what she has told me.” Andy said. I sniffled. “Are you okay?”
“Yea, I think I made a mistake… Last night? I don’t even know what day it is.” I put my head in my hands and sighed. Andy came over and stared rubbing my back.
“It’s the next day. You’re mom slept at a friend’s house. My parents are fine with me not going to school today.” I sighed again.

“I need to apologize to Matt and Mixi. I overreacted yesterday.”
“Well, they get out in about two hours do you want to call them when school is out?” Andy asked.
“I think you should call them. They might not answer if I do.” Andy nodded his head and got up.

“Just lay back down, I’ll make something to eat.”
“You don’t have to do that.” I said getting up but Andy just pushed me back down and shook his head, smiling.
“Just do it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Meep. New Chappy c: Haha
Thank you for reading and stuff c: