Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Memories Have Gone To Waste.

Hearing Jimmy’s voice was like hearing angels sing. It rang in my ears over and over again. I couldn’t believe it at first; I thought I was crazy. But soon after I realized it was all entirely real. I had rushed over to the bed, and started freaking out. Jimmy just laughed at me, telling me I was over reacting. But I didn’t care. I was far too happy to see my best friend was alive. Brian was lost for words. His eyes were glossy, and he shed a tear or two—Not like he’ll ever admit to it—But it was nice to see him with some emotions. I kissed Jimmy’s cheeks and forehead so many times, it could probably be considered rape.
I was just too happy.
“Calm down, jeez.” He said, smiling at me. Although it had been an hour since he first spoke, I was still by his side, holding his hand and crying.
“I’m sorry, It’s just...I thought- Well- I-I—“
“Trust me; I wouldn’t leave without saying good bye.” He stated.
I felt a couple more tears leave my eyes, but quickly wiped them away.
“Now, Will you stop crying? God, you can be such a girl.” Jimmy weakly moved his free hand to push mine off his other hand. “Fucking hell I hurt. What happened?”
Brian shook his head, sighing. “Matt was drunk. He was getting into a fight, and you tried to pull him off the guy, but he shoved you back and you hit your head. Kind of like that time Harmony got knocked out.” He explained.
“I don’t remember that.” Jimmy replied, after a few moments silence.
“You don’t remember me being knocked out?” I asked. “I mean, it’s not a big deal or anything but... really?”
Jimmy nodded his head, wincing soon after.
“Well...What do you remember?” Brian asked, slowly getting up from the chair.
“I don’t know. Ask me something.” Jimmy said. He tried his best to sit up, but since he back was in a cast, he found it hard to do so.
“Do you remember that one day we spent at the beach? Where we gained up on Harms and threw her into the water?” Brian inquired.
Jimmy shook his head, side to side. “Nope.”
“What about the day we went to go get tacos, and you told me Brian was acting different around me?” I asked, desperately trying to find a memory he’d remember.
“No.” He replied.
“What about the time we played a show in the complete dark?” Brian asked.
“Uhmmm.... No, but I do remember having a beard.” Jimmy chuckled to himself. “Look,” he started after noticing my completely shell shocked face. “What matters is that I remember you, I remember Matt, Johnny, Zacky, Anvera, Danny, Natalia and Delaney. I remember you are my best friends, and that we have memories. I can’t remember some of them, but who cares right? At least I still know you.”
Although Jimmy had made an excellent point, I couldn’t say I was totally satisfied. Those were some of the best memories Brian and I had with him, and he couldn’t remember them. What else can’t he remember? Does he even remember my birthday? his birthday? Could he remember anything from before? What if he doesn’t find us all that interesting before? What if this new form of Jimmy has completely changed? We don’t have a chance in hell of getting the old Jimmy back.
“Can one of you guys get me a doctor? I don’t feel too hot.” Jimmy asked, closing his eyes.
“Yeah of course.” I said quietly, the hurt in my voice coming out nice and clear.
“Harmony, I’m sorry I don’t remember.” Jimmy said. His voice was sincere, almost sounding as if he was on the brink of tears.
“No, don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault. I’ll be okay.” I lied.
Truth be told; I wasn’t going to be alright. It suddenly seemed that nothing would be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's not even 1,000 words. I'm so tired though :(
I just wanted to make sure i got a chapter out for you all. Enjoy :) Don't forget to comment! I love reading your thoughts.