Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

When The Tough Get's Going.

“It’s just...So... Weird.” Zacky said, in awe, staring at Brian and I who were sitting on the living room couch.
“Yeah. I mean... First you’re best friends. Next you’re worst enemies. Now you’re boyfriend girlfriend.” Johnny looked at Brian and mine’s attached hands, and back to examine our faces.
I felt like we were waiting to pass a test. Ever since Matt left on his shopping date with Natalia and Danny, Johnny and Zacky have been questioning us. They were too confused, and in disbelief to understand just exactly what happened. Jimmy on the other hand was enjoying this moment.
He watched as we struggled to answer questions, tried to make up excuses, and avoid the awkward conversation we were just getting into.
“You should have seen them when I went to go get them earlier.” Zacky said to Johnny. “They were basically humping each other. Man It was awkward.”
I gripped Brian’s hand tighter. I didn’t think I’d find thing’s so awkward around these guys.
“Hey hey, come on guys.” Brian said, tilting his head in my direction.
Zacky’s eyes immediately softened on mine. “You’re right. I’m sorry. This is just... I- I dunno. It’s really weird for me. For us,” He explains, pointing to Johnny. “We’re just so used to seeing you either hate each other, or hang out with each other like pals. Now we’re suddenly thrusted into this whole new thing where you guy’s actually have to love each other. “
I leaned my head on Brian’s big shoulder, and wrapped my arm around his waist.
I felt my head lift up, and then down. A sign Brian had shrugged.
“I don’t know what to tell you guys.” He replied.
“We don’t need it.” Johnny said. “What happened, happened. We’ll get used to it.”
I smiled at Johnny. “Thanks guys. You’re being really cool about this.”
“We’re your best friends. It’s what we’re here to do.” Johnny flashed a smile I haven’t seen in a while. One that seemed to show he was actually really happy for once.
“Now, about Matt...” Jimmy started. “What are we gonna do with him?”
“I thought we could just avoid it for a while. He goes out with Natalia all the time, that leaves us with a lot of time to ourselves. “ Brian explained. “He always tells us when he’s going to be back, too. So there’s no chance he can catch us together.”
I realized something then. Something that could give Brian and I a good advantage in this. If I play the words out right, Matt would have no choice but to accept that Brian and I had started a relationship.
“I have an idea.” I said, looking at Jimmy. He nodded, silently telling me to go along.
“Well... Matt is dating Natalia.” I unwrapped myself from Brian, who clearly didn’t like that. “Natalia is one of my closest friends.”
“Yeah, and?”Zacky asked, not quite getting it.
“And,” I said drawing the word out. “Well... It’s kind of hypocritical of him to say ‘No you can’t date Brian! He’s my best friend and blah blah blah.” I tried doing my best impression of Matt Not like it would be too hard for me anyways, being his sister and all. I made my voice deeper, flexed my muscles’ and even walked like him. The guy’s laughed, enjoying the okay impression.
“What I mean is, Matt can’t tell us to stay away from each other. He’s dating my best friend, and yet, I can’t date his? That’s a bit rude, is it not?” I asked, sitting down next to Brian again. He tried pulling me onto his lap, but I forced myself back from his grasp, not feeling like sitting on him at the moment. He frowned slightly, but turned his attention to Jimmy as he started talking.
“That’s a really good point.” He said nodding. “ We should--- Er, I mean, You, should approach him with that.”
I grabbed Brian hand, and laced mine fingers through his, noticing how perfect they fit together.
“He’s hard headed though. He’ll make up an excuse.” Johnny sighed.
“Yeah. We’re gonna have to give it a few more days.” Zacky agreed.
I felt my pocket start vibrating, telling me I had either a phone call, or a text message. Guessing from how much it was vibrating, I was getting a call.
I picked it up out of my pocket, and flipped it open to see Natalia calling. “Hello?” I asked, even though I knew who it was.
“You and Brian need to get out of the house now .” Natalia said, her voice rushed.
“What?” I asked, not understanding.
“Matt knows. I’m not sure how, but he does.” She said.
I felt my blood run cold, my heart stop.
“Harm? Baby, you okay?” Brian asked.
now. ” She repeated.
But it was too late. The front doors crashed open, and a very, very, pissed off Matt stood in the entrance of the living room.
You.” He growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol cliff hanger for you all.
I'm out for the day, so enjoy :D