Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

A Friendship So Strong.

“Harmony, I know your feelings are hurt, But just think about what he said!” Brian said. We stood together outside his room; My back pressed against the wall, Brian hovering over me with one hand supporting him.
“I’m trying.” I replied, closing my eyes and sighing. “ I just can’t help but think ‘What else doesn’t he remember?”
“Don’t think like that. Think of the fact that he’s alive. He still remembers you, right? That’s all that should matter.” I felt Bri light trace my cheek bone. I opened my eyes slowly, only to be greeted with his big brown ones. I felt a lot of comfort just looking into those big eyes of his.
“It’s the times we’ve had that brought Jimmy and I close together. If he can’t remember them, then what’s the point?” I hit my head against the wall and closed my eyes again. Just when things were going right, they all came crashing back down.
“That doesn’t sound like the Harmony I know.” Brian said. He grasped my chin in his thumb and index finger and pulled it down to level with his face. “And that definitely doesn’t sound like the Harmony I fell in love with.”
My heart started racing, and a smile crept onto my face. It never failed to hear him say that. I could listen to him say it over and over again and it would never get old.
“The Harmony I know and love wouldn’t care about the fact that Jimmy can’t remember some things. She would be thankful he’s alive, and that he remembers the most important thing,”
Brian smiled at me, “That he has the most beautiful, smartest, awesomest girl as his best friend.”
He brushed a stray hair out of my face, and pressed both of his palms on my cheek. He pressed his lips against mine, not to hard but not to light either. My knees almost buckled, and I gave in once again.
I pushed my lips harder against his, craving something a bit more, even though we had sex two days ago.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, while he moved his hands to my waist. He began chuckling, and pulled away from me with a bit of resistance.
“Not here,” He said, a huge smile spreading across his face. I frowned, and bit my lower lip.
“Next time, I’m not getting a boyfriend that’s so hot.”
Brian smirked, and stepped back giving me some room.
“Next time?” He asked. I gave him my own little smirk before pushing myself off the wall and walking back into the room where everyone else was.

“Alright, we’ve got your water, extra pillows, pain killers, and a few extra blankets. You need anything else?” I asked, crouching down beside Jimmy who was laying in his bed, smiling at me.
“Lay with me?” He asked. I sighed, knowing Brian was down stairs in my room waiting for me to join him.
“Just for a little bit.”
“Okay, okay.” I said, standing up. Jimmy forced his body to scoot back, making room for me to lie beside him. I quickly got comfortable, and helped Jimmy pull the covers back over us. I kept a small distance between our bodies, afraid he won’t be as comfortable with me as he used to be. But him putting his arm around me and pulling me closer had set my thoughts straight. I couldn’t help but feel a bit weird though.
“What’s wrong?” Jimmy asked, noticing my awkwardness. I didn’t bother to reply. He wouldn’t even begin to understand the emotional pain I was going through.
“This is because I don’t remember something’s, isn’t it?” He asked sighing.
I slowly nodded my head.
“Look, Harms,” He started. “ I’m sorry there’s a few things I don’t remember. I can’t help it. I know it’s hurting you, but you’ve just gotta accept it.”
I sighed deeply, trying to pull myself away from him but I failed as he pulled me right back.
“I remember that one time, we all went to the amusement park and we decided to ride the biggest roller coaster there no matter how scared you were. You were supposed to sit with Matt, because he’s your big brother and all, but I insisted you sat with me. It took a lot of convincing, but you eventually did.
You were clinging on to me like no tomorrow.” Jimmy started laughing, along with myself.
“I almost broke your hand, but you were so happy to be on the ride.” I began laughing hysterically, rolling over to come face to face with him.
“What about that time I challenged you to a corn dog eating contest?” Jimmy said, trying to hold in his laughter.
“Oh my god!” I let out yet another fit of laughter. “I kicked your ass!”
“Did not!”
“Did so!”
“No!”
“Liar!”
“Cheater!” I leaned my head forward, bringing it to Jimmy’s chest.
“There’s no way a girl could eat so many corn dogs.” He said laughing.
“But I did!” I brought my head back up to look at his smiling face.
“I love you Harmony.” He said, pulling me in closer.
“I love you too, Jimmy.” I wrapped my arms around him, and hugged him tightly.
Although there will be something Jimmy’s not going to be able to remember, everyone was right.
I should be thankful he’s alive, and that he remembers me. If I couldn’t stand the fact of him not remembering some of the little things, I can only imagine the pain of him not remembering me at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short. :(
Comments are nice, I know you have something to say!