Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

"I'm fine," she giggled as she closed her eyes. "The world is spinning right now, but hey free ride."

Avalee looked over at Victor and giggled softly. "She's a strange one," Victor stated as he poked her stomach, making Tessa giggle and roll on Avalee's legs.

"She is," Avalee nodded her head as she sat up her friend. "Bell is about to ring."

"No it-" Victor started but was interrupted by the bell ringing, he looked up at the school then back to Avalee with confused eyes. "How?"

"She's really good at that," Tessa murmured with her eyes still closed. "She does it every day to me."

"It's true," Avalee nodded her head as she pushed her friend up as she went to stand. "Wow I can't wait for Science, can you?"

"I can't, I'm sitting next to you."

"You sit across the room," Avalee mumbled looking up at Victor.

"I can make James move," Victor explained, James was sitting to the left of Avalee in science.

“Whatever you say,” Ava shrugged as Victor and her walked into the science room. James was already sitting in his seat.

“James, could you sit somewhere else today?” Victor asked James nonchalantly.

“Sure,” James shrugged, standing up and moving his stuff to another desk.

“Wow,” Avalee sat in her seat and Victor sat in James'.

“I’m awesome, right?” He looked over to her and smiled.

“Ha, yeah.” Ava nodded as the bell rang and the teacher walked into the room. "I asked him once for Tessa and he gave me a dirty look."

"You just have to demand respect thought you're voice, be stern."

"I've tried," she sighed as she leaned against her hand. "I can't do it."

"I'll teach you."

"Really?" she asked with a smile gracing her lips. "Are you sure? I'm not that great at learning to be…"

"Demanding?" he asked with a smile as he turned to her in his seat. "Trust me babe, when me and you get together, you'll be demanding a lot of things."

Avalee blushed as she looked away from him to the front of the classroom. "I would hope so," she mumbled softly.

"I heard that," he leaned over and whispered, which made Avalee bite her lip to keep from laughing rather hard.

"Is that Victor Todd talking to Avalee Jones?" someone whispered from behind us.

"I can't believe it, the freak and the criminal? Together?" another whisper

"Guys leave them alone," one sounded softly

"Shut up Avery."


"How about you take a picture," Victor turned to look behind him at the three behind him and Avalee. "I heard they last a long time."

“Oh,” The three gossipers shut up and you could hear Tessa laugh from across the room.

“Tessa!” The teacher yelled.

“Yes?”

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing…” Tessa said nervously,

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Alright.” The teacher turned back to the chalk board and Tessa turned to me. Amazingly, they had learned to read each other’s lips.

Ava!

What?

Victor loves you.

No he doesn’t.

Yes he does, it’s obvious.

Really?


The teacher turned around abruptly and glared at Tessa and Avalee. She stood there, staring at them for a few minutes before starting the lesson.

Tessa, your gonna get me in trouble.

Sorry.


“What are you two doing?” Victor stared at Ava.

“We’re talking,” Ava whispered, Victor just looking at her. “We can read each other’s lips.”

“Oh,” He nodded. “That’s pretty cool.”

“It’s helpful.” Avalee shrugged and looked at the chalk board, which had a density chart drawn on it. She began coping it down, Victor still just sitting there. “You gonna write it down?”

“Nah,” He shook his head.

“Why not?”

“I don’t really feel like it,” He shrugged.

"Oh," she said then turned back to her work, he would probably get in trouble, but it's his fault, she shrugged off her thoughts and continued to write it down.

"You know you don't have to write it down, he keeps it written on the board for a week after he has it there, when the test are in progress too," Victor stated as he leaned on his desk.

"I don't like cheating."

"It's not cheating if he put it up there to begin with," he shrugged as he grabbed Avalee paper. "You have nice hand writing."

"Thank you," she blushed as she held her hand out. "Can I have it back?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!