Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Twenty One

That familiar warm sensation traveled through my body and as I stared at William, my vision slowly became blurred with red.

I really don't enjoy being hypnotized...

"Now, Ver," William cooed as he slowly walked around my immobile body. "From what I've heard and what I can see," he flicked my hair aside to take a look at my neck, "you're a virgin. A blood virgin, as well as a true virgin."

What the hell is the problem with my virginity? Is it such a bad thing that I haven't had sex yet?! God... Why do they keep pointing it out?

"Your virginity isn't a problem, it's more of a rarity when it comes to your... kind. Vampires are very sexual creatures, if you couldn't tell. That's the main reason why 'we' keep pointing it out." He answered my thoughts, still circling me, running his fingers across the exposed skin of my arms and shoulders every now and then.

"What do you mean by my kind? There are a lot of humans that are virgins, especially when they're only teenagers!" Even under William's control, I found that I could still speak freely.

"I'm not talking about humans, Ver. You're not a human. Neither of your boyfriends told you?" He spit out the word 'boyfriends' as though it were poison.

"I don't understand. I'm a human. Aren't I? I'm not special. There's nothing amazing about me. I'm just a human!" I denied his statement, feeling frustrated.

"Do you know why Pete couldn't control you? Do you know why he thought you were his mate? Do you know why he wants you so badly?" His voice increased in intensity as he spoke, scaring me slightly.

"Ver, you're a fallen angel. Pete can't control you, because you're stronger than him. He wants you to help him run his clan. If you and Pete were together, you'd have the strongest partnership ever. That's why he wants you. He just told everyone that a psychic told him about you, and that she knew that you were his mate. He lied to everyone because he didn't want anyone to take you away from him, but his plan backfired anyways. Obviously." William stopped in front of me, staring into my eyes.

"How do you know that?" I barely whispered, feeling as though my life was falling down around me.

"I used to live in the mansion with Pete and his... followers. When I first heard about him finding a fallen angel, I didn't think much of it. Then a few months later, he sent some of us to spy on you." He paused for a moment, looking down before looking back up at my face. "I was one of them. When I first saw you, you were just a kid, probably ten years old. You were just so innocent and adorable. I didn't want to be a part of Pete's plan. I just didn't want him to take you away from your life. It didn't seem fair, especially when you were so young." His voice was soft as he spoke, his eyes looking off into the distance as though it had happened yesterday. If I hadn't known any better, at that moment, I could have sworn he was human.

"But, Ver... you're not a kid anymore. You've grown a lot since then. That's why I'm not as sympathetic as I once was." His eyes changed from their usual brown color to an intense black. I could feel my heart rate rising as he took a step closer to me. All of a sudden, his hypnotic hold on me was gone, and I took a step away from him.

"I'm not one for an easy bite... I much rather enjoy the chase. I'll give you a headstart." Before he could finish speaking, I jumped down the stairs and out the front door.

I ran into the woods, the only thought on my mind, just getting away from William. After a while, my fingers and toes lost all feeling from the cool night air. After I had ran for what seemed like twenty minutes, I leaned up against a tree to catch my breath. I lifted up my foot to see that the rocks and twigs on the forest floor had left multiple cuts in my skin. Running my fingers across the sole of my foot, I hissed in pain as the wounds began bleeding heavily.

I took a deep breath and began trudging my way through the forest again. My pace had slowed considerably, due to my feet, only allowing me to walk somewhat slowly. A chill ran up my spine and I quickly turned around, but seeing nothing but the endless amount of trees.

I swallowed heavily before continuing my previous route. Every few feet, I would hear a twig snap or the crunch of leaves behind me, but everytime I looked back, there was nothing to see. Sooner or later, the paranoia got the better of me and I found myself wiping tears from my face as I walked. My thoughts revolved around Brendon and Ryan, wishing that they would swoop down in front of me and save me. I thought about Pete and how his life would change for the worse tomorrow. I thought about William and his sudden urge to suck me dry. I thought about myself, wondering what it meant to be a fallen angel.

Vampires and Fallen Angels... What has my life become?

I shook my head, then looked around, realizing that I had stopped walking a while ago. I quickly looked behind me, expecting to see William's taunting face, but yet again, nothing.

I took in a deep breath, rubbing my arms to regain some warmth that I had lost due to the cold temperatures and my lack of warm clothing. At that moment, I really wished that I had been wearing a coat and pants before William decided to get murderous, instead of the tank top and short-shorts adorning my body. I pulled at my hair in frustration, taking a few steps forward before I felt a gloved hand rest on my shoulder.

A muffled sob wracked through me as William forcefully turned me towards him. I was frozen in shock as he looked at me tenderly, running his hand down the side of my face until he reached my neck. He swiftly pushed my hair away, revealing my right shoulder to him. I reluctantly tilted my head to the left, exposing the pulsing veins of my neck.

Before I could even utter a word, William launched forward, almost like a cobra, and latched onto my neck. An extremely loud scream flowed from my lips and echoed into my ears as the searing pain in my neck blossomed. I closed my eyes, in an attempt to escape, and everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Intense? Just a little bit...
William revealed some interesting stuff to Ver in this chapter...
What did you think?
Did you think that Ver was supernatural?
What powers do you think Ver has?
Why did William want to bite Ver all of a sudden?
What do you think will happen to Ver?
What will Brendon and Ryan do when they find out?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE MY COMMENTORS AND SUBSCRIBERS!!! :D YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME FOR SUPPORTING MY STORY!!!!!!