A World Behind those Eyes

6

O --------------------T-------------------- O

I jumped lightly onto the bed, not wanting to spook him. My ears flattened against my head when he whimpered in fright. A soft mewl passed my lips and my body slumped against the bed. I lightly crawled towards the frightened boy.

“Wh-whose th-there?” My black ears arched forward at the sound of his silky voice. His sight less eyes darted back and forth while my eyes scanned over his body. He had changed since the last time I had seen him, well over almost a year ago. I had been keeping track of him, basically to the point of stalking him and looking at him now, I was glad. His skin had remained that white cream color, his hair was still as dark as the night sky but he had grown taller and leaner and now had some muscles to him. His lips were still light pink but had filled in a little, making them so inviting. My tail twitched and flicked against his leg.
“Ahh!” I pressed my side against his, savoring in the feeling of his body’s heat. “Oh it’s a just a dog…or maybe a cat?” I mewled again and let out a throaty purr. He laughed and I smiled. “Do you think you could untie me boy? Or girl, I’m not sure what you are…” I closed my eyes and focused on his voice as he mumbled on about not knowing my gender or species.

Heat flooded through my body as I focused on my inner self, as I focused on this boy’s voice, arms, legs, torso and eyes. A tingly feeling soon replaced the heat, electrifying every nerve and causing my body to tremble.
“What’s wrong boy? Or girl? Are you hurt?” My back arched upward and I began screeching in pain as I felt it snap and the rest of my bones soon followed. “What was that!?” My screeches soon turned to human like growls. I opened my eyes and looked down in time to see my claws retract and loose the black fur on them and turn into human fingers with sun-kissed skin stretched over them. I smiled and stretched out my arms, human arms, and stood up on human legs.

“Wow its been a long time since I’ve been in this form.” My head snapped around to the sound of someone gasping.
“Whose th-there?” I bent down and untied the boy, letting my tail stroke his wrists gently. Yeah, I still kept my tail and animal ears in human form.
“Calm down Syel. I’m here to help you.” I reluctantly gave him back his shirt and almost drooled when I watched him slip it on. I loved the way his muscles flexed when he stretched.
“Wh-who are you? How d-did you get in here? And where did the dog go?” He shakily stood up and stretched his arms out, looking for the door. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it when he flinched.

“My name is Terran and I uh…kind of broke down the door when I heard you yelling.” I led him out of the room and towards his own room. I let go of his hand and lit the candle he had on his desk but jumped and spun around when I heard a loud thud and a yell. “Syel!”
“Over here…Terran.” I found him lying on the floor with a sad look on his face. “I tripped over my own feet…can you help me up?” I smiled and walked over to him. Bending down I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him up. He squeaked and pushed me away when he stood up. “Why aren’t you wearing any clothes?!” I looked down and blushed.

“Oops my bad,” I pulled on some of his clothes and sat next to him on the bed.
“Why were you walking around with no clothes on? That’s highly indecent.” I laughed and ran my fingers through my hair to stop myself from touching him, I didn’t want to make him even more uncomfortable.
“I wasn’t outside or anything so don’t worry about that.”
“Oh okay...where did Mr. Nison go?”
“He uh…uh…he’s dead Syel.”
“What?!” His head whipped around at the meaning of my words. “H-he can’t be d-dead! Mrs. Nison is gonna think I killed him! I‘ll be sent to prison! And now the girls don’t have a father…” His breathing had quickened and he was now panicking.
“Calm down Syel… calm down.” I pat his shoulder in an effort to comfort him.

“I can’t calm down! I’m a blind 16 year old boy who would have it very rough he got sent to prison! I’d probably would get killed! I don’t want to die Terran!” He launched himself at me and clung to me. Tears crawled down his rosy cheeks. “What do I do?” I pat his shoulder and hugged him to my chest while rocking us back and forth.
“Syel your going to be fine, I’m the one who killed that man so don’t worry, your not the one who would be going to prison, it would be me.” I smiled as his breathing calmed down and his tears stopped falling.
“I d-don’t really know you but I d-don’t want you going to p-prison either…just for p-protecting me.” I pushed the hair in front of his face away.
“Syel…you don’t know me but…I’ve been here all along. I was there when your father died and when you were sold as a slave, I’ve been here, hiding in the shadows watching you grow…”
“You’ve been watching m-me?” He scooted his body away from me, making me frowm.

“Yes but I wont hurt you…I would never hurt you Syel.”
“Wh-who are you?” I sighed and looked away from the boy’s beautiful face.
“Syel…I’m not like other people.”
“What d-do you mean?”
“I-I’m not entirely…human.” I whispered the last word and looked down at my too human hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun..