Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to, I want to get you detention so you can stay in there with me," he smirked as he sat it on his table.

"I can't get another detention or my brother will get mad, please Victor hand it back," Avalee begged as she held her hand out and glanced at the teacher who was talking.

"Promise you'll come with me to the Brooklyn Bridge after school?"

"I promise."

“Okay,” He grinned and handed her the paper back.

“Thank you.” Ava sighed.

-----After School-----

“Are we hanging out at my house today?” Tessa looked over to Avalee, who was looking for Victor.

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because we’re going to the Brooklyn Bridge with Victor,” Avalee mumbled.

“What!?” Tessa stopped walking and her jaw dropped. “I thought we were done with him?”

“We were,” Avalee pointed out. “But now we’re not.”

“Ava, I-I can’t do this,” Tessa shook her head. “I don’t want to be with them anymore. I don’t want to get in trouble, or get arrested. All I want to do is go back to my house and watch Boy Meets World.”

“Well, I promised Victor I’d come with him.” Ava sighed.

“I don’t care what the hell you promised him! I’m worried about you being with him, Avalee. Why don’t you see that?” Tessa said softly. “He’s dangerous.”

“Yes, but-“

“But nothing,” Tessa growled. “You can go with him today, but I’m not. I refuse to risk my life anymore.”

“Tess, please.” Ava turned to Tessa, who was beginning to walk away. “Tessa!” Tess turned around and waved half heartedly to Ava.

“Bye.”

"Bye," Avalee whispered as she waved quickly to Tessa, who had already rounded the corner. "I'm so screwed."

"Hey," Victor said as he walked down the steps towards Avalee with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. "Were is your friend?"

"She went home."

"Oh, bummer, well come on," he said as he grabbed Avalee's hand gently and led her to his mustang, right then Avalee turned to the side and looked at the road, seeing her brother's truck pulling to the curb.

"Crap!" she murmured as she let go of Victor's hand. "I'll be right back Victor, my brother is here."

"You're brother?"

"Yeah, he's in the black truck over there, I need to go see why he's here," Avalee mumbled as she made her way across the green grass, to her brother's truck, he had the window rolled down and he was leaning across the seat watching her. "Bret what are you doing here?"

"Came to pick you and Tess up, who's that?"

"My friend Victor," she mumbled and put her books through the window. "Tessa is gonna meet us at a restaurant, I'm going out with her and Victor, that okay?"

"Is he safe?" he asked gently as he looked in Avalee's eye, she looked away to her books and forced a smile.

"Yeah Bret, you know me, if he wasn't I wouldn't hang around him," she grinned as she grabbed her jacket from behind the seat; he grinned and nodded his head.

"Alright, be home by ten okay?"

"Alright, I love you, be careful."

"I love you too, bye careful Avalee."

“Okay,” Ava nodded, Bret pulling away from the curb and back onto the street. “That was close…”

“Are we gonna go?” Victor walked up behind Avalee and grabbed her hand, making her blush.

“Yeah, c’mon,” I nodded as we both got into his mustang. “So, the Brooklyn Bridge?”

“Yeah,” He said, Mark and Brandon running into the backseat of the car.

“Hi, guys!” Mark happily grinned at Avalee and Victor. "So where we heading?"

"Brooklyn Bridge."

"Nice, love the look out," Mark grinned as he looked around. "Where's your blond friend Lee?"

"She went home," Avalee murmured as she looked out the window. "So where are we going after the Brooklyn Bridge, I doubt we'll spend all night there."

"The hotspot of course," Brandon grinned as he high fived Mark, Avalee narrowed her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Huh?"

"It's a club Lee," Victor smirked as he looked over at her. "But don't worry, I'll take care of you."

"I hate clubs, people there are plain rude and freaky."

"That's why you'll be with us," Mark patted her shoulder as he leaned up. "We'll take care of you girlie, no worries."

"Yeah," Brandon smiled as he held his hand up to Avalee, who stared at it like he was crazy, he grabbed her hand and slapped it to his. "High five, woo!"

"I swear, they aren't usually this…" Victor glanced in the rearview mirror. "Stupid."

“Well, excuse me for being excited.” Mark scoffed. “Why’d the blond girl leave?”

“She… Had homework.” Ava lied.

“Oh,” Mark sighed and leaned back, looking out the window as Victor pulled out of the school parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment!