Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

The Things You Would Have Never Thought.

All five of us stared at Matt, seeing the flaming anger in his eyes.
“Brian,” I started. I kept my eyes on Matt’s, begging him not to do anything he’ll regret.
“Yeah?” Brian asked, his voice wobbling. I’ve never seen Brian scared of anything before. Hearing him like this now only made me realize how serious of a situation this was.
“You should go.” I finished. He gripped my hand, so tight I almost cried out in pain. I couldn’t though. Not here. Any sort of mistake and Matt would lose whatever was holding him down right now.
“No, No.” Matt said laughing. “He should stay.”
Jimmy stood up slowly, flashing his palms showing he means no harm.
“Matt, dude. Come on. Just chill out. Not everything has to be resulted in violence.”
“Who said I was gonna involve violence?” Matt asked, grinning devilishly. “But you know what? I really do enjoy the sound of smashing Brian’s face right in.”
I stood up from the couch, Brian’s hand in mine still. “Matt, can you not, please?” I begged.
He looked at my face, then to my connected hand. He shook his head, and laughed again.
“I told you, Brian,” Matt said, ignoring me. “I told you. And look what you do. You go for her anyways. “
“Matt, look. It’s hard to explain, it’s really confusing. But, trust me when I say this, I love your sister. I love her very much.” Brian stood up, his body towering over mine. He looked at me quickly, the expression in his eyes, showing me he meant every word.
A growl escaped Matt’s lips, a growing sign that he was not happy.
“Brian, please.” I begged, grabbing his arms as he took one step in front of me.
They were going to fight. This whole thing was going to be turned into a fight. Of course, normally I wouldn’t be as scared as I am now. But now that someone’s life might be on the line, I feared for everyone. With as much anger Matt had right now, he’d kill someone. He would hurt anyone in his way, including me.
“Guys, please. don’t do this.” I begged. I tried to move past Brian, but he stuck out his arm, keeping me back behind him.
“Come on, Gates! I know you wanna give me a good ol’ punch in the face.” Matt smirked, his eyes darkened.
“Matt, I’m not doing this. We’re adults, and it’s not really necessary. I get that you’re mad, okay? Fine. We can talk about this. I don’t want Harmony to be caught in the middle of anything.” Brian’s muscles relaxed, showing Matt that he was letting his guard down, and not willing to fight.
“It’s not Harmony I’m mad at. I know she’s the innocent one here. What did you do Bri? Force her into it? Tell her a bunch of lies, waiting to get in her pants? “ Matt snapped.
“Matthew!” I exclaimed, my mouth gaping at him. Brian sighed heavily.
“Matt, I told you. I do love her. With all of me. “ He said.
“I don’t believe it.” Matt spat. His arms we shaking, his head vibrating. This was it.
Before I knew, Brian and thrown me back onto the couch, embracing Matt’s tackle at him.
Something crashed, and Matt’s angry voice was filling up my ears.
“You’re supposed to be my brother!” He yelled
“I am!” Brian exclaimed, moving in way’s so he missed Matt’s large swinging arms.
“No! You’re not! You went behind my back, and did exactly what I told you not to!” Matt retorted. I heard a loud smack, a sign that either Matt or Brian had gotten hit somewhere. Judging on the loud cry of pain, it was Brian.
“Matt stop!” I screamed, lifting myself up off the couch.
A few more shouts of pain, came from Brian. I felt myself tear up, I couldn’t handle this anymore. I loved them both so much, it was killing me to see them like this.
I jumped off couch, running towards them.
“Stop!” I screamed at Matt.
“Go away Harmony! This is between me and him.” Matt growled, grabbing Brian by the front of his shirt.
“Matt, Please. You’re hurting him,” A single tear fell from my eye. I hoped he would notice that his sister was in pain. That what she was seeing was killing her inside, and that he’d stop.
“Harmony, go.” Brian said. His eye was already turning black, his lip split open, and his nose bleeding.
“Zacky, Take her out of here.” Matt demanded.
The room fell silent. Matt was never like this. Not since the old days. Not since the day’s he used to be a complete drunk.
Zacky nodded, grabbing me by the arm, and pulling my body away forcefully.
“Zacky—Zacky please.” I begged, crying.
“Harmony, I’ll take care of it, Okay? Just go down stairs, and—“
A loud shout came from the living room. A shout that belonged to Brian.

I never thought I’d be the type of girl to hurt someone before. I never thought I would twist Zacky’s arm back, causing him to yelp and run back into the living room. I never thought I’d be the girl who’d care so much for one man. I never thought I’d be the girl to fall in love. I never thought I’d be the girl who would try and rip Matt right off of Brian.
As I gripped Matt’s arms, and forced him back, his whole body turned around, and pushed me to the ground, causing my head to smash hardly against the ground.
There was a fast rush coming to my mind, and blurring image of the boys gathering around me. Muffled sounds of people yelling. Soon after, there was complete blackness taking me over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone; Your comment's make me smile, really. I'm so happy you guys are finding this to be an awesome story. I was really doubting this story from the very first chapter, but you guys have totally made me see otherwise. I would have never imagined getting more then 500 readers, and however many subscribers.
So I just want to thank you, because I haven't done so before.
Now that the whole cheesy moment is over, what do you think? >:D