Wish

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The wedding was hot. It was probably one of the hottest nights in a while for Agraba. Jasmine was dying in her long sleeved wedding outfit but pushed her discomfort away once she saw Aladdin. He was absolutely dashing. Abu even had a new vest and Suhki was wearing a dark green outfit that wasn’t quiet as warm as the princess’s. Carpet stood with Abu and Suhki as well as they watched the Sultan, with his almighty power, wed Aladdin and Jasmine.

Once they were man and wife Suhki felt her eyes get watery but pushed it away and smiled as Jasmine kissed Aladdin. They thanked their friends and waved to the people of Agraba before Carpet flew off with the couple. Suhki was left with Abu balancing on her head and the Sultan standing next to her.

“Now all that is left is you,” he said turning to her. She looked at him with a confused look.

“Me? I don’t understand,” she said.

“Well, you are the good age to be married as well, we should find you a suitor as well,” he said. Suhki just laughed.

“I beg your pardon, your majesty, but I’m okay with being single,” she said.

“Nonsense, a fine girl like you, I don’t know what man wouldn’t want you,” he said a bit more towards himself. Suhki looked up at the moon and sighed.

“I do,” she muttered.

“What was that dear? Oh never mind. I must start finding suitors,” he said and rushed away.

“You really don’t have- he’s gone,” she sighed and looked up at Abu, “want to get some leftovers from dinner?” Abu nodded his head vigorously and she smiled before they headed off to the kitchens. There was a large feast after the wedding but there weren’t that many guests so Suhki and Abu had another feast. While Abu had stuffed his face at the wedding, Suhki didn’t eat much because she wasn’t in the mood, but now she was starving.

It had been a good week since the wedding and everyone was settling in to their new lifestyles. Aladdin and Jasmine were practically attached at the hip but still got work done. The Sultan mainly focused on finding suitors for Suhki but she kept telling him ‘no’. Abu and Carpet usually just lounged around the palace enjoying the high life.

Suhki was doing her rounds when a servant came and informed her someone was here. She found it odd that the servant didn’t supply a name, but she went to the front room and there she saw a royally dressed man around Aladdin’s age with a similar hairstyle but just a little bit shorter.

“May I help you?” she asked walking in and he turned to face her.

“Yes, I am Prince Ali Ababwa and I was told I was going to marry Princess Jasmine,” he said eyeing her up and down, “you are most beautiful.”

“Thanks, but- wait, did you say Prince Ali Ababwa?” she asked stunned.

“Yes, that is who I am. I would have gotten here sooner but I left as soon as I heard the news, my kingdom is a bit far, I apologise,” he said.

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry, I think I should go get the Princess and we can talk this over,” she said shifting nervously.

“You aren’t the princess?” he asked surprised. Suhki gave him a weird look and shook her head.

“No I am not,” she said about to leave the room.

“Than who are you?” he asked taking a step towards her.

“Suhki, the Royal Vizier. Now I’ll be right back,” she said politely before ducking out and running full speed towards the fountain where Jasmine and Aladdin were playing with Rajah.

“Suhki?” asked Aladdin staring at her as she ran over.

“Just a minute,” she said bracing her hands on her knees and catching her breath.

“What’s going on?” asked Jasmine walking over to her.

“One Prince Ali Ababwa is here to marry Princess Jasmine, just like it was announced,” she said. Aladdin looked at Jasmine then back at Suhki.

“Um, Suhki, Ali Ababwa wasn’t real remember,” he said.

“Oh he’s real all right, and he’s in the front room right now,” she said pointing.

“He’s real?” asked Jasmine confused.

“Yes,” said Suhki, “and waiting.”

“Right, well, I guess we should settle this,” said Aladdin and the two followed Suhki to the front room.

“Is this Princess Jasmine?” he asked once Suhki returned to the front room.

“Yes, I would like to introduce you to Princess Jasmine and Prince Aladdin,” said Suhki.

“I didn’t know you had a brother,” he said walking over and kissing the back of Jasmine’s hand.

“Oh, no, he’s not my brother, he’s my husband,” she said as Ali was shaking hands with Aladdin then stopped and looked at her.

