Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Deenor.

"Where are you off to?" I asked Brian who was slipping on his black coat and grabbing his keys.
"Bar. Drink, drank, drunk, Fuck." He explained slipping on a pair of his shoes, and putting on a fedora.
"At two in the afternoon?" I asked.
He nodded, and looked up at me. He looked as if he were thinking about something really hard for a short while, before he turned back to the door.
"Don't expect me to come home tonight." He mumbled. I squinted my eye's at him. He's never the one to go drinking alone..
"Are you okay?" I asked, feeling as though there was something wrong with him.
He didn't answer, he just checked his pockets quickly before turning the door knob.
"Is this about last night?" I asked.
Brian froze in his place. I felt relieved. I was planning on talking to him about his little break down, and the dancing. I had a whole speech planned.
Brian turned around to look at me, and checking all around us to, as if he was looking for someone else.
"Look Harmony, as far as thing's go, nothing happened between us last night. I didn't dance with you, I didn't want you, and I sure as hell didn't cry to you last night about how much I was worried about you." Brian growled at me.
I stepped back from him, my heart feeling a bit broken when he said everything. Was I really that horrible of a person?
"Brian, What's gotten into you?" I asked. He sighed with frustration.
"You, Harmony. You've gotten to me. I'm fucking sick of this right now okay? All you're caring, all your niceness to me and everyone in the house. I just don't want you to fucking give a shit about me anymore, Okay?" His brown eyes blazed right into mine. He didn't mean it, I know he didn't. This wasn't the Brian I knew. This is the confused Brian.
"Brian, you're being stupid right now. Can you just chill out for a few seconds and let me explain?" I asked, ending it with a nervous laugh.
Brian threw his arms up in the air, and did a full circle.
"Just stop it!" He almost shouted. "I'm perfectly fine! It's you who's being stupid. Did you really think i'd sit down with you, talk about feelings, and get on with our lives?"
I stood there completely taken back by his words.
"Yeah, I thought so. This is why you're being the stupid one."
Then Brian turned his back to me, and walked out of the house, slamming the door on his way.
"What was that all about?" I heard Johnny ask from upstairs.
I spun around to look at him. I shook my head, and left a few tears escape my eyes.
"Was he yelling at you?" Johnny asked, rushing down the stairs. "After what happened to you last night?"
I shrugged when he took me into my arms. "I don't know what just happened." I said quietly.
Johnny sighed, "Do you wanna go out with Jimmy and I today? The girls we met at the club last night are really cool. It'll be good for you anyways. You need to get out of this house."
It wasn't often that Johnny made a good point, but when he did, It was a really good one. So I nodded my head and told him I'd be up stairs in twenty minuets.

"Oh look! It's Jimmy!" Johnny's new friend, Anvera exclaimed running over to Jimmy who was walking over to the three of us with the girl he met last night.
"Oh look! It's Anvera!" Jimmy laughed.
Anvera jumped onto Jimmy's back and began using him like a horse.
I laughed at her. It was strange just how easily she connected with Johnny and Jimmy. Hell, it was weird how Johnny connected with Anvera.
Jimmy, Anvera, and Jimmy's girl joined Johnny and I. Johnny and I got out of our eating booth and welcomed Jimmy and the girl.
"Hi, I'm Harmony" I said smiling to her, just like I did to Anvera.
"Hi Harmony, I'm Danny." She smiled at me. "Jimmy's already told me a lot about you."
"Good things I hope." She laughed with me.
"Oh all sorts of things."
We all sat down in the round booth. Me beside Johnny, Anvera on Johnny's other side, Jimmy on her side, with Danny beside Jimmy.
"Knowing Jimmy he probably told you all the bad things." I rolled my eyes and looked at him.
"Hey! Not true! I told her that you go to school!" Jimmy argued.
"Oh one thing. My bad, I was totally mistaken." Danny laughed.
"Totally mistaken." Jimmy repeated nodding his head.
"What are you taking?"Anvera asked getting closer to Johnny.
"Photography and Physics." I replied, picking up my menu looking for something to eat.
"Oh Physics?" Danny asked, seeming to take an interest.
"Yeah," I smiled. "It's pretty hard. Harder then I though actually." I sighed.
"Do you have Mr. Martin?" She asked.
I looked up at her "Uhm.. Yeah. I do actually."
She smiled. " That's my dad."
I gawked at her "Oh shit, really?" I asked.
she nodded. "Yeah, how cool right?" She asked sarcastically.
I laughed. " Your father is really smart then." I said.
"Whoa whoa whoa, So.. You're a nerd?" Jimmy asked Danny.
She blushed a bit and nodded. "I don't show it a lot. It's embarrassing, really."
Jimmy smiled at her, and I couldn't help but feel a bit giddy inside. He looked so adorable when he looked at Danny like that. Him and Johnny both seemed to be really into these girls. I don't think I've ever seen them take interest so fast.
"What about you Anvera? Are you in school, or?" I asked.
She simply shook her head. "No, I didn't like high school very much so I figured university wouldn't do me any good." She explained.
"So, what do you do then?" I asked. It's hard to find a good job with out schooling..
"I'm a bartender." She laughed while shrugging. "I have a lot of energy, and so does the bar I work at. We're a perfect mix."
I nodded. " That's actually... Pretty cool. You get paid a lot don't you?"
"Yeah, I get a lot of tips."
"Probably because you're hot." Johnny muttered.
"I am, so.." she smiled at Johnny who smiled back at her.
"God, you two are so cute." I said, smiling at them. "Same with you guys."
"Really? I thought so too." Anvera smile at Johnny. "I mean, not to sound creepy or anything. Even though I am a bit creepy. Creepy is really nice though.. Anyways, I mean, we're both short, and tough. Face it Hun, You're never gonna find someone as short as you are."
Danny and I laughed at Anvera. She was speaking really fast, an moving her hands around a lot. Also, the fact that she made a really good point. Johnny wasn't really gonna find someone as short as he was.
"One day I will be taller. Just you watch." Johnny stated.
"Uh huh. Keep talking." She rolled her eyes.
Johnny stuck his tongue out at her, and she playfully pinched his cheeks.
I watch for a while as the four were flirting, playing, laughing, and talking with each other. My good side felt happy for my boys. Maybe this time they found themselves some keepers.
But the bad side of me that I hardly ever show, was jealous. Angry. Sad. Because I knew deep down inside I would never find someone so fast, who would love me for me, or be so kind to me. I would be alone for a while, watching my friends grow up, fall in love, get married, have children. Everything I wanted, they would probably get before me.
This shouldn't be a bad thing though right? I mean.. I could go out and live a little! Be my own person and not get tied down. I can be a free woman.
Ugh, who am I kidding? I can't do that. Matt has always been with me, so I've never been fully alone. I wouldn't be able to handle the world by myself. I do have to grow up sometime..
I sighed to myself, trying not to let anyone else know, and forced myself out of my own head, and back into reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again it's really short. I'm sorry :( I'm sitting in bed sick, but i happen to love you guys so much, i'm writing the next chapter already.
I really wanna move ahead in this story, but i still think it's to early. What do you guys think?
Uhm, it's not really edited, so..excuse any spelling errors. :D
Oh, I have a lot of readers, but not so many comments :( If there's something interesting you wanna see in this story, don't be afraid to tell me your opinion !
Oh and one more thing! Introducing AbbyHomicide and SynnersPlague as Danny and Anvera !