Status: More Comments= More Chapters

I Wanna Feel Weightless

Chapter 4

***Carlin's P.O.V***

I closed my locker with my change of clothing bag in hand. This time I wasn't skipping Chem today, this was actually on time today. I walked into the auditorium to be greeted by Brandon he gave me a kiss on the lips. Oh, Brandon and I were now a real couple. I was hoping a boyfriend would help me feel happy.

It's been two weeks since All Time Low walk out of my front door. We've talked, well mostly texted sometimes I would call Alex if I needed help with poetry which I was getting better out. Every time I called Alex would tell me to stop doing homework and start partying I would just laugh. Though we had not talked about if I was going to be in the band. I guess they just didn't want me and yeah I was majorly bummed.

I was changed and ready to get started.

"Carlin why are you wearing that go get your whites!" Leah said

"It's the day?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah do you have your paint?" Leah asked

"It's been in the storage room for a month." I said and ran to go change again. Your probably wondering what today was. It was painting day. It started off with the crew being too lazy to paint the set and they had told the cast to help. It ended with a spray paint fight and now two years later we all get white clothing and as we paint we sing and spray each other with spray paint with will come off and that is non- toxic, by the end we all have kick ass outfits. It was one of the best days of my year.

I came out and hit the play button. California Gurls by Katy Perry came on and we all started to dance. By the end of the song I had blue, pink, and green paint on me. The next song was Hot Mess by Cobra Starship.

"Gabe Saporta?" Leah asked This was a game all the girls play.

"8" I said

"9" Morgan said

"Who is Gabe Saporta?" Cailin asked we shook our heads

"Christofer Drew?" Morgan asked Leah and I swooned

"Oh my god I would take him so fast!" Leah said

"He is too hot for numbers!" I said

"I'm hotter than Christofer Drew right?" Jack said coming from back stage.

"JACK?" I screamed and ran to hug him. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"CARLYKINS!" Jack said and gave me a big hug

"Were here to ask if you want to be in this little band." Zack came out.

"Yeah, it's called All Time Low they really suck, the only hot one is the drummer and the lead singer is complete ass but do you wanna join anyway?" Rian said

I hugged them both as hard as I could. "Rian you're a complete jackass." I heard Alex say and ran to him, I also gave him a hug.

"You really want me to be in the band? Or are you just fucking with me?" I said

"Well both, yes you can be in the band and no, Rian is not the hot one in the band." Jack said "I am."

"No I am." Alex said

"neither of you are it's Zack" I said and then winked. Everyone laughed except Alex and Jack who were pouting. James had turned the music of and smiled.

"You knew the whole time didn't you?" I asked him

"Well, yeah." He said

"UGH! JAMES!" I said and gave him a hug.

"Well do you want to be in the band?" Alex asked

"YES!" I screamed and gave him another hug. There was a lot of hugging going around.

"What are your plans for today?" Jack asked

"well, I have homework and I have to clean my room it's a mess and if you guys plan on staying the night then I really need to make room for the beds." I said

"HUDDLE!" Alex yelled and the band got into a little huddle. They all whispered but I did hear Jack scream "BUT I LIKE SLEEPING OVER CAIRLIN'S HOUSE!" and then the boys shushed him. Everyone was standing silent around the huddle.

When I got annoyed I said, "Does anyone else notice that huddle is a combination of the words hug and cuddle?" After that the boys backed away blushing.

"Well, you can clean but your skipping ALL of your homework tonight and you are going to be roickstarified." Jack said

"But-" I started

"NO BUTS!" Alex said "Were taking you shopping and for a hair cut though you don't really need it." he said toughing my hair.

"Fine but I need to take a shower." I said looking down. I was COVERED in paint.

"OKAY!" Jack said "Zack get her."

Zack picked me up. Rian got my bag and I was carried out of the room. We drove to my house in the van. I was carried (still) up the stairs and into my bathroom.

***Alex's P.O.V***

I watched as Zack carried the insanely beautiful girl into the bathroom. He placed her on the floor and walked out closing the door behind him.

"This place is a mess!" Jack said

"Yeah, I always pictured her as someone who has all of her shit together." Rian said picking up one of her sweatshirts and putting it on a hook.

"I'm worried that she so mature because of what happened to her sister." I said

"Sure that has to change you some how." Zack said

"We have to get her to loosen up." I said

"I think we can handle that" Jack said.

I flicked on the TV and went to MTV. Our silent library episode was on. We were all eating those god damn nachos.

"Dude that was killer." Rian said

"Yeah I almost puked." Jack said

"First of all you did puke and second you didn't have to eat them. Pansy." I said

"Shut up!"

We watched the rest of the episode laughed when Rian got hit in the balls while he winced and then I heard the water of the shower cut off. I saw the door open.

"Umm guys I forgot some clothes." I heard Carlin say.

