Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Think About The Future.

“Hey, there you are.” I said, watching Harmony walk down the stairs to her bedroom. I smiled at her, watching her body move slowly.
“Sorry, I was talking with the Rev,” She stated. “There were some good things he remembered.”
“I told you.” She came to the edge of the bed, and smiled down at me.
“Why are we always down here in my room?” She asked.
“Because, it’s better than mine.” I replied. I opened my arms to her, indicating I wanted her to come join me, but she ignored and continued to stand at the end of the bed.
“We should go to your room.” She stated.
“I don’t like my room though.” My smile turned into a frown, and my arms folded over my chest.
“I’ve hardly been in your room since we moved here.” She said, copying me.
“That’s not my problem.”
“Not your problem? You’re the one who put all your hate against me, which scared the fuck out of me, so I stayed away!” She stated, now putting her hands on her hips.
“It’s not my fault! It’s your fault for suddenly becoming attractive to me!” I argued.
“I wasn’t attractive before?” She asked.
“Well... I don’t fucking know. Why are we even talking about this? It’s the past, no need to dwell on it.” I sat myself up, not really wanting to argue with her.
“It’s nice to know my boyfriend didn’t find me the least bit attractive before. Thanks.” She rolled her eyes.
“Wow, Harm. You’re making a big deal out of nothing. Can you just come lay down with me?” I asked, followed by a sigh.
“No.” She replied.
I groaned aloud and rested my face in my hands. “Harm, baby, seriously? You know what I think of you. You know I think you’re gorgeous. That part of our past is a place I’d really like if we didn’t visit. It was a pretty horrible time. I want to remember our relationship from the good times. Not the bad.”
Harmony shook her head. “I get that. But I want to remember everything of this relationship. The bad is what got us here in the first place. Don’t you want to remember that? The stories we can tell our—“
Harmony froze in her sentence. She look licked her lips and started chewing on her bottom one.
“Our?” I asked, hoping she’d continue.
“Look, it’s something to tell people. It’s not one of those stupid ‘oh we’re childhood best friends.’ stories. We have a twist on ours.”
I pursed my lips, and looked at her. I knew what she was going to say before. Our kids. I was hoping she would say it. I wanted her to be as confident in this relationship as I was.
“You were going to say our kids.” I said, a small smile forming on my face.
“No I wasn’t.” She replied.
“Yes you were. Don’t lie to me baby.” The smile on my face grew bigger. “Can you imagine us having kids? God, if we had a girl do you know how beautiful she’d be? Or if we had a boy, Haha, oh man. He’d be a little me. Honey, isn’t that great?”
“Brian, I don’t want to think like that right now okay?” She said, closing her eyes and sighing. “We haven’t even been together that long—“
“I’ve known you my whole life though. We—“
“No, Brian. You’ve known me as a friend. Our friendship almost failed completely! We don’t know for sure if we as a couple could work together.” She started shaking her head, and sat down on the edge of the bed.
“Why don’t you have confident in us?” I asked, feeling more than just a little bit hurt.
“I should be asking you that question.” She said. Her voice was quiet, and maybe a bit sad. “You don’t even want to tell your family we’re together.”
“I do! I’m protecting you from them though. I’m not sure what they’ll think. We weren't expected to be together, you know that.” I jumped up off the bed, and made my way to her.
“If you have so much confidence in us Brian, you should have the confidence to tell them. Who cares what they’ll think? Aren’t you happy?” she looked up at me, her eyes filled with hurt. I hated seeing her like this, and knowing it was caused by me only made me feel worse.
“Of course I’m happy with you.” I said, grasping her face in my hands. “And if it makes you feel any better, I’ll call my dad right now and let him know.”
Harmony laughed at me and how easily I gave into her, but she nodded.
“Please.”
I smiled at her, and quickly pressed my lips to hers. I felt as though our lips melted together every time I planted one on her, and the bubbly feeling rose in my chest. I could never know what exactly the feeling meant, but I gladly let it come and go.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAH.
I don't know why I said that.
Comments please :)