Sequel: Over Spring Break
Status: Slowly revising

Over Christmas Break

Friends

The rest of the week, I lounged around my house or Sam's because that's the real life I had without a hot hockey player to take me places.

When he came home on Friday, it was early considering they had a game on Saturday night, and they had to get some rest and practice in before the game. David waved hello to me and went straight to bed. I couldn't blame him because I knew they had just flown in from a weird Canadian town and lost in overtime, twice. So I just let him go to bed, but for dinner, I decided I would make him something. I had run to the store after he got back, picked up some Fettuchini noodles and Parmesan cheese to make homemade Alfredo sauce. I also decided to grill up some chicken so we could have some protein.
It was about the time that I had dinner almost done that David rolled out of bed, shirtless, and came downstairs.

"It smells delicious," he commented graciously. He walked extra close to my back to get a taste of the sauce I had just tasted myself.

"It's not done yet, go sit," I instructed as I slashed his hand away from the sauce. I added a little salt and more cheese before I declared the sauce perfect.

"You didn't call while I was away," he blankly stated.

"Was I supposed to?" was my snarky response. I was still upset at the note that revealed nothing but was hoping to move past it.

"I figured, you are a girl who I just left a note to the morning after while disappearing, I just thought you would call."

"Well, I don't have your number," I shortly replied. He picked up my phone from the table and scrolled on it for a second. He showed me the screen, it had his number.

"I programmed it after we went to the gym, while you were in the restroom at Red Robin."

"Oh, I didn't know that." My emotions were running wild. He had stored his number in my phone the first night we met. Had he been thinking he was going to have sex with me in the near future? Was I just an easy lay? God, how could I have been so stupid!

"Harper, are you alright?"

"Why'd you put it in there without telling me?"

"I just figured it would be easier."

"Whatever, no big deal. How much would you like?" I asked in reference to the pasta.

"Not too much, lots of carbs in the pasta."

"Okay," I served him a medium sized bowl, a little bigger than mine, poured myself a glass of ancient wine that was stowed away in the cabinet, and sat to eat the homemade meal with garlic bread. We ate in silence for the most part, I could tell it bothered him. But to be honest, it didn't bother me. He finally broke it with a daring statement.

"I don't regret having sex with you, Harper."

"You don't? Good, I don't either."

"It was a lot of fun, lots of fun." He suggested to the naughty moments we shared that night.

"It was."

"Is there a reason you are so unexcited to talk about this? I just thought you'd want more than a one night stand. Do you?"

"David, as much as I'd want to say yes, you are working towards being a somebody. You for one, don't need a girlfriend to tie you down, and two, I don't want to be tied to you because there are so many girls that will throw themselves at you eventually. So I think for the both of us, it'd be better if we were just friends. We can acknoweldge that the night happened, but it was a one time thing."

"Of course, if that's how you want it to be."

"It is," I said with confidence even though I was trembling on the inside. And apparently, my talk with Jenny was more correct than her argument. I wasn't worthy of locker room banter or he would've fought harder for us to become something more than a one night stand.

"How about, just as friends, you come to the game again tomorrow. We'll go out with the guys if we win afterwards again and just be friends. I could use a new girl space friend." Yes, he actually said the space, I had to laugh at the phrase.

"Okay," I said through the fit of giggles. He nodded and finished his dinner. He offered to wash the dishes as I cleaned up the rest of the mess from cooking, then he challenged me to a game of Madden 12 on the PS3. I couldn't resist the challenge, so we played for a couple of hours, both of winning a time or two and had fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet, hope this is more interesting than some of the chapters. Looking for two-three comments before the next update though!