Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Sushi.

I stood in the bath room, facing myself in the mirror. I forced my mind to replay everything that happened last night. I didn’t regret it. I didn’t regret it one bit, and I never will. I had finally got what I wanted. He told me her loved me. That’s all I needed now.
I replayed the last few moment’s we had together before falling asleep in each other’s arms.
“I love you so much Harmony.” It rang in my ears over and over again, making me feel better about myself each and every time.
I closed my eyes, and let the images from last night stream in my mind. There was no doubt that was the most fun I’ve ever had.
I felt a pair of big muscled arms wrap around my bare waist, and a head lean into my shoulder.
“Morning,” Brian said, his voice coming out smoothly. It was enough to send shivers up my spine, and make my insides melt.
“Morning.” I replied, turning around, still grasped tightly in his arms. Brian lightly kissed my lips, letting them linger there for far too long.
“Let’s go out for lunch.” He stated in the same voice.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, and played with the ends of his hair, before nodding.
“Where to?” I asked, walking out of the bathroom, hand in hand with Bri.
“You pick.” He pushed my around the corner, trapping me against the wall. He brought his lips to mine, planting a kiss that was a bit more forceful, but yet drenched in passion.
“I really can’t stop doing that.” He said, chuckling. I pressed our foreheads together.
“Sushi?” I asked.
Brian squinted his face, and looked up. We always went for sushi together. It was our thing to do. I guess it did get kind of boring though since we’ve gone more than four hundred time.
“Please,” I whispered in his ear seductively, kissing the hallow of his neck.
“Oh alright.” He sighed.
I smiled at him, and grabbed my jean’s off the floor.
“Here,” Brian said throwing me a shirt. I unrolled it, examining it closely.
It was one of his many faded Metallica shirts. This one from The Black Album.
I slipped it on, and smoothed it out, finding it wasn’t too big.
“Small enough shirt?” I asked.
Brian nodded. “Yeah, I grew out of it.” He said, covering up his own chest with a shirt of his own.
“You were never this small.” I stated, combing my fingers through my hair.
Brian laughed. “Okay, so I wanted to make my arms look big. Sorry for being a man.”
I smiled at Brian, and he smiled back. My heart was racing, and I could feel my cheeks warming up.
“You’re so beautiful, you know that?” He asked.
“You’re pretty sexy, you know that?”
Brian smirked at me. “Come on.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door.
“Wait!” he exclaimed as we were just about to leave.
“What?” I asked, knowing my face was confused.
Brian walked around the to the far side of the bed, and picked up the small white bag I saw him with yesterday.
“Okay, let’s go.” He grabbed my hand again, and we left.
“What’s that?” I asked, trying to peek inside.
“Nothing for you, Harm.” He replied, smirking to himself.
“Aw damn. I thought I was special.” I frowned dramatically.
“Only with a capital R.” Brian replied laughing.
I punched him in the arm, causing him to howl out loud.
“At least I’m still in school.” I retorted.
“I was!” Brian argued. “But then Jimmy called and...” he trailed off.
“Look where you are now.” I finished for him.
“I’d much rather be with you, then make that record.” Brian looked at me, a loving look in his eyes. A part of me died inside, in the best way possible.
“But I know you love music like us, and wouldn’t tell me to stop making it. So,”
I laughed at him, and pulled him closer to me.

Brian and I walked around town for a while. We stopped at random stores, looking at everything in them. Sometimes I even made Brian try a few thing’s on. He ended up buying a pair of jean’s that made his butt look really good.
Eventually, after constant bickering, we found a sushi place to eat at.
I ordered some California rolls, along with miso soup, while Brian ate that disgusting raw fish.
“I don’t get how you can eat that.” I said, watching him throw another piece into his mouth.
“I don’t get how you could not.” He replied.
“Brian, it’s raw.” I stated.
“Thanks tips.” He smiled.
I rolled my eyes at him, and began picking at my California roll.
“So, Harm...” He started slowly.
“Yes?” I asked.
“Let’s talk about last night.”
I dropped my chopsticks onto my plate, and leaned back into my chair.
“Really Brian?” I asked. “Why do all guys insist on talking about sex all the time?”
Brian began shaking his head. “No, that’s not what I meant!” He said quickly to put the conversation where he wanted it to go. “I don’t wanna talk about how it was probably the best sex I’ve ever had,” Brian said, a smile creeping to his face. I felt my cheeks warm up. Was it really like that for him?
“I just wanna know... Where we stand.”
I folded my arms over my chest, already knowing exactly where I want to be with him.
“Are we dating, are we together, are we friends with benefits’?”
I shook my head, and looked him in the eyes.
“I know exactly where I want to be with you Brian. I don’t know what you want, and I’m willing to go with whatever it is you want. “I explained.
“I was thinking more of a relationship...” He stated slowly.
I smiled at him. That’s what I was hoping to hear.
“That’s what I was thinking.” I said quietly, feeling for the first time ever around him, shy.
Brian got up from his chair across from mine, and sat down in the one next to me.
“Good.” He kissed me gently, and pulled the small white bag over to him. “I got you something then.”
I laughed. “Oh boy,”
“Don’t worry, its okay.” He laughed with me, knowing where my mind was wandering to.
He pulled a small box, out of the small bag and handed it to me. My heart began thumping harder against my chest. It was a type of jewellery. Something I have never gotten from the boys.
I opened it slowly, and gasped at what was inside.
“Brian I—“
“It’s white gold and rubies. I remembered you saying something about how much you liked them, and then I saw this and thought of you. I know it’s a little cheesy, but I thought it suited you—“
I interrupted Brian by pressing my lips to his.
I pulled away slowly, seeing his eye’s still closed. He looked like he was at peace.
“Thank you.” I said.
Brian shook his head, before opening his eyes. “No, thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, I actually adore them now.
Oh, and to let you all know, raw fish ftw.
Updates are still gonna be random, but I should update tonight. It'll be a bit later though.
Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts ! Let me know how you think everything will end up! That would be awesome to see.