You Take the Breath Right out of Me

What? Now You Care?

Angel walked into her last class to see Jasper in there again. And of course, the seat next to him was the only one empty. Angel sighed, and walked over to the seat. "Hey, Angel!!" Someone yelled, trying to get her attention. She turned around, and saw Mike and Eric waving at her. Angel waved back, and took her seat. She looked over at Jasper and saw that he moved his chair all the way to the other side of the desk and had his hand clamped over his mouth. Angel frowned. 'What did I do?' She asked herself, and then sighed, pushing her long dark hair off her shoulders. Jasper stiffened next to her, and Angel could've sworn she heard him growl. The class period went by extremely slow, and before the bell rang, Jasper was already out of his seat, and heading for the door. Angel groaned in frustration, and slammed her head down on the table.

"Owe," she muttered, and rubbed the now sore spot on her forehead.

"Nice one," Mike said from next to her, making her jump slightly.

"Jesus, what the hell is your problem? Sneaking up one people like that. You should be ashamed of yourself," she said, smiling. Mike grinned back.

"So you swear you can go to La Push?" Eric asked from next to Mike. Angel nodded.

"I'm sure my brother will have no problem with it, and I don't live to far from the diner so I'll just walk there."

"Okay. I can't wait," Eric said gleefully, and bounded away with Mike laughing behind him. Angel chuckled in amusement, and gathered up her stuff, and walked out the door, only to run into the blond god himself. Jasper Hale.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to run into you," Angel said, moving to get out of his way.

JASPER

Her scent.....so intoxicating. He had to cover his mouth so the aroma didn't get to him. It didn't work. The entire period all Jasper wanted to do was bite into her small neck, and get all the sweet smelling blood out of her. But, he couldn't do that to his family. All that they have worked for; he could not just give up. He was raised better than that. He was up and at the door a spit second before the bell rang. He stopped at the door, noticing Newton and his friend walk towards Angel. He heard her groan, then bang her head on the table. "Owe," she mumbled.

"Nice one," Newton said, making Angel jump.

"Jesus, what the hell is your problem? Sneaking up on people like that. You should be ashamed of yourself," she said smiling. Newton grinned back at her.

"So you swear you can come to La Push?" Newton's friend asked. Jasper could feel jealousy boiling in the pit of stomach. 'Damn mutts,' he growled in his head.

"-Sure my brother will have no problem with it, and I don't live to far from the diner so I'll just walk there," Angel said.

"I can't wait!" Newton's friend said, bouncing Jasper's way. He quickly moved, and saw Angel chuckle while gathering up her stuff. As she was walking out the door, she ran into him.
Sorry, didn't mean to run into you," she said, trying to move out of his way. He cleared his throat.

"So La Push?" He asked. Angel looked up at him, and he suddenly felt like running away when he heard her heart start to beat faster.

"Umm, yeah. I'm going with a few friends. Why?" She asked him, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. He glared at her.

"It's not safe there," he said softly. She raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"What? NOW you care? Thanks, but no thanks. I can handle myself just fine," she said, and pushed past him, fuming.

ANGEL

Angel slammed the door to her brother's car shut, still mad and confused about the confrontation she had with Jasper. Mason looked over at her, confused. "What's wrong, Ang?" He asked her, slightly concerned on how her first day went. She sighed, and looked over at him with a smile.

"Nothing. Boys are just really stupid," she said, making Mason burst out laughing.

"Did you have a bad first day?" He asked in between his laughter. She chuckled.

"No, it was actually pretty good, but with just one exception that isn't worth mentioning," she said, looking out the window. She blinked rapidly when she saw Jasper looking at her. She shook her head, and smiled over at her brother. "So where are we going?" She asked. He grinned over at her.

"Getting you a car," he said. Angel gasped in shock.

"Ohmygod! Are you serious?" She asked. He nodded, the grin never leaving his face. Angel smiled brightly up at her brother. 'Okay, so maybe today won’t be too bad.'