Join Me In Death

Chapter Two

Bam’s eyes grew wide, not sure whether the voice had been real or not. He reached over and shut off the stereo, straining his ears for any noise. “Hullo?” he called out, receiving no reply. Everything seemed still, the only sounds being his heart beating loudly in his chest and his own breathing.

“Now I’m hearing things…” he mumbled sadly. His ears perked up again slightly as he heard footsteps moving towards him. He was frozen as the owner of the voice climbed onto his bed and hovered over him. Soft fingers sifted through the curls that hung down on his forehead.

“Vi…Ville?” Bam slurred. He was met by a gentle laugh.

“You’re smashed, Bam-Bam. I could smell the vodka from the other side of the room.”

“Ville!” Bam threw his arms around him and clung to Ville for dear life. “I knew it wasn’t true… You couldn’t be dead…”

Ville rubbed his back, resting on the bed next to him. “Just sleep it off, baby…” He curled his body around Bam’s and held him close. Bam relaxed against Ville and sighed contently, closing his eyes and letting sleep take hold of him, finally feeling safe again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April peeked into Bam’s shadowy bedroom at one in the afternoon. Large curtains shielded out the sun, cloaking the room in complete darkness at all times. She turned on the ceiling light and entered the room, shutting the door behind her.

The light fell on Bam’s face and caused him to stir from his sleep. He groaned, his inevitable hangover hitting him roughly.

“Morning, sweetheart…”

Bam turned and buried his face in his pillow. “Not so loud…” he moaned, wincing.

April hurried over and kneeled down next to his bed. “Here… drink this…” She said quietly, offering him a tall glass of water. He glanced at it and groaned, accepted it from her and chugging it down. She held out two small aspirin and he swallowed them quickly.

“How are you feeling?” She asked and he opened his mouth to respond but suddenly remembered the night before. He whipped around, feeling like his brain was ripping in half from his headache, and looked at his bed.

“Bam? Honey? What is it?”

“Wha… Where is he?!”

“Where’s… who?” April inquired, incredibly confused.

“Ville!” Bam cried, and April gave him a very worried look. “He was here! Last night! He was right here!” Bam stared at the empty spot where his lover had been.

“You were dreaming, Bammie..”

”No, I wasn’t! He was here… He said he was sorry for leaving me… and he told me I was really drunk and he.. he held me in his arms again…” Bam broke down crying. “It couldn’t have been a dream!”

“My poor baby boy…” April sat on the bed and stroked her son’s hair as he sobbed into her lap.