Status: Sequel is Posted!

Give Into Me

See you then.

A week later

At 3:28 in the afternoon, is the time I realized what a best friend Emily really was. She didn’t even bother to come and see me, or at least attempt an apology. Then again she never really was one to apologize.

Then at about 3:43, I swear she had regained her place in my life, when she appeared at my door, with sad eyes. It was like she read my mind.

I took a deep breath, and opened the door slowly exposing myself to the broad daylight. Something I haven’t seen in days.

“Hey Lucy.” She looks down at her feet.

“Hey.”

“How have you been?” She asks trying to look me in the eye.

I shrug.

“Lucy, I don’t expect you to forgive me, but I do expect you to at least talk to me about, well, everything.”

“Why is it that from the beginning of this trip, hell, the beginning of sophomore year, everything you’ve said has the word I in it. This trip has opened my eyes Em. It has always been Emily then Lucy. I’ve let you have everything, from crushes to fucking bobby pins. Remember sixth grade yearbook pictures, because I do.”

“Lucy, I’m sorry okay, but dam you are so pathetic. Open your eyes! I’m letting you have the last bit of family I have with me, and there you go pushing him away. You have the one thing I even as a little sister have always been so protective over. Jesus Christ, Lucy, open ‘em already.” By now her hands are in the air with eyes widened.

“Oh please, Emily, do not turn this on me.”

“Just please, consider it would ya!” She gave me one last stern look before turning on her heel.

I walked back into my house, clenching my jaw, trying not to cry.

So, he likes me. Possibly loves me.

If I go back to him, I would be a fool. The type of fool that would only make me feel stupid, oh so stupid.

“Luce?” My mom’s voice sounds through the hallway.

“Oh yeah mom, over here.” I quickly wipe the few tears I had let go.

“So, I’m pretty sure you were already told I got married?” She lifts her hand exposing a square cut diamond, quite big, with a small diamond band.
I looked at her nodding looking at her with pure curiosity.

“Point is, he’s moving in tomorrow, Saturday, and well, we wanted to have a house warming party. What do you think Hun?”

“Sure mom.” I said slightly tilting my head with a smile plastered on my face.

“Okay…” She bit down on her lip, “Now the real point is, I want to invite the Viggo Family.” She made some weird face looking for my response.

“Mom, their parents are never even around.” I snapped.

“Yes, but I’m very close with their Aunt Lisa, as a matter of fact, that is who I went to Vegas with.” She stuck her nose in the air, folding her arms.

“Mom, I don’t want to see him.” I pouted.

“I don’t know why I asked you, it completely slipped my mind that I already decided to invite them. Luce, it’s time to put your big girl pants on and face whatever it is you’re scared of. Now go take a shower, because you reek of, dear I can’t even explain, get some of mommy’s make up, cover up those bags, slip something nice on, and invite them to celebrate our happiness.” She raises her eyebrows.

Our happiness?” I began to walk away. My mom has always been the type to actually listen to, or shit will get crazy.

“Yes our happiness.”

×××

After spending two hours, making myself presentable, I finally was done. I walked down in jeans, a pattern shirt, a cardigan, and TOMS. My mom simply smiled at me, while on the phone.

I lazily waved then walked over to my car, blindly wrapping my hair in a bun.

Finding myself somehow in front of their huge double doors was more frightening then when I saw my very first scary movie. My fingers would not stop shaking, my bottom lip was bleeding from biting it so viciously, and I swear I felt a little sweaty.

I finally brought myself to knock, or more I barely tapped the dam door.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Just do it Luce.

My hand had a mind of its own and knocked desperately on the door. My foot retracted a step back, feeling too close to the door.

The door opened within a minute or so, with Ricky, of all fucking people.

Shirtless.

“Lucy?” he squinted, revealing one of the sexiest sleepy voices ever heard.

“Ricky…” I paused trying not to look towards his flat rock hard abs, that I once would hold on to every night, down to his V .

“Luce, are you okay?” he asked, weirdly, trying to close the door behind him, stepping forward.

“Yeah, so um, listen my mom...”

I stopped as the door opened.

“Baby, come back to bed.” A short blonde haired girl steps out in Ricky’s Nike sweatshirt.

The one I used.

“Oh this is great.” I dryly chuckled.

“Okay babe.” He kissed her forehead. She giggled, gave me daggers, and walked back inside.

“So what were you saying? Sorry, that’s uh Liz. She just moved into town.” He smirked.

“My mom is having a house warming party for her and her new husband, you guys are invited.” I said flatly, avoiding eye contact.

“Oh, I would go, but I already have plans with Liz.” He nonchalantly said.

“Just tell Emily.” I turned on my heel and headed for my car.

“See you around Lucy.” I turned back to already see him closing the door.

I walked over to my car with my hands clenched.

“Stupid idiot!” I yelled, once I got in my car.
I cried the entire way home.

I walked straight to my mom, who was painting her nails on the kitchen table.

“Mom he’s a fucking idiot, I swear!” I yelled running my hair through my now loose hair.

“Usually I would oppose this language.” She stared at her nails.

“Mom he stood their shirtless okay, I’m telling him about the party, then in comes the stupid blond bimbo and is all ‘Babe blah-blah-blah, oh and then she looks at me and basically says fuck you, and then Ricky is all ‘I can’t I already made plans with her’ and then the worst part of it all, he acted like we never had a thing, like we never shared special moments, like we never almost did it .” I stripped out of my cardigan.

“Oh thank God you didn’t do it with him, I wanted to ask you but, you know how you are.” She smiled to herself.

“Mom, not the point!” I exclaimed.

“Then what is it babe, how you pushed him away after he came to apologize. Baby, you can’t be mad at a guy for moving on. He got rejected, he moved on. That’s how it works.” She eyes me.

“It just hurts mom, it really-really hurts.” I pressed my temples.

“How about we go to the mall and get you a nice dress for tomorrow, you know, Michael has a lot of charming nephews I’m sure would love to get to know you.” She wagged her eyebrows at me.

“Only you would mom.” I could not help but laugh.

After her nails had dried, we decided to get going to the mall. My mom went to go get the car started. As soon as I locked the door, my phone vibrated through my back pocket.

Count me in for tomorrow 
Xoxo Your best friend
forever
Emily!

I smiled.

See you then, best friend