"Okay what do you need?' I asked going over to her dresser.

"Um just get me some pants, a shirt, and some.. Umm.. underwear and a bra." She said and blushed.

"Sure" I said and closed the door

I grabbed a pair of plaid boxers that had the name 'Derek' written in them. I looked around some more and found a black tank top. I opened the top drawer and found her bras and underwear. I grabbed a random pair quickly skimming though them. Gaskarth, A voice inside my head said, she's fifteen stop thinking with your dick. I shook my head and grabbed a push up bra just to piss her off.

I went to the bathroom door and knocked on it. She opened it and stuck her face though. "I didn't think of you as the lacey panties kind of girl." I said

She blushed, stuck her tongue out at me and closed the door. She came back out a minute later. She picked up her phone a dialed a number. She put it to her ear and sat down cross legged on her bed. Damn that push up bra did it's job. She's fifteen Gaskarth that little voice said again. Fuck.

"Daddy?" she said

Pause.

"Can you come home for dinner tonight? I need to talk with you?"

Pause.

"Really?"

Pause.

"Thank you so much daddy, love you!" she said and smiled

Pause. Her face fell and she hung up the phone.

"One down one to go." she said and dialed another number.

"Mommy?"

Pause.

"Hi, can you be home for a late dinner? About 8:30?"

Pause.

"AWESOME! Thanks mom bye love you." she said and smiled

Pause. Again her face fell and she hung up the phone.

"Well I have finally got my parents both home for dinner!" she said and ran out the door to her balcony that was inside of the house.

"Kev!" she yelled

"Yeah Carlin?" he yelled back

"Mom and Dad are going to be home for dinner!" She said

"Really?" he said

"YEAH!" she yelled

"Awesome what time?" Kevin said

"8:30."

"OKAY!"

She came back into the room her hair still dripping. "What should I make for dinner?" she asked

"Nothing. We can make it." Rian said

"You can cook?" she asked I couldn't help but laugh at the skeptic look in her eyes.

"Yep, We can make steak and potatoes." Jack said

"No Jack remember what happened last time you went near the baroque?" I said

"Oh yeah maybe you should do the steaks..." he said and I nodded.

"So do you guys want to watch TV in the basement while I clean?" she asked

"No way! We can help" I said

"Yeah and then the faster we can take you shopping." Jack said

"okay!" she said and went over her computer. She put her iTunes play list on shuffle. Dammit by Blink- 182 came on and she danced over to her bed to make it.

"You fit into this band like a very easy five piece puzzle." Jack said

She shook her head and laughed.

We were done cleaning in about 30 minutes. It would have been less if Jack hadn't kept fucking everything up. Carlin changed and soon enough we were in the car on the way to Stamford, CT's mall.

When we arrived we went straight to Hot Topic.

"So this is where I spend most of my money." Carlin said and she walked in.

"Oh my god its All Time Low!" A girl said

"Hi!" I said

"Can you take a picture?" The girl said and I nodded. We all came together and Carlin went off into an aisle of the store.

"Listen can you not tell anyone that where here. Do it and Jack will give you a hug…" I said and the girl quickly agreed. Jack hugged her and she left the store.

We met back up with Carlin who was looking though the skinny jeans.

"Is I always like that?" she asked

"Sometimes" Rian said "If I just came in with you no one would notice." he said and laughed

"Aww Rian I would notice!" she said and hugged him he laughed.

"I like these jeans Jack said and gave them to her. They were black with rips all over them.

"Alright " she said and then I handed her another pair that were acid wash.

"And these." I said

"Okay…" she said and soon enough it was just her walking around the store following Jack and I who were throwing clothing at her.

"Now go try them on." Jack said and pushed her into the dressing room.

She came out with outfit after outfit on. She refused to try on the sluttier stuff we had put into a pile and soon enough we had 4 new outfits for her. She had brought the clothing to the check out counter and brought out her credit card.

"Nope!" I said and handed the check out woman my card. She had black hair with a scene haircut and was staring me up and down. It was a little creepy.

"No way!" she said

"Yes way." I said

"No way! I hate when people spend money on me!" she said

"Well get used to it darling because were going to at least two more stores and were paying for your haircut." I said

"I call paying for the next store." Jack said

"Why the hell do you want to pay for a girl who you have known for a grant total of two weeks new clothing?" she asked

"Because when you wear it you'll think of us!" Jack said

"I'm going to be living with you on a bus isn't that enough?" She asked

"No." I said and handed her the bag that the cashier just handed me.

"Now what other stores do you go to?" Rian asked

"Forever 21." she said

"OKAY! Let's go!" Jack said

We shopped and Carlin had started to say that she didn't want anything so that we wouldn't buy her anything It didn't work on us.

She did trick us once she had asked if we wanted ice cream and we had said yes while we were waiting in line she had quickly snuck off to Victoria's Secret. She was so damn proud of her self.