“What?”

“It’s a long story, and you have every right to know about it. If you would please sit, we can go over this big mess,” said Suhki taking charge. Everyone took a seat and began their story.

By the end of it Prince Ali Ababwa was shocked and speechless. He kept opening and closing his mouth trying to say something but he had nothing.

“We are sorry about this mix up,” said Suhki.

“To make up for it, since you did come quite a long way, you are welcome to stay in our guest house and we’ll be sure to take care of your horse, and you can stay for as long as you wish,” said Jasmine.

“Thank you, that is very kind of you,” he finally said something.

“Really, it’s the least we could do,” said Aladdin.

“Suhki would you show him to the guest house? I’ll go tell the chef to get him something to eat and drink after his long journey,” said Jasmine getting up. Everyone followed her suit and stood up as well, Jasmine went out with Aladdin and Prince Ali turned to Suhki.

“Well, if you’d follow me,” she said. He nodded and followed her all the way to the guest house. He walked in and then turned to Suhki who was standing in the doorway.

“It is very nice,” he said.

“Yes, I stayed in here once, it was very comfortable,” she said.

“That’s good,” he said, “would you like to sit?” Suhki walked in and sat down with him on the day bed. “So, how did you get to be the Royal Vizier?”

“Oh, I was friends with Aladdin and Jasmine took a liking to me. When the position opened up, right before the wedding, they offered it to me, and kind of begged me to stay, so I did. I couldn’t leave my best friends now could I?”

“So you were a street rat just like Aladdin before?” he asked surprised. They had left that out in their re-count of the story.

“Yes,” she said shifting.

“I’m sorry, if this making you uncomfortable?”

“No, it’s just such a change and I’m still not fully use to it. All my life I didn’t know where my next meal was coming from and here I have like five meals a day.”

“Yes, royal life is very different. In my kingdom I try to make sure everyone is fed, sometimes I even personally use my money to feed those in need.”

“I wish I lived in your kingdom. Don’t get me wrong I love it here, but things use to be very different.”

“I see.”

“Well speaking of food, I’ll go see how your food is coming along,” she said and got up and headed to the door way but then stopped and turned back to him.

“Just one question, when you first saw me did you really think I was the princess?” He smiled.

“Yes I did,” he said. Suhki smiled then left and made her way to the kitchen.

The Sultan watched her leave the guest house from up on his balcony then quickly rushed down to Jasmine’s room. He had been told what was going on by Jasmine once he was done seeing some people.

“Oh I have just come up with a brilliant idea!” he exclaimed as Jasmine and Aladdin looked at him.

“What is it?” asked Jasmine confused.

“I think we should get Prince Ali and Suhki together,” he said excited.

“What?” asked Aladdin shocked.

“Father, we know you’ve been trying to get Suhki with someone but don’t you think that if she wanted to be with someone she would at least try or something?” asked Jasmine.

“But I think Prince Ali already likes her, they have been talking all this time, he must like her. We just need to help it along,” he said.

“But this is Suhki we’re talking about. She wouldn’t go for anyone,” said Jasmine, “she doesn’t seem the family type.”

“I’m in,” said Aladdin once Jasmine had said that.

“What?” asked Jasmine.

“Oh thank you!” yelled the Sultan.

“Why?” asked Jasmine.

“The one thing Suhki has always wanted was a family, so she could prove you would never need to abandon them to prove you can survive,” said Aladdin, “After all that she did for me,” he picked up Jasmine’s hands, “for us, I think it is time for us to do something for her.”

“All right, count us in father,” said Jasmine smiling then turning to her father.

“Perfect!” he said throwing his hands up then putting them together, “oh so much to plan. Aladdin take Jasmine out on Carpet for dinner tonight, you know something romantic. And I’ll say I have business and I need to work through dinner. This will force them to eat dinner together and maybe sparks will fly. Oh, if only Genie were here. He loves this kind of trickery.”

“Did someone call for a Genie?” came a loud voice from behind them. They all turned and immediately smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, reviews are welcomed.

-Charlotte