Status: New Co-Write :) give us love <3

Hollow Crown

Chapter Five.

Marley put her phone down on the makeup counter after Ainsley had replied. The small framed girl only wore a pink pair of panties , while the other girls walked around in robes it was like Marley didn’t care if anyone saw her naked. She started to get up from her seat to go change. Danny was standing by the door and could only smile when she stood up. They both laughed.

“You’re such a pervert!”

“Says the naked girl?”

“I’m wearing panties!”

“Hardly!”

Marley smiled and looked up suddenly as the main lights shut off with a small boom.

“We should go…”

She walked toward the dressing room and Danny slapped her bum as she passed him. She didn’t say anything and simply dressed herself while he stood in the door way.

“So what are we going to do now? Anything exciting?”

Marley thought for a moment as she slipped her right foot into her shoe.

“Not really…”

They were both silent while she pulled her hoodie over her arms. She took Danny’s hand and walked out into the shoot room. Ryan was still there on his computer. He looked up at the two walking for the door.

“You got yourself another one already?” He called.

Marley smiled and waved goodbye to him walking out the door. When they got outside she let go of Danny’s hand and walked to her car, he followed her.

“Is there a reason that happened?”

“He keeps trying to fuck me… I don’t know why he doesn’t understand the words I say to him. I want a new photographer he creeps me out.”

“Oh…”

They were silent while they drove. Danny would occasionally look her way wanting to speak knowing what he wanted to say but for some reason couldn’t get it out.

“What are you doing?” Marley asked.

“Uh… I was just looking at you…”

“Well stop.”

“I’m not allowed to look at you?!”

“You’re being weird about it!”

“That’s because I wanted to ask you a question but I got afraid.”

“You got afraid? You mean you got scared?”

Danny looked out the window hiding his smile.

“Well look at that, me being corrected by a French girl!”

“Only because you’re stupid…”

“So rude.”

“It comes with the package.” She smiled “What did you want to ask me afraid boy?”

“Oh shut up…” He looked down. “Why do you walk around like that?”

“Like?”

“At your work… You walk around naked… Basically and all the other girls wear robes.”

“I don’t know… It’s takes up time when you wear the robe… I guess I’m really comfortable with myself.”
Her voice got quiet toward the end of her statement.

Danny looked over at her and saw confused and sad she looked.

“I’m sorry…” He trailed off.

“For what?”

“For asking. It was kinda rude.”

“It wasn’t… You were just wondering. I’m wondering something too…”

“What’s that?”

She looked over at him and smiled reaching into her purse for a cigarette.

“Well. Did you only come to Paris with us so that you could sleep with me?”

“Is this a trick question? Because you seduced me missy.”
“I know. I was there remember?”

“Well… Kind of I guess. But James really wanted to come too so I figured I would come with him.”

Marley stayed silent. She threw her cigarette out the window not even half smoked and bit her bottom lip keeping herself from looking at Danny. He knew he should have lied.

When they pulled into the parking lot to her apartment she grabbed her purse and got out of the car, Danny followed her. She dropped the keys to her door at the door and bent over to grab them when she grabbed the door knob it was already unlocked. She looked back at Danny and he shrugged. She walked in quietly. The kitchen light was on in the dark apartment. She slowly approached the kitchen.

“Hello?” she called out quietly.

“In here love.” It was Tom

She dropped her purse and ran into the kitchen. When she saw that he was sitting at the table and had made dinner… For two her heart sank.

“Wh… Why are you here?”

He rubbed the back of his neck when Danny walked into the kitchen. He cleared his throat.

“We need to talk… Unless…” He sighed. “You want me to leave?”

Marley turned to see Danny and then turned quickly back to Tom.

“No… No don’t leave.” She bit the inside of her mouth and turned to Danny pushing him out the door.

“You have to go. I’m really sorry but you need to find James and come back later and… And when you find them tell Ainsley that Tom came back and that you and James have to leave I’m really sorry Danny but just go you can get your things later.”

She closed the door and walked back into the kitchen almost in tears.

“I don’t understand.”

“Marley… I miss you. I love you I can’t just leave you when you’re sick… You need help and that means that right now you need me more than anyone… Or anything… I hope. Come on sit down… I made us your favorite.”

Her bottom lip quivered and a tear slid along her soft cheek. She pulled stray hair behind her ear and took a deep breath.

She looked up at him and he offered a weak smile.

“Please sit down with me.”

She took the few steps that were between them and hugged his neck placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He smiled and kissed the small back.

“I love you too… I really do.”

He held onto her at her waist and kissed the top of her head.