"No where do you go for your hair?" I asked once we had gotten into the van.

"Vincent's hair salon. It's just around the comer from here." she said and told Rian (who was driving where to go.

We all got out of the car and walked into the hair salon.

"Carlin! Is it time already?" a man with gray hair asked.

"No but I'm going to be away for a while." She said

"Finally getting away from your parents." he asked I picked up on his heavy Italian accent.

"No, well kind of I'm going to be tour and stuff with this band, All Time Low." she said and smiled

"Congrats Darling!" he said

"I'm sorry that I don't have an appointment. Can you squeeze me in?" she asked, always so polite.

"I always have a chair for you." he said and took her took her to the back most chair. The rest were full. She handed me her coat.

"Well what do you want darling?" he asked

"The same, trim, fix my bangs, and highlights." she said

"Okay, boys you can wait right there." Vincent said and motion to the waiting area. We all walked down and sat down. Vincent sprayed her hair with water (I think) and just then I felt heard her phone ring.

"Car you got a text message from Brandon." I said

"Can I see?" she asked

"How is Brandon?" I asked as I handed her the phone

"Well we are dating now." she said and laughed at whatever the text said. Dating? she was dating. Why did I hate that idea so much, she was allowed to date I wasn't her brother, or her boyfriend. FIFTEEN the voice in my head said again. How the fuck do you shut him up?

***Carlin's P.O.V***

My hair looked awesome when Vincent was done. I snapped a picture and sent it to Brandon. He texted back: Sexy ;) I smiled and walked into the waiting area.

"You look awesome." Jack said

"Crap. It's 6:45 we have to go cook dinner." I said

We all plied into the car. I sat next to Alex who was looking at me funny. I pretended like I didn't notice. We got into the house and Rian started up the grill. while I prepared the potatoes.

"So did you get into the band?" Kevin asked as he came running down the stairs.

"Yeah is that okay?" I asked

"Of Course. I can hold down the fort." He said "Hey Zack come help me set the table." He said making a not so smooth try at talking to Zack about protecting me. I rolled my eyes.

About an hour and a half later my parents walked though the door. The table was set and dinner was on it. We all sat down.

"This looks good. Who are these boys?" My father asked in the same monotone that he had been using since Amy died.

"Well Daddy, this is the band All Time Low Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack. They want me to join the band. The school has arranged online classes and I will still be able to graduate from Stamford High. The forms are all set there. I would be away a lot though on tour, making a record, press stuff and-" I said but was cut off.

"Okay, when do you leave?" my mother asked.

"Do you need papers signed?" My father asked.

"Yeah here you go sir." Alex said and handed him the forms.

"I would be leaving in three days." I said

"Fine." He said and signed the paper. He then passed it to my mother who also signed it. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Thank you." I said. I took the papers and ran up to my room before the tears could escape. I locked the door behind me.

"Carlin open up!" Kevin said I just cried some more not leaving my bed.

"Carlykins…" Jack said I ignored them all

They stopped speaking loudly but I could still hear their voices dimly.

"Raquel has a key to her room." Alex said

"Alright." Kevin said

"Hello? Raquel? Can you come over Carlin ha locked her self in her room." Kevin said

"Okay. Thanks see you soon." he said after that everyone stayed silent for the ten minutes that it took Raquel to get here. I cried the whole time. How could they not even care?

I then heard the door unlock. "Carlin?" I heard Raquel say. I just buried my face into the pillow.

"They don't even care that I'm leaving!" I said but even I barely understood it.

"What?" Kevin said

"Oh, honey I'm sure they do care." Raquel said

"How the fuck-" I heard Alex start

"Shut the fuck up Alex!" I heard Raquel yell. I laughed and pulled my head off of the pillow.

I wiped my eyes and hugged Raquel.

"I am going to miss you so much." I said

"I am too and if you don't call me everyday there is going to be such hell to pay!" she said

"I love you" I said and hugged her tighter.

I then broke off and hugged Kevin. "I'm sorry I'm leaving you here all alone." I said

"NO! do not feel bad. You need to be a kid again. You haven't been one since Amy died. She would want you to do this. I don't want you to feel bad about anything just have fun." he said and I nodded into his chest.

I wiped my eyes again.

"I need to go, but I'm sleeping over tomorrow okay?" Raquel said

"Okay" I laughed and then yawned.

"Bed time!" Jack said and Kevin walked out of the room. We set up the air mattresses and going into our pajamas.

"Anyone want to share the bed with me tonight? I'm feeling kind of lonely?" I said and smiled. Jack and Alex started to wrestle for it. I don't know how it worked but apparently Alex won and hopped into the bed.

"Goodnight" I said and turned off the light. Amy would want me to do this.. wouldn't she?
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! You should subscribe and comment. :) But no pressure