Status: Updated Whenever

Color Me Adventurously

Rejected Again

One thing BravePadfoot had learned over time was to accept all the quests even if he wasn't planning on actually doing them. The reason, you ask? Because there was a very good change that he'd actually complete the tasks while wandering around aimlessly. In those times he could get some useful items, some experience, occasionally mesos, and even fame (though he got lots of that just lounging in Henesys even when he was napping).

This rule was doubly important in Red Leaf High because you never knew what room was next. Usually he was very happy to accept the student's requests but there was just this one that made him tug on the collar of his shirt, turn flaming red, and shuffle his feet. Ha! >_<

Her name was Laya and she was a gymnast.

Back in the Old World, Sirius Black had been something of a ladies man, a charmer. Here, he wasn't getting much action, mostly because the ladies just stared at him nonplussed when he flirted with them.

He remembered that one time with Juliet:

More than a Year ago

“Adventurers, please listen to my story,” a pretty girl asked begged, her hands clasped in front of her.

Sirius immediately identified her as a damsel in distress and moved swiftly to her side. At this time he was possessing a warrior and had unabashedly showed off his weapon, a Crimson Maple Lightbringer which he held in his right hand. But this didn't stop his left from taking her right and bringing it charmingly to his lips. “My lady, Rover60, at your service. What ails you?”

The girl blinked and withdrew her hand from his. He frowned. She blinked. Then she spoke again in that same desperate tone. “Will you listen to my story?”

“Sure?” Sirius then sat on his cuddly polar which, despite being very large, would come out instantly when he needed it and never try to eat him.

“A disagreement started between the Alcadnos and the Zenumists and horribly, the only one who could solve the quarrel disappeared. Each family accused the other of killing him and that along with their different uses of alchemy led to the darkness we see in Magatia today.”

“That's horrible! You must be dreadfully lonely with all these disagreements. I can keep you company if you'd like.”

She stared at him. He blinked. Silence ensued.

“Yulette, the man who disappeared is very much alive, and he's kidnapped Romeo! Please save him!”

“Who's Romeo?”

“The love of my life; but he's a Zenumist and if my father ever found out I dread to think of what could happen to him. But please! Yulette is mad and wouldn't hesitate to harm him!”

Sirius cuddled further into the polar bear. “You know, this sounds a good deal like a play by this muggle named, Shake the Pier or ShakePeers, or something of the sort. Are you sure you haven't been reading one too many tragedies?”

Juliet said nothing.

“Alright, alright. Because you're very pretty and very bored, I'll help you. I'm ready to save Romeo so just send me where you will.”

“Come back when you have gathered a party of 4.” Juliet went back to beckoning other adventurers and completely ignoring Sirius's presence. He looked around the room and sighed, still sitting and cuddling the polar bear.


Present Time

Well, that had definitely been a formative experience along with his failures with Ayan, Athena Pierce, Kriel (who very roundly rejected him based purely on creatural prejudices), Lisa, Betty, Mar, Arwen, Kyrin, Shulynch, Sirin, Schegerazade. BravePadfoot, took a deep breath. Lakelis, Kay, Pink Mesoranger, Miki, Lita Lawless, Irena, Cygnus (which creepily was his father's name), Robeira, Rene, Belle, Claudine, Carta, Danika.

Wow, now that he thought about it maybe he should take up Laya's offer even if it was just to chill in the classroom. But no, he forgot the strangest thing about her. And this was a complete deal-breaker for him.

Laya was a panda.

He was sure he could understand why Kriel had rejected him at least but, still, fairies and adventurers had a lot more in common than pandas and adventurers. Not to mention Laya gave him the creeps and she giggled a lot and blushed profusely. To add insult to injury, he couldn't first talk to her without asking her out because she'd just tell him to go away and that was a waste of good experience.

So, he bit back his pride and asked her out.

She giggled and breathlessly, almost disbelievingly, said, “Really? Well, I don't know. Meet me in the art room.”

Meet me in the -insert class- room in Hogwarts used to mean make-out sessions not in the many broom cupboards. Now, he really hoped it didn't mean the same thing and then he used the key to enter the long string classrooms.

After avoiding the school nurses, beating Athena Pierce in her history lesson (he grinned wickedly), fighting off Bellflower Wim- Dude's attackers, beating Kyrin into next year (goodness, he was starting to really feel bad – his mother always used to say, “A man never hits a girl”), and dueling Hermoninny (he chuckled thinking about what Hermione Granger would say about her look alike), he finally reached the art room.

Laya was standing on top of a desk or something. Whatever. He spoke to her.

“Listen, you know? Do we really have to go out?” Best to break it to her easy.

“Oh, I don't know. No, it might be better if we were just friends.”

BravePadfoot sighed in relief before he realized something. “Hey!”

“School's out!” He suddenly found himself outside of the classrooms and unable to talk to Laya except for her to say something about really liking school or art or pink hair-ribbons.

Rejected again.