Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Empty Spaces.

I sat in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn’t sleep; it didn’t feel right. Not having Brian lying beside me with his arm tightly wrapped around me felt weird. I started feeling bad about not having him sleep in here with me. But it was a good thing to do. I can’t let our relationship be made up of letting him get by when I’m upset, he needs to know how I feel and doing this was a good way of showing it.
I won’t lie though; I want him here. I want to hear his light snore, have his body heat, and look at his face. This is what love does to you. Maybe I should go see him? No, I shouldn’t. That will only show him that he wins and that he has dominance. But I won’t be able to sleep tonight...

I sighed, and threw the covers off me and slipped a bra on under my ‘too- tight- of- a- -bed -shirt.’ I tied my hair up, and gave my clock a quick glance. It was only midnight, so Brian shouldn’t be sleeping. I gave it one last thought, before trudging myself up the stairs, and then up the stairs to the Brian’s room. I noticed the light coming from under the door was only dim, meaning he was using his lamp. Normally that would mean he’s either reading, or fiddling around oh his guitar. I stopped in front of his door, and listened for something. At first I didn’t hear anything, but soon after I heard the light plucks of guitar strings, and Brian’s soft singing. I never really listened to his voice before, seeing as he was more of a guitarist. But when I did hear it, I thought that it was shocking he wasn’t a singer.
I cracked the door open a bit, and watched as he smiled up at me, and quickly finished what he was playing.
“Harm, I—“
“You didn’t have to stop.” I interrupted, upset that my presence here caused him to stop doing what he really should be doing.
“I wasn’t even doing anything. Look—“
“I’m not here because I want an apology, or because I felt bad. I’m here because unfortunately I’ve gotten so used to sleeping beside you, that I can’t sleep.” I stated, coming out of my little daze.
Brian nodded slowly. “Okay. Fair enough.” He said, laying his guitar down on the bed.
“Good.” I said. I closed the door behind me, and walked over to his open closet.
“What are you doing?” He asked.
“I need a shirt.” I replied, looking at some shirts on hangers, but pushing them away.
“You have one.” He said, chuckling.
“It’s too tight to sleep in.” I lifted out a Misfits one, and examined it before realizing it was Zacky’s. I held it up to Brian giving him a questionable face.
“I borrowed it.” He stated.
I shrugged, and held the shirt up to my chest, sizing it to me. It seemed it would fit nicely enough to sleep in. Before I could take my shirt myself, Brian was already slowly pulling it off for me. |
“Bri,” I sighed as he began kissing the sensitive part of my neck. “Don’t do this now.”
He managed to pull my shirt off over my head, and spun me around to face him.
“I can’t help it.” His voice was low, sending shivers down my spine. He planted his lips on mine. I made no resistance to him. I couldn’t. All my anger that had formed had just melted away. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and let him have his way. He put more force onto my lips, and let his hands wander up my back.
“Brian, not tonight, please.” I gasped, somehow pulling away from him. “I don’t want you telling the guys about it.”
Brian looked at me and scowled. “I don’t tell them every time. Especially now, knowing how much you don’t like it.”
I shook my head. “I think, we rushed...Into...things.” I said, break my words apart slowly.
Brian blinked his face a blank expression. “What do you mean?” he asked.
“I mean... Well. We—Well—I think we got really...Physical before we even really talked about us being in a relationship.” I said. The way his face drop
ped my made heart fall; I was starting to feel bad about speaking my mind.
“I thought it was okay...” Brian replied smirking. I rolled my eyes, and pulled out of his grasp. I picked the shirt up off the floor, and slid into it.
“You know, we haven’t even gone on a date.” I stated, suddenly realizing that it was in fact true.
Brian opened his mouth to argue, but he realized I was right.
“We went for sushi!” He stated.
“We were friends.” I replied.
“Friends who had confessed that we love each other, and had sex the night before? Interesting friendship.”
I tilted my head at him, and gave him the one of ‘the looks’. He then sighed and sat on the bed.
“I’m sorry. I just thought, that, you know... Since we’re good friends, we didn’t need to go out on a date.” He explained.
“That’s what couples do, Hun.” I said.
Brian shrugged, “Okay. Well... I’ll plan us a date before I go on tour.” He smiled up at me. “I’ll make it really nice too, don’t worry.”
“It doesn’t need to be fancy Brian. I was thinking more like a movie and dinner.” I stated, picking up his guitar and handing it to him.
“I want it to be special though.” He replied. It was too late for me to convince him not too now. He was already planning it, and he wouldn’t take no for an answer.
I sighed, having realized I lost this one. “I’m going to bed.” I said, crawling over to the other side of the bed, and making myself comfortable.
“I’ll join you in a sec.” He replied, standing up. He gently laid his guitar in its case, and then undid his jeans, letting the fall to the ground before he stepped out of them, and pulled off his shirt.

My eyes lingered on Brian’s back self, tracing every inch of him. I was lucky to end up with him. Good personality, my best friend, and amazingly sexy. I couldn’t help but to feel a bit of lust grow over me. It was hard to contain it when I’m around Brian. He turned around, catching me staring at him. I didn’t mind though, I was enjoying my thoughts way too much. He smirked at me, and immediately jumped into the bed with me. I know I told him I didn’t want to do it tonight, but fuck. I wanted too now. Brian crawled on top of me, kissing me in every visible part. I grabbed at his hair, becoming a bit frustrated with how long he was taking to just start.
“Hey Harmony?” Brian mumbled in my ear.
“Yeah?” I replied, gasping.
“Not tonight, remember?”
I felt him pull himself off me, chuckling at how cruel he was being. I gawked at him, feeling my body become cold.
“Are you serious?” I asked. He pecked my lips, and nodded.
“I’m only going with what you said. Regret it don’t you?” he asked.
I huffed, and crossed my arms over my chest. “I really hate you right now.” My eyes traced his chest again. Inside I squealed, just wanted him. But I had to go and stop him.
“I love you too babe.” He flicked off the light, and made himself comfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! :D Ugh, man did I ever miss writing for you all.
Leave a comment!