Status: Completed!

A Lifetime to Struggle

Something's Not Right.

Jimmy was right. As soon as we walked through the door, and met with Brian in the living room, I could see exactly what Jimmy was talking about. He didn't have the same soft gaze he used to look at me with. His eye's now just bored into mine, swirls of lust coming and going.
I sighed to myself. I'd have to set Brian straight. I don't want anything like that from him. Thinking of him like that made me feel all gross and awkward. I know him to well.
" You bought me Taco's!" Matt exclaimed, snatching the bag from out of Jimmy's grasp.
"Hey, whoa!" Jimmy shouted chasing after him. "I bought US taco's! Give them back!"
Brian and I shook our heads at them. As we sat alone in the living room, I took this time to let him know exactly what I was thinking.
"Hey Brian.." I said, turning to face him.
"Yo." Brian replied, throwing his feet up on the table, and resting his arms behind his head.
I watched as the muscles in them flexed, showing off exactly how strong he was.
I found my eye's lingering a bit to long on them, and snapped back into reality.
"I was talking to Jimmy today, and he happened to say something about--"
Brian, who had his eye's closed before I started speaking, slowly opened one eye to look at me.
"About?" He asked, his voice coming out smooth.
"Uh.." My mouth suddenly became dry. My eye's were glued to his face.
His nice structured face, with that one stupidly good looking patch of hair on and around his chin.
"What's the matter, cat's go your tongue?" He asked, laughing.
I saw his nicely worked out torso go up and down as Brian gave a small laugh.
I realized what I was doing. What i was thinking. I mentally slapped myself in the face. No, punched myself in the face. This wasn't right. This was stupid.
"Uh, Jimmy said you were thinking about cutting your hair."
My brain threw insults at me. Told me how weak and stupid I was for not being strong enough to come out and say exactly what I was going to.
Brian sighed. "Yeah i'm thinking about it."
"You shouldn't though. I mean, once The City of Evil is finished, you'll go back to wearing your fedora's and they won't look nearly as good as they do now." I said, turning away from him, nodding my head.
I saw Brian take his feet off the table, and twist his body my way.
"You think so huh?" He asked, his voice appearing by my ear. He rested one of his big hands on the small of my back.
I turned to face him, my eye green eye's catching his brown ones.
"Harmony!" Zacky called from the kitchen.
I immediately jumped off the couch and headed into the kitchen.
My breathing becoming shallow, and my heart pounding in my chest.
"Yeah?" I asked, trying to pull myself back together.
Zacky gave me a funny look, but shook his head. He was used to my weirdness.
" Can you help me out here?" I noticed Zacky was throwing on a sports coat, and stuffing his wallet in his jean pockets.
"What do you need?" I asked.
Zacky pointed to his head, indicating there was something wrong with it.
" My hair looks like shit." He replied frowning.
My lips twisted into a smile. Messing around with Zacky's hair was something I've been doing for years.
I walked up to the kitchen tap, and quickly ran my hand's under it. Then i brought them up to the stray parts of his hair and began wetting the down.
"What are you so dressed up for?" I asked.
"I have a date." He replied.
"ooo, Zacky." I said playfully.
Zacky chuckled. "It's a blind date so I don't really know how it'll go."
I grabbed Zacky's shoulders, and made him look me in the eyes.
" Okay Zacky. This is a Girl. I know you don't know much about them since I don't really count as one. But when you're around them, you have to act like a man, not a boy. You understand? Make sure you pay for Dinner, don't pick your nose. Manners, you know what those are right? Or do I have to explain that to you?"
Zacky rolled his eyes, as I smiled at him.
"I'm going to be late. " He said.
I gave him a quick hug, before bidding him goodbye.
After Zacky had left, I walked back to the living room to see Matt, Johnny, Jimmy and Brian all watching a movie.
"Whacha watchin'?" I asked.
"Some lame ass movie called Clover field." Johnny replied with a bored look on his face.
"Amazing." I replied, letting myself fall in the chair sitting on the right hand of the couch, slightly angled so it could face the TV better.
"Why don't you come sit over here shit stock?" Matt asked, patting an open spot between him and Brian.
"I like chairs." I lied.
Matt shrugged, and turned his attention back to the movie.
I saw Brian give a small smile to me, before doing the exact same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh ho ho ho, some attractions going on? Hmmmm. I wonder.
I know it's not much, but stay with me! I have some good idea's, i just need to build to it :)