Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

“That doesn’t mean shit,” Jacob butted in. “They don’t always stop it.”

“True that, Jacob,” Tess nodded. “I’m sure you’re not pregnant, and it’s just a quick flu.”

“Let’s hope,” Avalee pulled her head back into the window and closed her eyes.

"Yeah," Victor whispered as he pulled out into the road. "Let's hope."

-----Victor's House-----

"You're brother found out we're back when we called the school," Tessa explained as she lay back on the couch in Jacob's lap.

"Shit," was all Avalee said as Victor smoothed her hair back, trying to make her feel better.

“Yeah, Bret’s pretty upset,” Tess said. “Better avoid him for a bit.”

“I bet that’d be smart,” Ava nodded. “Damn, I feel like shit.”

“Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?” Jacob asked.

“Nuh-uh,” Avalee shook her head.

“Well maybe you should.”

"I'm too scared to," she whispered as she closed her eyes, Victor kissed her lips softly and wiped away the tears flowing down her face.

"I'll be here for you," he whispered against her lips, he pulled away and smiled. "How about you and I go pick up a test and then you can get it off your mind when it says negative."

"But what if it says positive?" Jacob asked as he looked over at his friend. "Dude what will you do?"

"The right thing," he nodded his head slowly then smiled. "Start a family."

“I-I can’t even get near them,” Ava shook her head.

“Alright then,” Victor sighed and stood up. “I’ll go get a test and bring it back.”

“Okay,” Everyone nodded as Victor grabbed his car keys and walked out of the house.

“What about you and Jacob?” Avalee turned to Tessa.

“What about us?”

“Well, you two are obviously sexually active,” Ava laughed slightly. “You guys use protection?”

“I’m on the pill,” Tessa nodded.

“Yeah,” Jacob added. “I said she didn’t have to, but she insisted.”

"I'm so stupid," Avalee whispered as she rubbed her forehead. "I mean, I want kids, I love them but I figured I would at least be out of my teens."

"Hey, you'll be a great mommy," Tessa smiled as she patted Avalee's leg. "Victor will be a good dad, I think."

"He will," Jacob nodded his head as he turned to Tessa. "He won't admit it, but he loves kids."

"I'm scared," Avalee explained as she looked at them both. "What if I'm pregnant, will Victor be happy?"

“Ecstatic,” Jacob grinned at me. “Happiest man alive.”

“Really?” Ava asked, wide eyed.

“Yes, really,” Jacob nodded. “He loves kids. So much, and has always wanted a family. Considering he never really had one…”

“What?”

“Victor never told you?” Jacob questioned.

“Told me what?”

"He hasn't ever had a family life Avalee, his mother died a year after he was born and his dad abused him until he moved out and became what he was when you met him," Jacob shrugged his shoulders. "He wanted to be a good father since he never had one; he wants his kids to have a chance."

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"I'm sure he had his reasons, I only know because I've grown up with him Avalee, he doesn't like talking about it," Jacob whispered as he patted Avalee's head. "Don't worry, he'll tell you eventually."

“Why didn’t he tell me already?” Ava sighed. “I mean, we’re married.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Tessa shook her head and hit Jacob’s shoulder. “Why’d you have to say anything? As if she’s not upset enough…”

“I’m sorry,” He leaned down and kissed Tessa’s lips softly, making her giggle. Avalee fake gagged and stuck out her tongue.

“You guys are so in love.”

"You think?" Jacob rolled his eyes and laughed as Tessa slapped him again. "Stop hitting me."

"You liked it las-"

"Oh," Avalee ran from the couch to the bathroom and threw up her lunch into the porcelain king.

"Did we gag you that much?" Tessa ran in and held her hair up at the ends. "I'm sorry—"

"No, you didn't do it, my stomach agreed it didn't like what I ate and heaved it up my throat," Avalee wiped her mouth on the toilet paper.

“Oh,” Tessa sighed. “Ewww.”

“Ewww is right,” Jacob added.

“Guys, stop making fun of me,” Avalee mumbled into the toilet seat, which her head was laid upon her right arm.

“We’re not, your just delusional, now,” Tessa laughed slightly.

"Not delusional, just sick," Avalee concluded then added. "In the stomach and in the head."

"Not so much in the head as we thought," Jacob said leaning against the doorframe. "Come on honey, you need to lie down."

"I don't want to move," Avalee whispered as she leaned her head against her arm which was propped against the bowl lid now.

"Pick her up," Tessa said as she stepped back, Avalee looked up just in time to have Jacob pick her up slowly, making sure not to upset her stomach and it end up on the front of his nice blue shirt. He walked Ava into Victor’s bedroom and laid her carefully on the bed.

“Thank you,” Ava said softly, burying her face in the pillow.

“No problem,” He smiled at Ava as she fell asleep. Jacob and Tessa walked back out into the living room and took a seat on the couch.

“Do you really think Victor will be happy is Ava is pregnant?” Tess asked Jacob as she got comfortable in his lap. “Or were you bluffing?”

“I wasn’t lying, hopefully. I think he’d be really happy,” Jacob reassured. “But what do I know…”

"You know a lot," she teased as she kissed his lips softly, right when the front door opened and a soaking wet Victor Todd walked in with angered eyes. "Victor?"

"I fucking hate when it rains," he shook his head like a dog and threw his jacket in a chair by the door. "Where's Ava?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment and tell me what you think guys.