Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Flushed down the toilet.

Could the bell be more annoying? I grabbed all my stuff, ignoring the conversations around me about the new guy Nathan that will be joining us come Monday. Until then, I am ecstatic for the weekend. I slung my backpack over my shoulder, smiled at my teacher then hurried out of the classroom.

"Finally," Gabriella groaned as she walked beside me to meet the same guy.

"I know." I nodded, agreeing to the common interest we have at this moment; irritation.

"Honestly, how can everyone in the school talk about one person for so long," She spat. Her eyes narrowing at a couple of the cheerleaders that wouldn't shut up about Nathan. We constantly heard his name every time we passed a new group of students standing around.

"Exactly. If they aren't careful it'll piss David off,"" I snickered. Just imaging the tantrum he'd throw if it proceeded to be the biggest topic for too long was hysterical.

"I hear the reason they're so curious about him is because David is," She gossiped. I guess we all do it, whether involuntary or not.

"Curious," I muttered. Unforunately crossing his path. If I didn't have to see him at school anymore, it would only be too soon.

"Jensen," he greeted.

"Porter," I casually retorted; shoving past him right when he was about to say something.

The school didn't really have my friends and I as one of their main topics. They are too afraid that the rumors of that exchange students death was real. Considering said student never even went to this school, nor is of existence, that would prove how dumb they are. However, we weren't going to interrupt their reasons for not being concerned with us. At least I didn't have to worry about the gossip, and the weird looks that would come along with it.

"Monique!" Yes, the man we both have been wanting to see.

"Connect," I said with a grin. I gave him a hug, while Gabriella watched with envy.

"Here." He handed me a small bag, very smooth like. Then gave me another hug and slipped another smaller one in my pocket. "For you. Don't forget to come back with-"

"Yes, I know. I know," I giggled, playfully pushing him away then walking off with Gaby.

"I am so jealous," she hissed, glancing over her shoulder at him.

"Why?" I quirked a brow, skipping up the few steps leading to the next level and out to the basket ball courts.

"He actually speaks to you, the most I get is how much do you want? Here is the price. Peace. Bye Monique!. It's so annoying," she scornfully vented.

"Gabriella, he knows that without you I wouldn't even be doing this," I assured, with a nod of my head to emphasize my point. "You are very important to me, thus you are important to him."

"Yeah, because of you. I'm just your sidekick," she sighed before walking off in the other direction. I was confused by this whole conversation. I mean honestly, were we really going to argue about this? Gabriella is my best friend, she knows I hate drama.

"Gabriella, please. Come on, payment is involved. My parents aren't going to be home til late, and we have the house to ourselves. Let's do this, please?" I begged, pouting my bottom lip.

"Fine!" She laughed, caving in and returned to my side.

"Good, now find mister red hat." I put on a determined face with a nod.

"There." She nudged me, and we both looked at the guy. I smoothly walked up to him, avoiding attention from the security guards. I pushed his hat down, then wrapped my arms around him. Slipping the goods in his sweater jacket, grabbing the money from the other pocket, kissed his cheek and headed back to Connect. Aka Conner. "Very smooth."

"Thank you." I grinned, linking arms with her and found Conner again. "Here sir." I grabbed his book, pretended to read a few things while slipping the money in there and backed away.

"Thank you, love." He winked. A sly grin plastered on his face.

"No. Thank you," I retorted, heading towards the gates now.

Only the kids that really didn't have anything to do after school stayed, or popular ones. Because everyone knows if they leave too early then that ends an opportunity to be seen. Especially on a Friday, where no one knows if they'll see each other this weekend or not.

"Fuck!" Gabriella cursed, glancing at her phone. It was completely random and caused me to slightly jump.

"What?" I groaned, rubbing my head. Irritated that she didn't continue to explain what happened. She likes to do things over dramatically to catch your attention, that way you have to ask her for further information.

"My mom wants me home tonight and this weekend," she said, glancing up from her phone with a frown. "Rain check?"

"You know it'll be gone by then." I skipped off. "No one likes being bored in bad weather at home!" I sang, causing her to laugh.

