Status: New!

Invisible

Pretty Odd

I had slept deep into Sunday morning. I was feeling sick. Every part of me had this new fear etched into it. There was something about that letter that was extremely wrong, I always say Lord Voldemort over Christmas, but now he was requesting to see me. He knew he didn't need a request and the formalities of the letter made me think that it was finally my time.

I rolled over in bed, there were no windows in the dungeons so I was not exactly sure of what time it was, I just knew it was late. Luna would probably be peeved that I missed her at breakfast but she did ditch me yesterday so that's what she gets. I sat up on my pillows and pulled the curtains away from my bed, the other girls were gone.

I pulled out the brown leather book from under my bed and wrote neatly on a page.

Dear Father,

Christmas sounds lovely, I will be sure to make it. I miss you already. Wish me luck.

Love, Ava.


Most people don't realize how old my father is, he's quite elderly. My mother died when I was very young and I hardly remember her. But my father has always been there for me. He's taught me summer after summer new spells and different potions, he made it like I never left Hogwarts. He was a very wise man. I'm assuming that's why my Lord values him so strongly.

After writing my letter I walked to the bathroom and pulled off my pajamas. I showered for as long as humanly possible all while thinking about what Voldemort could possible want from me. Maybe he just missed me, we didn't see each other all that often. I was turning 18 in November though, I would finally be an adult and maybe he thought that that was grounds to finally start using me.

I shook it off and got changed. I tied my hair up into a pretty bun and left the dormitories. No one was really in the common room. so I decided to take a seat on one of the couch's and flip open my Astronomy book. Just as I had gotten settled in though a large rustle came through the door and screaming ensued.

"Draco you've been acting so secretive and shady since we got back to school and I've had it! Who is she?" Pansy Parkinson was shouting at Draco who had just walked in and spotted me reading. I gave him a small smirk so she couldn't see.
"Pansy, you are insane, we aren't even together." He said turning around and shrugging his shoulders at her.
"You've got to be kidding me Draco, after everything I've done for you. I gave you everything!" She shouted beginning to cry. It took everything in me not to laugh at her and when I looked up at Draco I thought he was going to as well.

Pansy stormed back out of the room at his facial expression. He turned to me on the couch and started chuckling. Draco came and sat next to me and took the book out of my lap.

"So what are you reading?" He asked.
" Oh nothing, just school work."
"I hate school." He said scrunching up his face.
"Oh what a shocker, bad ass Draco Malfoy hates school." I said in a mocking tone.
"How rude!" He laughed. I've never seen him laugh, it was kind of nice. He looked, well, happy. "I'm going to the Room of Requirement tonight, care to meet me there?" He smiled. "You ditched me last night."
I must have looked shocked because he just smiled and didn't let me answer. "I really have to get going though, hopefully I'll see you tonight Ava." He smiled at me and stood up.

As he was walking out of the room someone must of walked into him because I heard an angry "shove off you little weirdo" in Draco's voice. A couple of seconds later I saw a horrified looking first year walk quickly down into the room. It was surprising how Draco could be so nice to me and so vile towards everyone else.

~*~

I was nervous to go up to the Room of Requirement tonight. What if Draco's whole nice card was just a rouse to make fun of me or something like that? I'm pretty sure I would leave Hogwarts and never come back again, or kill him. Probably just kill him. After dinner with Luna I went to get changed into comfy clothes and headed up to the seventh floor before the hallways were off limits.

To my surprise he was actually there, and before me at that. I suppose I should have dressed nicer than shorts and a sweater because Draco was standing there in black pants and a whit button up shirt that had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, he was staring at a strange cabinet that was empty.

I decided not to say anything because I wanted to watch him up close without him being a different person. I slowly creeped over to the couch and curled up in a maroon velvety blanket that was left there. He huffed and puffed for a couple of minutes and continued to run his hand through his silky white hair while he muttered nonsense about this silly cabinet. I don't know why I felt so okay to be myself around him but I did.

"Need any help over there? I ask only loud enough for him to barely hear it.
It was quite funny when he nearly jumped out of his skin and turned to look at me. "You scared the hell out of me Ava, when did you even get here?" He said with wide eyes.
"Eh, like ten minutes ago." I said shrugging.
"You're quite the sneaky one." He said moving his hair from his face and sitting down next to me.
"So you're a Nott?" He asked.
I nodded my head.
"So is it true you're as close with the dark lord as the say you are?" He said quietly in case anyone else was lurking around.
I frowned. I really truly hated that question. "I don't know how close they say we are but we are close, I would die for him." I said softly.
"How does such an evil man have such a lovely person in his life?" He asked putting his head on my shoulder. I tensed up a little and felt him smile.
"Are the rumours true about you then? You're a death eater are you not?" I asked in a hushed voice.
He didn't say anything because he knew if he lied to me I would be able to find out on my own with ease. We sat there quiet for a moment.
"Are you?" He sighed.
"Am I what?"
"Are you one as well?"
"Oh," I said and paused at the touchy subject, "no, no not yet."
"That's surprising." He murmured.

I left it at that. Draco didn't need to know about my relationship with Voldemort just like I didn't need to know his. Sometimes it made me feel uncomfortable that someone who was like family to me was one of the most hated wizards in the world, a murderer, a criminal, and a manipulator. I guess that's all I've ever known though.

"I think you're pretty Ava." Draco said sleepily into my arm.
I blushed nearly bright pink. Draco Malfoy thought I was pretty? He was such a player though, am enormous ladies man! He usually just used girls for sex. At least two of my roommates last year had come in crying because they had given it up to Draco and he wanted nothing to do with them. I was not going to be one of those girls.

"Well that's very sweet of you Draco but-"
"I'm not interested in your excuses Ava, I don't care that you're all anti-social and hate the world in the normal hours of the day, but I like this side of you and just let me enjoy it right now." He said staring at me.

My jaw had dropped. Was he joking? I mean he was saying the truth but I was astounded he actually did. People usually just avoided the fact that I didn't talk to them. Draco had addressed it verbally. He wouldn't stop staring at me either,those cold grey eyes were digging into my heart and telling me to throw myself at him. Maybe that's how he got all of those girls? With those irresistible eyes.

Before I could stop anything from happening Draco leaned in and pressed a kiss into my forehead. He puled away and sighed when I was frozen there. He smirked though. It was perfect and adorable and I couldn't even manage to say anything.

We were only a week in a half into the year and things were already strange. What is this school coming to?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah 10 subscribers! Thank you so much guys and girls! Thank you for the lovely comment!
You guys are making me want to write this more and more.

Morning Outfit.
Evening Outfit.

Leave me nice comments and things to motivate myself to write more! Thank you!