Status: I decided to make it longer

Running From Insanity

I'm mentally what?!

I feel myself slipping back to the white room. My eyes open. I'm still here in this white room? I can't move.. I look down at myself and realize I'm strapped to a bed. I look around and only see white walls. I hear a small beep and a door slides open. A women comes in, the same woman as before. Anger consumes me. I just want to scream at her for sending me back into my darkness, but my throat is dry. I'm so thirsty. Barely audible I say, "Water.." The nurse looks at me and says, "Of course, right away miss." She comes back into my room and brings a cup to my face. I take a sip.

"Where am I?" I say. The nurse looks at me with a confused look and says, "You really don't remember? You were brought here buy a young man named Gabe. Your at Black Waters Mental Hospital." So many of her words confuse me. Mental hospital? Gabe? Gabe.. "I-I remember Gabe. He's my best friend. WHERE IS HE?!" I say. "Ma'am, please calm down. Your friend went home after he brought you here" says the nurse. Then I say, "When did he bring me here?" "Four months ago.."

I can't breath! I think I'm having a heart attack. Four months ago?! I can't believe I've been here that long. The last thing I remember is running away from home because of my dad. "what happened to me?" The nurse says, "Well your friend, Gabe, said he found you on the side of the road. Your were bleeding from your wrists, he brought you to a hospital. Then you woke up there and told them about how you were hearing voices and how your dad raped you. The doctors told Gabe to bring you here. The last time you woke up was one week after that. That was when I put you to sleep because you were hurting yourself." That's right. "I remember now. I want Gabe here now! I need to see him." I say. "Yes ma'am. We will contact him immediately."

*1 hour later*

-Gabe's POV-

"Where is she?" I ask the nearest nurse. She says, "Room #211" "Thanks" I say as I walk away to find room #211. Here it is. I enter the room and Nicole is sitting on the floor. "Hey, I'm here" I say. She turns to me and screams.

-Normal POV-

"WHO ARE YOU?!" The man in my room scares me. I don't know him. He's a stranger, yet he looks oddly familiar. He takes a step closer to me. He says,"Nicole, it's me. Ga-" "GET AWAY FROM ME! I DON"T KNOW YOU! HELP! HELP ME!!" Two nurses come in and grab me. One nurse says, "Nicole, please calm down. Trust me you know this person. Just think." I take a look at my stranger. Then something clicks. Like the wires in my head connected. This is him. I run into his arms and engulf him into a hug, and whisper over and over again, "Gabe, Gabe, Gabe. I'm sorry."