"Not like you wont ever get more," she mimicked my tone.

"Now, now Gaby. You make me out to be some addict." I touched my heart, furrowing my brows and giving her a 'hurt' expression.

"As if it'd be a lie?" She inquired, her lips squishing to the right side of her face as she slightly tilted her head down.

"Am not. Addicts can't quit, and I can quit when ever I choose too. I just don't want to right now," I said, then stuck my tongue out at her and started walking in the direction of my home.

"See you Monday!" She ignored my last comment, waved and hurried into the parking lot that isn't the dirt lot where all the popular kids park. Unfortunately I have to walk that way, because my neighborhood is in that direction.

"Yeah," I whispered. It is always lonely without Gabriella. I don't like to have many people around me, they tend to be drama and so I relied a lot on my best friend. Gosh how that word is hard to choke out.

"Monique," David quietly said, hurrying to my side. He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards his truck.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, shoving him away.

"Your mom asked my mom if you could come over to my house because... Fuck it, just get in and shut up," he demanded, rolling his eyes. It would be like my mother to arrange this. I quickly got inside the truck in hopes no one saw us.

"Why does she always have to do this?" I frowned, tapping the pills in my pocket while sitting on the floor. Now I would have to wait til I get home to enjoy myself.

"Did you even have anything better to do?" He scoffed, starting the truck up and drove off. I peeked my head above the dash board, and sighed with relief to see we're at a safe distance away from the school.

"I actually did," I answered, chewing the inside of my lip.

"Probably drugs," he laughed. Finding me a joke in his perfect life.

"Oh and what did you have to do after school? Think of a scheme to gain more popularity? Or how you'd teach poor Nick a lesson for causing havoc on your reign?" I teased. David jerked his head in my direction then looked straight ahead.

"Nick did cross a line when he tripped me, whether it was accidental or not. Plus you don't care about my business. So it's not like what I plan on doing matters," he matter of factly spoke, pulling into the driveway of his house.

"You're right," I agreed, getting out and slamming his truck door shut.
"It's just a little pathetic of how you turned out."

"I can say the same to you," he childishly retorted, then held the door open for me. I nodded then went inside, dropping my bag on the floor of his living room.

"Hello!" I hollered, then took a seat on the couch.

"You already know the deal," David's mom told me, then glanced at him. "I can tell you two still aren't getting along."

"We never will," he spat, eying me down.

"If we did, it would be too soon," I added, smiling up at David.

"Of course. Well, I'm making dinner. Don't worry, something vegetarian for you dear," she assured me, with a smile. Then she glared at David before hurrying back to the kitchen.

"Don't forget extra death for me!" David chuckled, and with a smirk hurried up stairs to his room. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag, pulling out my homework and my old reliable iPod. Impatience continued to eat at me as I continued to feel the pills in my pocket.

Honestly my mother does things like this to annoy me. How badly can two women want their children together? Did they for once think it would only push us further apart? Not like that was possible considering how much of an ass David is.

"Dinner," David informed, interrupting my thoughts. I glanced up at him, took my head phones out of my ears and sat my notebook down. With a smile I followed him into the dining room, so his mom wouldn't see disgusted looks on my face; I do have some respect.

"So, you were doing homework?" David's mom questioned, placing my plate of Macaroni and Cheese in front of me.

"Yes ma'am," I answered, licking my lips. His mom without a doubt makes the best macaroni and cheese ever. I glanced at David as he grinned at the chili cheese dogs that are cut in half and stuck on a hamburger. I rolled my eyes at his favorite meal, and grabbed the ketchup.

"Looks delicious mom," he complimented, eying me down with a smirk on his face the whole time.

"Thank you, sweetie," she replied, falling into his little fake act; as usual.

"Really though, you do make the best macaroni and cheese." Even if it did seem like I was sucking up, especially after David already said something about the food she made; I still had to make my point made.

"I know. You say this every time," she giggled with a shake of her head, eating her Cesar salad. David's dad is working late again as usual, and I could tell it bothered David. Not that it's any of my business. "So, how was school?"

