‹ Prequel: Just Go With It
Sequel: I Could Never Pretend
Status: Completed

Nothing Is Ever Simple

Emails and Old Friends

AMELIA

Amelia stared at the laptop screen after sending the email to Johnny, wondering how long it would take for him to reply. She felt guilty for not keeping in touch with everyone as often as she would have liked, but having a six month old baby was a lot to contend with. She heard the front door slam and sighed in the knowledge that Bam was back. Since Brandon had been born Bam had changed. He went out with his other friends more and didn’t come back til late. He would leave his phone at home so she had no way of contacting him, and he seemed more interested in the show than in Amelia and his son. April put it down to some form of post natal depression for fathers but Amelia wasn’t convinced. She was just about to stand up and check on Brandon when her phone started ringing. With a sense of anticipation she checked the caller id and saw it was her boss, Jeff Tremaine.

“Hey Jeff.”

“Hi Amelia, how’s it going?”

“Not bad thanks, how are you? Long time no see!” she smiled over the phone, happy to hear her friend’s voice.

“I’m great babe, I’m just calling about this MTV takeover. Are you up for it?”

“Of course I am.” Amelia laughed, “Haven’t you spoken to Bam?”

“Yeah, but he said he thought you wouldn’t want to come over cos you’d be too busy with the baby.” Jeff replied.

Amelia’s stomach sank and she gripped the phone tighter. “He said that?”

“I don’t want to cause problems babe.”

“You’re not. I’ll be there. Guaranteed.”

“That’s great! You have no idea how much I need you on board. It’s going to be utter chaos.”

“Great!"

Amelia hung up feeling upset and angry rather than excited as she should be by the prospect of being reunited with the gang. How could Bam suggest that she wouldn’t want to go? Of course Brandon was her priority but that didn’t mean she was going to let her best friends down. She had no intention of confronting Bam tonight though and she collapsed on to the bed and fell asleep.

The next morning after seeing to Brandon, Amelia checked her computer hoping for a reply from Johnny and was not disappointed.

[Hey babe,

It’s great to hear back from you so soon. I know you must be super busy with the baby. How is he doing? I promise I will come and see you as soon as I get a break from filming. It’s manic down here but I’m doing what I love so I can’t complain. And of course you get an invite to the premiere, you can be my plus one?

You have no idea how excited I am that you’re joining in with the takeover! It’s going to be utter chaos and it wouldn’t be the same without you! Tremaine said something about putting his foot in it with you and Bam? Hope everything is ok. Oh, and tell your dad I said ‘hi’. It’s great to have some older fans hahahaha!

Laura was a disaster. I won’t go in to detail but let’s just say I didn’t bring her back to my place! My love life is looking bleak but then I’m a busy actor after all. I just don’t have the time for a relationship, or at least that’s my excuse!

Have you heard from any of the others? It’s a shame you’re not here in Cali cos I’m meeting up with Steve and Pontius for drinks. I’ll send them your love. Keep in touch yeah? I miss you too.

Lots of love,

P.J.
xxx]

Amelia felt herself breakout into a huge smile as she read the message from Johnny. She had always been able to rely on him to make her feel better, even at her darkest times. She shook these thoughts from her mind and thought about how to reply. It was nearly lunchtime and she felt her stomach rumble.

“Hey babe, how’s it going?”

Amelia turned around from the computer screen to see Bam standing in the doorway. She smiled as he approached and wrapped his arms around her. “It feels like ages since I saw you properly.” She said quietly, nuzzling into his chest. She had completely forgotten why she had been angry with him.

“I’m sorry babe, I’ve been a bit of a dick lately but I’ll make it up to you. Let’s go out tonight, April said she’d babysit.”

“Ok.” Amelia agreed, tilting her head to look up at her fiancé. He kissed her hard on the lips and pulled her up into his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a tester to see whether or not anyone is interested in a sequel. If I don't get feedback I wont continue cos I'm not 100% about this, so please let me know what you think!