Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

“Bye,” Avalee said softly, Victor kissing the top of her head, as they both left the house, Avalee turned to Tessa. "Why does he like me?"

"I'm not sure," Tessa mumbled as she turned to Avalee. "No offence sweetie, but it's really…sudden."

"I know," Avalee mumbled as she turned to Tessa as they made their way down the street. "It's highly strange."

"You think?"

"No, I know."

"Duh."

"Ha," Avalee mumbled sarcastically as she stood in front of the street. "How are we getting home?"

"I have no clue," Tessa murmured as she held her hand up for a cab. "Wait do you have money?"

"None, do you?"

"No I don't," Avalee said wide eyed as she glanced at her pockets. "Ah crap I left my bag in his car."

"We can't go back, guess we're walking."

“Great…” Avalee mumbled as her and Tess began walking down the sidewalk.

“You know Ava,” Tessa began, her voice serious. “We can’t hang out with them. Their bad people, we’re gonna get killed.”

“They’re not bad people, their just… Yeah, okay, their bad people,” Ava nodded. “But what am I going to tell Victor when he comes looking for me tomorrow?”

“That you just can’t be with him anymore. It’s that simple.”

“No it’s not!” Avalee defended. “He’s kinda scary, to be honest. What if he gets angry?”

“He kills you and that’s it.” Tess nodded, Ava staring at her. “Kidding! I’m sure he won’t be upset. He has other friends, he’ll be fine.”

"I don't want to upset him," Avalee mumbled under her breath as she looked out at Time Square. "I like him."

"You like him?" Tessa asked wide eyed as she turned to Avalee with surprised eyes. "You can't be serious."

"I'm serious, I don't know why but I'm drawn to him, I always have been."

"You fell for the bad guy," Tessa moaned and hit her forehead with her hand. "The classic good girl and bad girl story, this sucks donkey di-"

"Tessa," Avalee interrupted her softly as she turned to her friend. "I didn't mean to fall for him, but he's really sweet Tess, he likes me too."

"That could get you killed," Tessa said aggravated at her friend. "How many times do I have to tell you that!"

"Apparently a damn lot," Avalee snapped.

“Damn your think headed-ness.” Tess mumbled.

-----Avalee’s house-----

“So how was detention?” Tessa rolled over on my bed and looked at me.

“It was… Okay,” Ava shrugged. “Victor took me out early, so I don’t really know.”

“Oh, that would explain why you we’re out and getting me so early.” Tess sighed.

“Yeah,” Avalee laughed. “You didn’t notice?”

“No, not until you just said something.” Tessa shook her head.

“You’re a blond.”

“Yes, I know that,” Tessa smiled, the room becoming silent. “That guy, Jacob. He was cute.”

“Random much?” Avalee turned to her.

“Yes, it just popped into my head,” Tessa nodded. “But, seriously, he was hot.”

“Ohhh! Tessa has a crush!” Ava sang, making Tess blush.

"Shut up," Tessa mumbled as she buried her head in Avalee's pillow, which made Avalee giggled and smack her head.

"You got pissed at me for crushing on a bad boy when you did the same!"

"I know! I know!" Tessa yelled hitting the pillow. "Don't remind me damn it."

"Okay so…tomorrow?"

"We're fucked," Tessa sighed as she rolled over, ready to say something else but Avalee's door opened and her brother walked in, he was six foot four or five, muscular and blond haired, short and curly. "Hey Bret."

"Hey Tess," he sat down at the end of Avalee's bed and turned to his sister. "Care to explain something to me?"

"No what?"

"School called," he said softly as he leaned forward. "Detention ring a bell babe?"

"It's my fault Bret, seriously it was, I fell asleep in class and I asked Ava to keep me up by throwing stuff at my head so I couldn't fail, she got caught and put in detention," Tessa explained sitting up on the bed. “I’m sowwy.”

“It’s okay, Tess.” Brett sighed and looked back to Ava. “Just don’t get in trouble again, please?

“Alright,” Avalee nodded. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” He kissed Ava’s forehead and walked back out of the room.

“Damn,” Ava frowned and looked over to Tessa. “Now I’m getting in trouble at home, too.”

“And I feel bad,” Tess mumbled. “Cause, like, it’s my entire fault.”

“No, don’t say that.”

“But it’s true,” Tessa said. “And if I didn’t get you in trouble, we wouldn’t have to be worry about Victor Todd.”

"I've always wanted to meet him so, you helped in a way," Avalee grinned as she slapped her friends arm softly and playfully. "And you got to meet Jacob."

"Still, it’s a thorn in our sides," she mumbled under her breath as she slung her legs over the side of the bed. "I'm hungry."

"You can stay if you want, Bret will cook."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!

Image