Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Brother and Husband.

I watched from the kitchen entrance as Harmony sat at the kitchen table, writing down whatever the answers were to her homework. She was falling behind a bit, and I couldn’t help but feel bad since it really was my fault from keeping her from her classes. She’s been happy though. She seems to be enjoying her time away from school more than actually being there. I won’t lie, I have asked her to drop out a few times, for selfish reasons. But she wanted an education. She wanted to have choices in what she would be doing for the rest of her life, which I came to accept eventually.
I smiled as she began staring at the diamond rock on her left ring finger; the one I had given to her last night. At first, she had said no, because we have only been together for four months, and that we still had so much to think about—Well, she had so much to think about—and that maybe things were going too fast. But as soon as the words left her mouth, she had said yes. Yes because she wanted me to be the one who she thought about. She wanted me to be the one who she wanted to see everything with. She wanted to spend her life with me and me only. The rest is history.
“Hello, Mrs. Haner.” I said. Harmony looked up at me, blushing.
Future Mrs. Haner.” She corrected. I rested my hands on her shoulders, and gently started massaging them. Harmony dropped her pencil on her papers, and groaned and I duck my thumbs deeper into her back.
“That feels so good.” She said, slumping her shoulders forward, and letting her muscles relax.
“Does it?” I asked. She nodded her head, letting a moan rip through her mouth.
“I know what else can make you feel good.” I purred in her ear. She moaned again, a small laugh coming after.
“I think I know what you’re saying.” She replied. I started kissing her neck, desperately trying to get to her weak spot.
“I hope you guys do plan on moving out after the tour, Because, Well, I do love you guys, but I don’t think I want to see this every day after you’re married.”
I looked up to see a all smiles Matt standing right where I was only moments ago.
“Oh. H-Hi Matthew.” Harmony said. I kissed her head quickly and sat down in the chair beside her.
“Don’t mind me, I’m just grabbing something to eat. I’ll be out of your way soon.” Matt stated, while opening the fridge.
“No, don’t worry. I have to go talk to Jimmy anyways.” Harmony stood up, pecking my lips, before walking off up the stairs.
I smiled to myself. Mrs. Haner. Mrs. Harmony Alexandria Haner.
“I can’t believe it.” Matt said as he closed the fridge, with nothing in hand.
“Not eating?” I asked, knowing why he wasn’t.
“Nah. I was hoping Harmony would leave so I could have a nice... Chat, with you.” Matt sat down in the chair across from me, resting his elbows on the table.
“We talked about this last night, Matthew!” I sighed.
“I know, I know. I just want to make myself clear.” Matt said, flashing me his palms, showing he meant no harm. “You’re marrying my sister.”
“I am.” I nodded. I could already see the wedding. It would be outside, maybe in our back yard so it was under the radar. We’d only have our family and closest friends, making that about a few dozen people. Most of the money would go to Harmony’s dress. Every girl wants to look beautiful on their wedding, and I want Harmony to feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.
“You know... I never thought I’d see this day.” Matt stated. “I never thought my little sister would actually be getting married to my best friend.”
“I didn’t really think the same way.” I replied while nodding my head. “Actually, I don’t think any of us did.”
“That’s true.” Matt agreed. There was a moment of silence, which I gladly let fill the room. Matt was finally accepting the fact that his sister wasn’t so little anymore; that she was finally all grown up and ready to be on her own. Or, with me that is.
“You’ll take care of her, right?” He asked.
“Of course.”
“You promise?”
“I won’t let anything happen to her.” I looked Matt right in the eye. He nodded, seeing that I meant that with everything in me.
“You know.... We’re going to be brothers now.” Matt said. I realized his emotional moment was over, and smiled.
“Weren’t we already?” I asked. He laughed, something I really haven’t seen all too much in a while.
“That’s true. But now I have a real excuse to beat you up.”
I folded my arms over my chest, and chuckled while shaking my head.” You always get me off guard. I can kick your ass any day!”
“Yeah right!” Matt exclaimed.
“I can!” I argued.
“Okay bud. You keep thinking that.” Matt rolled his eyes, while getting out of the chair.
“I will.” I replied, nodding.
“If you need anything for the wedding, just let me know.” Matt said.
“Thanks man, I appreciate it.” I stood up, right in front of Matt right before he could pass me. “Hey,”
Matt looked at me, awaiting for me to continue. I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat, before sticking out my hand. Matt looked at me, then my hand, then back at me. He furrowed his brows, indicating he was confused, and wanted me to explain.
“Thank you.” I said. Matt shaped his mouth into an ‘O’ and quickly grabbed my hand.
“No, thank you.” He said. “For making my sister happy.” I dropped my hand from his, smiling quickly before I let him pass by me. After he left the kitchen, I dropped back down into my chair, and threw my head back. That’s when it finally hit me.
I’m going to marry Harmony Alexandria Sanders.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop sha woop doop.
Weekend, so i'm baccck ! Should put another one up tonight :)
Comment, subscribe, do what cha have too.