A World Behind those Eyes

5

O ---------------------S--------------------- O

(fast forward 9 years…now 16)

I dried the plate and stacked it onto the rest as I heard light footsteps. “Good morning Ms.Nison, I’ve already cleaned the dishes and made breakfast.” I smiled as she pat my shoulder.
“How thoughtful of you Syel, thank you, but you should have slept longer.”
“Oh its okay, I’m fine and I know how hard you work at the school house.”
“Your such a good boy Syel, you can treat yourself to one of the muffins Ms. Tark backed. Oh and please wake up the girls while I set up the table.”

“Sure thing, and thank you.” I walked towards the table and ran my hand across it until I found the basket of muffins. I picked one up and took a bite, blueberry…my favorite. When I finished my muffin I walked towards the twins room and knocked on the door. I had been in this house since I was 7 years old and now I’m 16, so I had lived here for 9 years. I now know this house like the back of my hand and despite being blind can find my way through most of it without any help. I say most of it because I wasn’t allowed in certain areas, mainly the room that Mr. Nison kept under lock and key.

I knocked on the door again. “Girls, its time to get up. Come on your both 10, you shouldn’t need someone coming in to get you up.” I stayed silent and listened, I heard giggles from the other side so I knew they were both awake. I twisted the doorknob and walked inside the room. “Girls…come on breakfast is ready.” I turned to the sound of something soft falling on the floor. I turned back around and bit back a scream as 2 bodies collided with mine and brought us all to the floor.

“Syel!” The girls yelled at the same time and started giggling when I managed to pick them both up and walk out of the room.
“Yes?”
“You know we love you Syel, right?” I thought back to my father but pushed aside the memory as soon as it came.
“Of course Myra, and I love all of you too.” I smiled down at them and laughed when they giggled.
“Aww Syel we wont be here to play with you today, we have school.” Mika said sadly while she pat my shoulder.
“Girls did you make poor Syel here, carry you 2 again?” I set the girls down at the table.
“No Mother.” They both said at the same time.
“Hmm…hurry up and finish eating, you 2 have to go to school. Oh Syel you’ll have the house to yourself, I’ll be at the school house and my husband is in the forest gathering wood, is that okay?”

“Yes, that’s fine.” After everyone finished breakfast and left, I sat next to the open window in the kitchen and listened to the birds sing. I must have dozed off cause I was soon awoken by the sound of the door slamming open and heavy footsteps entering the house. They were Mr. Nison’s but there was something off about them, that’s when I smelled alcohol and heard something glass crash to the floor.
“Syel!” I stood and backed away from the window. Mr. Nison never came home drunk, and I didn’t like the way he said my name. “Sygggelll getsss oberr here! Now!” Fear coursed through me as I heard him coming towards me. I tried to run towards the door but slammed into the floor when he tripped me. I whimpered when he grabbed me roughly and twisted my arms behind my back and pulled me up. “Ssssuch a pwetty face…” I whimpered again as he tied my hands together and pulled me roughly by the hair through the house. We passed the kitchen, the twins room, his room and stooped at the locked room. I heard the sound of the door creaking open and tried to run, but all that got me was a fist colliding into my face. I yelped out in pain.

“Wh-what are you d-doing?” I stumbled as he pushed me inside the room.
“Gonna hab me suuum fun.” He pushed me down onto a bed and crawled on top of me. I whimpered as he pinned my hands down and attacked my neck with his tongue.
“P-please s-stop!” He lifted my arms and tied them to the bed post while squeezing my neck so I wouldn’t struggle. He lifted my shirt over my head and ran his fingers down my chest. I flinched away from his touch.

“Sssuch a nike boby…” I whimpered again as he licked down my chest and gasped as he began grinding his lower half into mine.
“No! Stop!” I started squirming around, but that only seemed to entice him even more because he grabbed ’me’ through my pants and I screamed. My head exploded in pain as Mr. Nison’s fist collided with the side of my face. Through the throbbing pain, I heard the door slam open and heard Mr. Nison yell as something slammed into him, knocking him off me. I flinched and tugged uselessly at my binded hands as I heard his screams.

“Hep! Get ob me!” I flinched again as I heard something snap, liquid running, and no longer heard Mr. Nison’s voice or struggles. My heart beat even faster when I smelled the metallic scent of…blood. I whimpered as something jumped on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
any errors please let me know..