Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

I Guess This Is Growing Up.

“Jimmy?” I asked, knocking on his door. There wasn’t an answer.
“James.” I sang, knocking again. Still no answer.
“He’s not home.”
I looked over to my right, to see Zacky, leaning against his door frame, his arms folded over his chest. His dark hair was sticking up in all places, the bright blue patches were now fading, and there were little tiny bags forming under his eyes.
“I didn’t see him leave...” I said.
“Sneaky bastard.” Zacky said while shrugging. I sighed. I really wanted to talk to him. I was beyond happy, and wanted to tell Jimmy all about it.
“Do you know when he’s gonna be home?” I asked. Zacky shrugged once again.
“Come talk to me.” He said, after a few moments of silence. He turned his back to me, and walked back into his room. It’s been a while since Zacky and I had last had a real talk, so I felt a bit awkward following him. I wasn’t sure what I’d be able to tell him. He didn’t know much of the story. Now that I think about it, neither did Johnny. I started to feel a bit bad. These guys were supposed to be my best friends, and yet here I am, leaving them out of probably the most interesting year of my life.
Zacky sat down on his bed, patting the spot beside him. I slowly shuffled my feet over, and sat down.
“Whatever you wanted to tell Jimmy, just tell me.” He said. I looked at him, and shook my head.
“I don’t know what I wanted to tell Jimmy.” I replied.
“Sure you do. Maybe not how, but you know what.” He stated. “I’m all ears.”
I smiled at him, laughing a little. “I—I don’t know. I guess I just wanted to tell him how happy I am.”
Zacky nodded his head slowly, but didn’t say anything, so I continued.
“I mean. Zacky, I’m getting married.” I smiled. “To Brian!”
“I know.” Zacky laughed. “It’s crazy.”
“It’s beyond crazy, Zack. I don’t know how to tell you how I feel, But...” My mouth was still open but no words came out. I couldn’t find the perfect words to say.
“Don’t hurt yourself thinking so hard.” Zacky said.
“Shut up,” I punched him in the shoulder. “Don’t treat the bride to be like that.”
We shared a laugh, and I scooted closer to Zacky. I laced my arms around his, and leaned my head on his shoulder.
“It feels like it was just yesterday that we all started hanging around, getting shit faced, and not giving a damn about the world.” Zacky said. I nodded my head. “And now here we are, suddenly a famous band, and you and Brian are getting married, and it’s just all...Weird.”
“We’re growing up, Zacky.” I said.
“Yeah.” His voice was a near whisper. I felt my heart tug a bit. We are growing up. No more not caring, or partying every night, or being teenagers. It’s time for us to do what we’ve been preparing for most of our lives, and that’s being adults.
“I’m going to miss this.” He said.
“Me too.” I hugged his arm tighter, feeling sad now.
We sat there together in silence for quite some time. I didn’t want to let go, because I knew that was just one step to moving on. To becoming an adult. I sighed heavily, as did Zacky, and let go of his arm.
“So... Do uh, you and Brian have any plans for the wedding so far?” He asked, trying to lighten up the mood.
“Not yet.” I said, with a sniffle.
“Not even a date?” He asked. I laughed, and nodded.
“Nope. We only got engaged yesterday, jeez.” I smiled at him, and he smile right back.
“Well, I figured you’d be all over that shit. Aren’t girls like that? Once engaged, they start planning everything like the world’s gonna end.”
I threw my head back and laughed. “Oh please. I am not like that.”
“Can’t blame a guy for assuming!” Zacky said. I rolled my eyes, and stood up.
“I’m gonna go. I do have a lot to think about, and actually do.” I said.
“Understandable.” Zacky stood up as well, following me to the door. “I have to catch up on some sleep anyways.”
“Thanks Zacky.” I said.
“No problem. Anything for the number one girl in my life.” He said. I stretched my arms out in front of me, waiting for Zacky to close his around me, engulfing me in a tight hug. Once he did, he closed the door behind him, and I made my way down the stairs, re-joining Brian, and my homework.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not long, but, I promised I'd get two up tonight! :D
Comments pleaaase. I love you guys :')