Born for This

Looking Up

"Uhm, yes?"

"Hi this is Mark Mercado. I'm the manager for Paramore. You were picked to have a call back for an interview with the band tomorrow morning. Will that be possible?"

I couldn't do anything but stand there with my mouth open, speechless. The lady behind the counter was giving me a funny look when there was a voice in my ear. "Hello? Alexx?"

"U-u-uh yes. I can make it."

"Wonderful. They want to meet at the Starbucks downtown at 12. You know where that is?"

"Yes sir. I do." I had passed it yesterday on the way to the auditions.

"Great. I look forward to meeting you. Have a nice day!" He hung up the phone.

I just stood there for a minute. I couldn't move. I was chosen? I actually had a shot? I couldn't believe it. "Ma'am? Are you still checking out?"

"Actually, I'm not." A smile covered my face. "I'll be staying another night." I took my card back and grabbed my bags. I walked back up to my room and sat down on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about the call. I played it over and over in my head. My phone vibrated on the bed next to me. I looked over and it was a text from Madison.

When are you coming back? I need to talk to you.

I'm not exactly sure. I have a callback tomorrow that I have to go to. What's up?

I don't want to talk about it through text. I'll just wait til you get back.

Okay.... Do you mind to feed Optimus for me? I wasn't expecting to be gone this long.

Sure I guess.

Thank you!


Once again she could care less about me and the auditions. I still couldn't understand it. I pushed that out of my mind. I had more important things to think about. Like me not having any clean clothes to wear to the interview. I had only packed one pair of clothes and they were the ones I had on. I grabbed my wallet and headed out into town to find an outfit for tomorrow.

I walked into a small clothing store and immediately fell in love with it. It had the most amazing shirts, of all different colors. The store was sorted by the colors. I walked straight to the purple section. I didn't find anything that I liked so I went to the black, because you can't go wrong with black. I found an adorable dress. It was a halter dress with a gray top piece with pleats and it had small flaps at the top. The bottom was black and high-waisted and flowy. The dress was completed with three small buttons in the middle of the top. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I paid for the dress and left. I realized that I didn't have any shoes to go with it. I stopped by the same store I bought my Chucks at and found a simple pair of gray flats with bows on the toes. I went back to my room and crawled in bed to take a nap.

I woke up the next morning at 9. I rushed to take a shower and get ready. My hair fell in my natural light wave that was just enough to make the dress look even cuter. I put a light coat of eyeliner on and a natural color eyeshadow. I coated my eyelashes in a thick black mascara and was ready to head out. I was going to be a little early but that would give me time to get something to drink. I took my time, walking slowly. I ordered my drink went to sit in a booth that would be big enough for the band and I. I was taking a drink of my coffee when a soft voice came from behind me.

"Alexx?"

I turned around and the thing I had wanted most in life was standing right there. And they had been the one's that wanted to meet me. I didn't have to wait to meet them by chance. Paramore. Paramore was standing behind me and addressing me by my name. I couldn't believe it!

"H-H-Hayley Williams. Oh my gosh!" The band smiled and Hayley laughed. Taylor and Jeremy slid into the bench opposite me and Hayley sat next to me.

"Yes it's me. How are you today?"

"F-Fine. And how bout you?" I practically spat it out.

"Pretty awesome. So you know my name, and I'm sure you know Jeremy and Taylor." They both waved at me.

"Of course! I've been listening to you guys for years!"

Jeremy chuckled. "Of course you have. We're awesome!"

Hayley shot Jeremy a look that shut him up. She took a drink of her coffee and turned towards me. "So. Where are you from again?"

"Memphis.."

"Memphis, huh?" This was Taylor. "I've been there several times. Hey, didn't we have a show there not too long ago?"

"Oh yes. I was there."

The band went silent and exchanged glances for what seemed like forever. It was making me feel uncomfortable so I shifted in my seat and looked down at my lap.

"So, I take it you hated it?"

My head shot up. They were all looking at me with serious looks on their faces. "What?! No of course not!"

Jeremy busted out laughing and said, "We're just messing with you. I could tell by your face when you saw us that you would've loved it. Hell I could tell by the way you played our songs you were in love with the music."

I blushed. My face felt like it was on fire. "Well I mean, you are my favorite band ever."

"Awe that's sweet Alexx. But we really do need to talk about the audition now." Hayley was ready to get down to business.

"Okay, what is it," I asked.

"Well, for starters, you were one of the best drummers we saw all day. I haven't seen someone play like that in a while."

My mouth dropped. She can't be serious. "S-seriously? I don't think I'm that good."

"Oh but you are." I looked over at Taylor. "I don't even consider myself that good."

I blushed again. "You guys can't be serious! I'm nothing special."

"Alexx.. To be honest, when we were watching you play I closed my eyes for a minute so I couldn't see you. If I hadn't known better, I would've thought it was Zac up there." I could see the sincerity in Jeremy's face when he said this.

I just sat there in silence for a minute. All I said was, "Thank you." Then I got up and walked out of the Starbucks. I was just passing the store next door when a voice called behind me. I turned around. The band had followed me outside.

"Alexx where are you going?" You could tell by Hayley's face that she was panicking.

"I can't take the rejection. I thought it would be better if I just left before it happened."

Confusion swept over all of their faces. Jeremy was the first to talk. "What are you talking about? What I said was a good thing. We've been looking for someone to take his place. And why not a beautiful girl that can play the drums and make me believe it's him?"

"I don't want to be him. I want to be the new drummer for Paramore. I want to be my own person, not be reliant on someone who was here before me." I turned to walk away again.

"Alexx, please!" Taylor grabbed my arm and pulled me back around. By this time people were starting to recognize the band and were gathering around to watch. I looked up at his face. "Once we start writing new music you will be your own person. Right now all we have to go by is what he's already done."

Hayley stepped forward. "Please Alexx? We want you to be the new drummer for Paramore."

My knees were starting to feel weak. My head was spinning. I couldn't breathe. Paramore wants me? "I-I don't even know what to say."

"Just say yes," the band said in unison. They looked at each other and smiled, then looked back at me.

I could just barely breathe out an okay before I had to sit down. Hayley sat down beside me.

"You're okay, right?"

"Yeah I'm just in shock right now. I never thought I'd meet the members of my all time favorite band, much less have a chance to be in it."

She laughed. "Well here we are!" She put a hand on my arm. "Alexx, you really are the best candidate for this spot."

"You really think so?"

"Of course. Now let's go back inside and finish discussing everything."

The boys walked over to us and extended their hands to help us up. Jeremy put his arm around my shoulder and led me inside, while Taylor was holding the door for us. We head back to our table and as we're about to sit down Jeremy whispered in my ear, "This is going to be so much fun!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy... I'm sorry it's been so long! I've been super busy and haven't really had time to write. I've had a lot on my mind so I came back to writing to clear it. And it's worked! So since I'm back in the swing of things I hope to be updating A LOT more :)