Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

“Now,” Victor laid his hand on Avalee’s upper thigh. “Please?”

“Victor, maybe not tonight. I’d feel weird thinking about what Tess said.”

“But, you know that wasn’t true,” Victor mumbled.

"I know that," she sighed as she felt her heart racing. "But the fact is, if we do that I'd feel like she was right."

"But she isn't," he frowned as he rubbed her knee, instead of her thigh. "I don't want you just because of your body, yes I do want it more than anything right now, but that's not why I want you, I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered as she pulled the back of his head up, connecting her lips with his, after a few minutes of kissing she pulled away for air. "Maybe we could, but let's not rush things, make it romantic please?"

"Of course," he whispered as he leaned down and kissed the middle of her chest once, then raised back up. "No other way."

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," he grinned as he winked and pulled her into a rough, yet passionate kiss.

-----Hour-----

“Victor…” Ava panted as she laid her head back on the seat.

“Yes?” He slipped his shirt on.

“I’m so tired, can I go home?”

“Of course,” He smiled at Ava.

“Thank you,” She beamed back before closing her eyes. "I love you."

"I love you to baby, go to sleep, I'll take you in."

"My brother will kick you're ass," she yawned as she opened her eyes with difficulty. "I'll just walk in."

"Why don't you stay with me tonight?" he asked with a smile.

"I can't do that," she said in shock. "My bro-"

"Won't know that you're not at a friend’s house, just run in and tell him that you're running to someone's house for the night, make someone up for a history project or some shit, then run and get in the car."

“Victor, I can’t lie to my brother,” Ava shook her head.

“Yes, you can, it’s easy!”

“No, it’s not that simple,” She explained. “I can’t lie to him, I have a horrible conscious.”

“How bad can it be?” Victor asked.

“It’ll eat at me till I tell the truth,” Avalee opened the car door and stepped out. “I’ll try.”

“That’s all I ask.”

“Okay,” Ava smiled before walking into the house and finding her brother sitting at the kitchen table… With Tessa. "Oh shit," she whispered as she glanced at both their faces.
"Hey…guys."

"Sit down," Bret demanded as he glared at his little sister, she knew right then she was in deep shit. "Dating a gang member Avalee? I thought you knew better!"

"What?" she said with wide eyes as she turned to Tessa. "You said he was a gang member Tess! He's not a gang member!"

"Avalee, he's a gang member, I looked up the tattoos the guys have on the internet when I got home, he's in a gang, a very powerful gang and he's the leader, that's why he had that cocaine."

Avalee glanced at her brother who was fuming by now. "Did you do the cocaine too Avalee? Did he force it on you?" he asked gritting his teeth.

"No Bret! He's not like that; he hasn't forced anything on me! He wouldn't do that, he loves me," Avalee cried out as her tears streamed down her face. "Tessa why are you doing this?"

"I'm trying to protect you Ava," she whispered as she looked down to her hands. "I think you should listen to us, don't date him anymore and stay away."

"No," Avalee stood up and ran from the house, she heard her brother and Tessa yelling for her to come back but she threw the door open and ran for the mustang, when Victor seen her running from a tall man behind her, he threw her door open and turned on the car, as soon as she jumped in he booked it from the parking place he was in, spinning his tires and making smoke.

"What happened?" Victor demanded. "Avalee what the hell happened? Did he hurt you?"

"No, no he thinks you hurt me!" she cried.

“Fuck!” Victor slammed his hands on the steering wheel as he drove. “Why?!”

“Tess… She told him… I-I didn’t know you were in a gang,” Ava looked up to him, still crying.

“Oh shit, Ava. I didn’t want you to find out like this,” Victor sighed and shook his head.

“But not only that, you’re the leader,” Ava rubbed her eyes. “Why? Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“Because I was scared of what you would think,” Victor said softly.

"I would have been scared I'll admit, but keeping it from me like this makes matters worse Victor, you kill people don't you?" she asked as her tears resurfaced.

"Ava-" he sighed as he rubbed his head. "Don't ask that question please."

"You do," she looked down at her hands. "Please pull over, I want to go home."

"What?" he asked shocked as he turned to her. "What? No you-"

"I just need time to think, I don't like things sprung up on me and this is one hell of a bombshell, Victor if you love me you'll give me time, please pull over."

"Alright," he cleared his throat, sounding cold and distant. "When you…think about it call me."

“I don’t know…” Ava shook her head as Victor pulled over and she exited the car. He began tearing up as he pulled away, leaving Avalee to walk home.

“Ava!” Tessa panted, running up to her. “Why the fuck did you run?”

“Tess,” Avalee looked down at the ground and cried. “You we’re right.”

“What?”

“You… You were right. I shouldn’t be with him. He’s bad news,” Ava sobbed.

“Oh, Avalee,” Tessa said softly and pulled her into a hug. “Don’t cry.”

“I-I love him…” Avalee cried as she fell to her knees, the rain began to fall as Avalee rolled her eyes, what a cliché thing to have done, she gets her heart broken and it rains while she cries.

Maybe the angels were crying with her.

"Honey," Bret ran up behind Tessa who was holding Avalee as they sat on the ground, getting soaked. "Come here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image