"Good," David quickly answered. She glanced at me and I simply nodded.

"That's good. David did you start on your homework as well?" She asked. I couldn't help the snicker escape my lips.

"I was going to. But then Chelsea snuck into my room," David explained, causing his mom to laugh.

"Oh, David. You and your jokes." She shook her head again, before taking another bite of her lettuce. I furrowed my brows and squished my nose up in disgust.

"One of these days you're going to get a disease. Since we all know you don't use protection," I hissed, forgetting to mind my manners. David's mom almost choked on her salad, and her fork hung loosely in her hand.

"I am surprised you even pay attention. However, the rumor about that is incorrect. I don't wish to be a father any time soon. As you have guessed, I am too self centered to share my mother and father's love." He winked, taking a huge bite from his complete meat burger. "You are more than welcome to find out yourself."

"In your dreams," I hiss.

"No, I'm fairly sure it's yours. We all know you're saving yourself for me." He chuckled, almost choking on his food. Serves him right.

"This isn't an appropriate topic for dinner," his mother scolded, shifting her eyes from David to me.

"Sorry," David and I both muttered in unison and continued eating our dinner.

I wondered why David's mother and father never had anymore children. I mean my parents couldn't afford anymore. They say I'm all they needed, even though they wished they had more. But for David's family, I was always curious. Considering they aren't poor at all.

"Did you hear me?" David's mom cut me off from my thoughts. Creating a great deal of confusion and irritation to appear on my face. "Don't give me that look, you will not complain and you will be quick at getting some stuff. Understood? I'm going to get your room ready for you now."

"Great," David spat once his mom was upstairs. I turned my attention to him and gave him that 'what the fuck' look.

"What's going on again?" I asked, heading to David's truck.

"You're staying at my place for the night," He repeated what his mother had said, I assumed.

"Oh?" I mutter, not really paying attention to what he said still. It wasn't until we were in front of my house, and David didn't drive off immediately that I processed it. "Wait, what the hell?! No." I hurried to the side of his truck door, and he rolled the window down. "Leave me here, tell your mom I'm perfectly fine by myself."

"No can do. Ever since the robbery down the street and that lady died, your mom said if they aren't home then you wont be home neither." He sounded like my mom, even mimicked her voice at the ending of that sentence.

"Shut up." I stomped to my front door and unlocked it. I went down the small hall and to my room. I grabbed my yellow suitcase and grabbed clothes. After packing them, I went back to David's truck and got inside.

"Don't go snooping in my room neither." He continued to go on and on as we made it to his house. Don't do this. Don't do that. Most certainly knock before coming inside. Blah blah.

"Shut up, David! You stay where you are and I'll stay where I am. Out of each other's business." I established the rules and got out of his truck.

"Oh and no drugs," he lastly added. I stopped and turned to him.

"My business and yours," I repeated. He quickly walked over to me, causing me to panick and push him away. Once I did that, he shoved me against his truck. "Stop David!" I screamed.

"No, Monique. I mean it. No drugs," he spat, then held my wrists with one hand above my head. I glared into his eyes, as our faces were merely inches apart.

"Okay!" I agreed, but he dug into my pockets with his other free hand and grabbed my pills. "What the hell David." I jumped on him, trying to get them back but he kept a hand out and blocked me. "Give it back."

"I said no drugs," he chuckled, hurrying inside his house. I grabbed my stuff and quickly followed him. We both ran up the stairs where I dropped my suit case, I chased him into his room and then to his bathroom where he held them over the toilet. "I dare you. Make another move."

"Stop being an asshole, David. I wont do them. You can check when I'm about to go home if they're still there or not," I assured, shifting my eyes to the pills then to him. "Please."

"No." He dropped them and flushed. I hovered over the toilet and stared down at them as they disappeared. I glared and shoved past him. "It was for the best."

"You don't even know what the best is," I growled, going into the room his mom set up for me. The room I always stayed in when we were younger. The room that is declared MY room. I slammed the door shut, and tossed my luggage on the floor. I dropped my back pack on the desk chair then collapsed on the bed. I hate David Porter.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Any thoughts?